Test Posting Forum<span class="ev_code_BLUE"> – Please use this forum for testing your signature, avatars and any other test posting. Thank You</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">IMPORTANT NOTE:
Hotlinking images is not permitted. Many websites now utilise methods to prevent hotlinking which replaces any hot linked images for offensive content, the intention to deter persons from hotlinking their images.
Posting hotlinked images may result in the poster inadvertently posting offensive content within the forums which WILL result in account suspension/ ban.
You need to ensure that your chosen avatar and signature images are stored on an Imagehost site that allows remote-linking. There are many sites on the internet that are free, and where you can store your images.
Signature, Avatar & Image Posting Rules:
All Images posted within these forums are subject to the Forum Rules including and in addition to the following...
Images must NOT....
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>Contain any inappropriate content including but not limited to sexual content or reference etc
Contain foul language not permitted on the boards with or without symbols to disguise their intended purpose
Insult, harass, abuse members, mods or staff of the boards
Contain quotes posted by members, mods or staff either on these boards or elsewhere
Incite or promote hate groups, or groups designed to troll, flame across the forums
Avatars may not include text created to look like a custom title regardless of content[/list]
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">IMPORTANT ALL READ!!!</span>
What is and is not suitable is at the sole discretion of the moderators and staff on the forums. They reserve the right to remove any signature, avatar, image they deem inappropriate without prior notice.
Where appropriate violators will be banned, consider this your first and final warning. If you’re unsure about the content of your avatar or signature please seek advice from a moderator or manager BEFORE adding it to your profile.
If you think your sig or avatar may be inappropriate, it probably is, so don't risk a ban over it. This will be strictly enforced, regardless of who the perpetrator is.
NOTE: Anyone reposting a signature or avatar once removed will be subject to an instant ban without warning!
The maximum allowed for sig pics is <span class="ev_code_BLUE">500 in width by 150 in height </span> for all images combined (i.e. all images that you use have to fit in a 500 x 150 box). The maximum file size should be no more than <span class="ev_code_BLUE">60kb</span>.
You can use up to <span class="ev_code_BLUE">4</span> lines of text, including spaces (each line no more than 80 characters in length).
Avatars should be no more than <span class="ev_code_BLUE">15kb</span> in file size.
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">IMPORTANT - AVATAR RESIZING</span>
The Forum software automatically resizes Avatar's to <span class="ev_code_BLUE">64 x 64 pixels</span>
However the bytes remain the same as the original size.
It is very important that you stick to <span class="ev_code_BLUE">15kb</span> and ensure that before you set your avatar that it doesn't exceed the dimensions and size set out above.
HOW TO Add Signatures and Avatars
To place a picture in your signature do the following:
1. Click <span class="ev_code_BLUE">GO</span> drop down menu followed by <span class="ev_code_BLUE">My Space</span> then <span class="ev_code_BLUE">Profile</span> (1.)
2. Click <span class="ev_code_BLUE">Edit Profile</span> then scroll down to the <span class="ev_code_BLUE">Signature</span> section and place the URL of the pic you want to use in the white Edit Box (3.) It must look like this:
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">[ IMG ] URL to Imagehost NOT to your Hard drive [ /IMG ]</span> taking out all spaces.
3. To add an Avatar, do step 1, but after clicking <span class="ev_code_BLUE">Edit Profile</span> scroll down to the <span class="ev_code_BLUE">Avatar / Picture URL </span>section and click on <span class="ev_code_BLUE">Edit</span> (2.)
A window will pop up which looks like this:
4. Make sure you select <span class="ev_code_BLUE">URL for your Custom Avatar</span> (4.) and NOT <span class="ev_code_BLUE">Upload Custom Avatar</span> or else you'll get a Permissions Error.
5. Click on the <span class="ev_code_BLUE">Select This One</span> and your image will appear where (5.) is.
After a few seconds, you'll get a confirmation that your avatar has been updated successfully.
6. If you are unsure how to accomplish the above, or are having problems, please PT someone and get help.
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">IMAGE FORMATS </span>Please use Image Formats: *.JPEG or *.PNG.
These are smaller in size than *.BMP.
So if you are using a *.BMP Signature, please change it to *.JPEG or *.PNG.
Doing so will speed up page loads.
Thank you for your attention and cooperation