http://up351.siz.co.il/up3/jzmcut1d0lmt.jpg

pls help!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by yardenks:
    after a clean install of Splinter Cell Conviction i get that error:
    ubisoft game launcher error: error code 2
    picture:

This Error relates to the UBI GameLauncher file, i.e. Error Code 2. Try this method which I'm giving below.

Which version of game do you have, Retail DVD or STEAM ? Also list your FULL PC specs, including the Operating System.

First you need to Manually delete the entire 'Ubisoft Game Launcher' folder, e.g. from C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher. Also remove it from Control Panel----> Add/Remove programs (or Programs & Features).

After that again reinstall the Game Launcher from the disk/DVD. Browse the DVD, and go to 'Support folder-----> Game Launcher', and run the UbisoftGameLauncherInstaller.exe file.

STEAM's path should be something like this e.g.: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Tom Clancy's Splinter cell Conviction\Redist\GameLauncher\UbisoftGameLauncher Installer.exe.

Or, reinstall the software from here:

http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orb...auncherInstaller.exe

If the above methods still don't work, then you can try deleting the 'Registry' entries of the Launcher, and then do a reinstall of the Game Launcher file, as told above. i.e. first remove it from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\Ub isoft Game Launcher (for 64 bit OS), or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher.

----------------------------------------------

Originally posted by KingDaniel0:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yardenks:
    after a clean install of Splinter Cell Conviction i get that error:
    ubisoft game launcher error: error code 2
    picture:

This Error relates to the UBI GameLauncher file, i.e. Error Code 2. Try this method which I'm giving below.

Which version of game do you have, Retail DVD or STEAM ? Also list your FULL PC specs, including the Operating System.

First you need to Manually delete the entire 'Ubisoft Game Launcher' folder, e.g. from C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher. Also remove it from Control Panel----> Add/Remove programs (or Programs & Features).

After that again reinstall the Game Launcher from the disk/DVD. Browse the DVD, and go to 'Support folder-----> Game Launcher', and run the UbisoftGameLauncherInstaller.exe file.

STEAM's path should be something like this e.g.: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Tom Clancy's Splinter cell Conviction\Redist\GameLauncher\UbisoftGameLauncher Installer.exe.

http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orb...auncherInstaller.exe

If the above methods still don't work, then you can try deleting the 'Registry' entries of the Launcher, and then do a reinstall of the Game Launcher file, as told above. i.e. first remove it from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\Ub isoft Game Launcher (for 64 bit OS), or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher.

---------------------------------------------- </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I have the same problem with this error nr 2. launcher was working but after formating PC and obviously reinstaling the game the following error nr 2 starts appear. any of your methods, not help. i have box version of the game not STEAM.
    My configuration - Win XP 32, Motherboard: ASUS P5QL PRO, Graphic card: ASUS GF EN9800GTX+, Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 2,66 GHZ, RAM: GEIL DDR2 2x1GB 1066MHZ

Originally posted by Qt4n0id:
    I have the same problem with this error nr 2. launcher was working but after formating PC and obviously reinstaling the game the following error nr 2 starts appear. any of your methods, not help. i have box version of the game not STEAM.
    My configuration - Win XP 32, Motherboard: ASUS P5QL PRO, Graphic card: ASUS GF EN9800GTX+, Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 2,66 GHZ, RAM: GEIL DDR2 2x1GB 1066MHZ
    That is the only method to bypass the Error code 2, and it has known to work in many cases. Are you getting the same Game Launcher file error, or some other Message ? Can you Launch and play the Game now ?

You can also try this method, which I'm giving, if you face any connectivity issues.

Try Deleting the Windows HOSTS.txt file from this location i.e. C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Delete this file, but first make a BACKUP on some other location. After doing this, again try to PLAY the game.

You can even edit this 'hosts' file, by removing all lines of text, If any, below these Lines:

127.0.0.1 localhost
    ::1 localhost

This link is for reference, just in case you have a corrupted DNS host file. You can reset it back to default, as explained here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

Does your game simply crashes, without any error messages, and you just get a BLACK Screen for few seconds and the game quits you to the Desktop ? Sometimes you may also get a black screen, saying that the 'Input or Mode is not supported', or 'Frequency Out of range'...

Or, do you have problem booting up the Game ? When you click on the large "PLAY!" button, the game window says the game is running, but then it might say 'Synchronising save games' and after that everything closes ?

*If you happen to face any of the above, then first try to manually edit the game's config file, which is ConvictionUserPC.ini. Open this config file i.e. 'ConvictionUserPC.ini' with notepad, and search for the following heading/lines e.g.:

[UserVideoOptions.Your_USER.ACCOUNT_Name]
    VisualQuality=2
    StartupFullscreen=True
    FullscreenViewportX=
    FullscreenViewportY=

MaxRefreshRate=60
    WindowedViewportX=
    WindowedViewportY=
    UseVSync=False
    UseHDR=True
    MonitorAspect=-1.000000......

Now, enter the correct/current values of your Desktop's Screen Resolution Mode inside the 'FullscreenViewportX/Y=' lines and save this file. The above config file can be found here: C:\ProgramData\Ubisoft\Conviction\ConvictionUserPC .ini.

Check what values are entered here, inside the 'FullscreenViewportX/Y' lines.

These Folders may be 'Hidden' under Windows, so make a note of this. First Patch the game to the latest version, and then try entering these values.

For Windows XP, try looking for the above file i.e. 'ConvictionUserPC.ini' under the following path, i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users or Owner\Application Data\Ubisoft\Conviction.

Originally posted by KingDaniel0:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Qt4n0id:
    I have the same problem with this error nr 2. launcher was working but after formating PC and obviously reinstaling the game the following error nr 2 starts appear. any of your methods, not help. i have box version of the game not STEAM.
    That is the only method to bypass the Error code 2, and it has known to work in many cases. Are you getting the same Game Launcher file error, or some other Message ? Can you Launch and play the Game now ?

You can also try this method, which I'm giving, if you face any connectivity issues.

Try Deleting the Windows HOSTS.txt file from this location i.e. C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Delete this file, but first make a BACKUP on some other location. After doing this, again try to PLAY the game.

You can even edit this 'hosts' file, by removing all lines of text, If any, below these Lines:

127.0.0.1 localhost
    ::1 localhost

This link is for reference, just in case you have a corrupted DNS host file. You can reset it back to default, as explained here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

Does your game simply crashes, without any error messages, and you just get a BLACK Screen for few seconds and the game quits you to the Desktop ? Sometimes you may also get a black screen, saying that the 'Input or Mode is not supported', or 'Frequency Out of range'...

Or, do you have problem booting up the Game ? When you click on the large "PLAY!" button, the game window says the game is running, but then it might say 'Synchronising save games' and after that everything closes ?

*If you happen to face any of the above, then first try to manually edit the game's config file, which is ConvictionUserPC.ini. Open this config file i.e. 'ConvictionUserPC.ini' with notepad, and search for the following heading/lines e.g.:

[UserVideoOptions.Your_USER.ACCOUNT_Name]
    VisualQuality=2
    StartupFullscreen=True
    FullscreenViewportX=
    FullscreenViewportY=

MaxRefreshRate=60
    WindowedViewportX=
    WindowedViewportY=
    UseVSync=False
    UseHDR=True
    MonitorAspect=-1.000000......

Now, enter the correct/current values of your Desktop's Screen Resolution Mode inside the 'FullscreenViewportX/Y=' lines and save this file. The above config file can be found here: C:\ProgramData\Ubisoft\Conviction\ConvictionUserPC .ini.

Check what values are entered here, inside the 'FullscreenViewportX/Y' lines.

These Folders may be 'Hidden' under Windows, so make a note of this. First Patch the game to the latest version, and then try entering these values.

For Windows XP, try looking for the above file i.e. 'ConvictionUserPC.ini' under the following path, i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users or Owner\Application Data\Ubisoft\Conviction.

---------------------------------------------- </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes i still getting the same error, no other message, only this error, and obviously i can't play the game. HOSTS.txt file method also not working. I don't think it's hardware problem because game and new version (I bought the game short after premiere so I was using the old, small launcher) of launcher was working perfectly. Problems was starts after formating the PC and instal the game.

i have a problem and i can't find anywhere what to do...
    when i install acr and try to play it i get error code 2 and i tried every thing they said but it doesn't help...
    i think the problem is that i just can't get the game launcher because it doesn't appear in my ubisoft folder. even if i try to download a seperate gamelauncherinstaller than it just stops installing...
    please help me i can't play any game of ubisoft: acr, driver san fransisco, heroes of might and magic 6!

Hi there, this is the forum for Splinter Cell, for the other games you would be better posting in their forums. For technical problems you need to submit a ticket to Technical Support who will be able to troubleshoot with you.

Can anybody help me ? I just receive Homm6 and i install it. But when i tried to play, it close automaticly and it write « ubisoft game lancher : code erreur 2 ». So i tried to delete the file : ubisoftgamelauncher : but when i tried to delete it, it says that the file is opened in another folder ! SO I CANNOT DELETE IT ! Please help me !! How could i delete the file and after reinstall the Ubisoft game launcher ? thx ... Help mee !!

Quote Originally Posted by kingdaniel0 View Post
    this error relates to the ubi gamelauncher file, i.e. Error code 2. Try this method which i'm giving below.

Which version of game do you have, retail dvd or steam ? Also list your full pc specs, including the operating system.

First you need to manually delete the entire 'ubisoft game launcher' folder, e.g. From c:\program files\ubisoft\ubisoft game launcher. Also remove it from control panel----> add/remove programs (or programs & features).

After that again reinstall the game launcher from the disk/dvd. Browse the dvd, and go to 'support folder-----> game launcher', and run the ubisoftgamelauncherinstaller.exe file.

Steam's path should be something like this e.g.: C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\tom clancy's splinter cell conviction\redist\gamelauncher\ubisoftgamelauncher installer.exe.

http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orb...auncherinstaller.exe

if the above methods still don't work, then you can try deleting the 'registry' entries of the launcher, and then do a reinstall of the game launcher file, as told above. I.e. First remove it from hkey_local_machine\software\wow6432node\ubisoft\ub isoft game launcher (for 64 bit os), or hkey_local_machine\software\ubisoft\ubisoft game launcher.

i. Love. You.

Quote Originally Posted by boutchou287 View Post
    Can anybody help me ? I just receive Homm6 and i install it. But when i tried to play, it close automaticly and it write « ubisoft game lancher : code erreur 2 ». So i tried to delete the file : ubisoftgamelauncher : but when i tried to delete it, it says that the file is opened in another folder ! SO I CANNOT DELETE IT ! Please help me !! How could i delete the file and after reinstall the Ubisoft game launcher ? thx ... Help mee !!
    To resolve this issue, you will need to manually install or reinstall the GameLauncher software, which handles the online authentication in the game. Please note that this software MUST be installed to play the game, and cannot be uninstalled or disabled.

1. First, you will need to uninstall the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software from the 'Add/Remove Programs' (Windows XP) / 'Installed Programs' (Windows Vista and 7) icon in your computer's control panel. It's possible that the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software will not be listed if you have already uninstalled it, or the game. If so, you can skip this step.

2. After uninstalling the software, you will need to manually delete any leftover files in the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (32-bit versions of Windows) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (64-bit versions of Windows). Please do not skip this step, it is very important. If this folder does not exist, please go to the next step.

3. Reinstall the GameLauncher software from: http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orbit/lau...rInstaller.exe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast