Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Securom: Conflict with Disc Emulator Software detected. | Forums

Hi,

When I try to load the game the protection system tells me this:
    --
    Conflict with Disc Emulator Software detected. See http://www.securom.com/emulation_detected for more details.
    --

And if you visit the link it says:
    --
    SecuROMâ"ž¢ has determined that you are trying to start the application with an image of the original disc. Please be informed that SecuROMâ"ž¢ protected applications will not work with an emulated image of the original disc.

* Please unmount your image and insert the original disc in order to start the application.
    --

I'm using the original DVD though. Is there any possible solution for this? Is this even a known problem? I did a search and there doesn't appear to be any Securom problem.

Any help appreciated.
    Julian

close Daemon-Tools and it will work.

No it won't...

Same problem here...

no idea then.. securom only looks for specific things to block for example daemon tools, so if you have any other disc emulation programs running (alcohol 120% etc) it just refuses to work.

my CD-DVD drive has actually been scratching my discs a lot recently and it scratched my precious homm disc so i tried to make a backup and use that but securom wont let me..it really sucks. i have to use a modified EXE file to play otherwise i risk losing my disc to scratches. and an external DVD rom costs a bit too much. (running a laptop here)

I really tried everything.
    - Checked my settings accoding to the 'help'full link displayed by securom
    - checked register and install settings and installed again (tip from an other topic)
    - exit all programs started bij the user within the task-bar

still.. nothing.

getting hopeless here (:-()

Do you guys have any virtual drives?
    Like:
    Nero image driver
    Alcohol120%
    D-tools
    VirtualCD
    Or any other type of image drive?

Hi - yes I'm using Alcohol 120.
    I tried unmounting the image on the virtual drive and now the game starts.
    I don't really call this a permanent solution though since I like my virtual drive for older games. Is there any chance this can be fixed?

Try using something else (like nero) Usualy alc120% and d-tools messes up with protections.

Well, I have an Alcohol drive with a mounted image on my PC and the game starts no problem.

Besides, CutLunch, as long as you don't have to install/remove the virtual drive, it's not much of a hassle, isn't it?

I do use it (dtools, alcohol) but when I try to run the game, everything is off. Running programs are all system programs. I really turned all running programms off (and I mean ALL running programms) but still nothing.

I had to take a 'fixed' game file from the net (shame, shame) to actually play a game I spend â"š¬50,- on.... I'd really like them to fix this faillure, because this is NOT the way it is suppost to be..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast