Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Gameplay feedback and new features wishlist | Forums

Smile I like the graphics but do not like challenge mode

Hello,

I realize that you've made the game for young people but I got it because it was intriguing and I liked the graphics on the demo. However, I do not like the challenge mode because it makes my blood pressure go out the window so I don't play the game very often,. Yes,. keep challenge mode for the adrenaline loving players but why not have a not so pressurized game play for us who physically have difficulty with the stress level of saving their people before they get destroyed. I am female and a gramma and do not usually play these kinds of games but this one was not a 'shoote'r game so I tried it, but it's a physically difficult because of the timed disasters modes. Plus the camera rotation is very difficult to manage in challenge mode. I spent too much time fighting the camera angles just to see where I was. Keep in mind that I was an adult when pong and pacman came out. lol

So have a non challenge mode. It's why I liked Myst when that came out. I could admire the artwork and puzzle out things at my own pace and not have to beat a clock before disaster struck. I do not like outright killing games.

The gaming industry seems to cater to young adrenaline junkies and then they wonder why other ages don't play the games. It's become a a self serving cycle of adrenaline games feeding adrenaline junkies but you guys are blocking the rest of humanity out of gaming. It's something to consider.

So have a non-challenge mode for us old fogeys with high blood pressure and make the camera easier to manage. I had a heck of a time trying to work that volcano one before it killed the villages.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by porkypine90 View Post
    Hello,

I realize that you've made the game for young people but I got it because it was intriguing and I liked the graphics on the demo. However, I do not like the challenge mode because it makes my blood pressure go out the window so I don't play the game very often,. Yes,. keep challenge mode for the adrenaline loving players but why not have a not so pressurized game play for us who physically have difficulty with the stress level of saving their people before they get destroyed. I am female and a gramma and do not usually play these kinds of games but this one was not a 'shoote'r game so I tried it, but it's a physically difficult because of the timed disasters modes. Plus the camera rotation is very difficult to manage in challenge mode. I spent too much time fighting the camera angles just to see where I was. Keep in mind that I was an adult when pong and pacman came out. lol

So have a non challenge mode. It's why I liked Myst when that came out. I could admire the artwork and puzzle out things at my own pace and not have to beat a clock before disaster struck. I do not like outright killing games.

The gaming industry seems to cater to young adrenaline junkies and then they wonder why other ages don't play the games. It's become a a self serving cycle of adrenaline games feeding adrenaline junkies but you guys are blocking the rest of humanity out of gaming. It's something to consider.

So have a non-challenge mode for us old fogeys with high blood pressure and make the camera easier to manage. I had a heck of a time trying to work that volcano one before it killed the villages.
    Agree with the above as an adult male. Some nice sandbox games/or make your own map but this has been asked for but no reply I guess the game has stopped being developed!

One feature that is urgently needed is to be able to skip videos when redoing a scene after failure. Not being able to skip second and third time around gets really annoying and takes the fun out of bothering to try again.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011