Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crash after sinking Arc Royal. | Forums

Does anyone know why my game crashes after i sink the Ark Royal when its sitting nice and still in a port .???????
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hmm, strange one that one. I've heard many people say that they've successfully sunk the carrier inside the port without experiencing a CTD. Try a previous save to the one you are using. What mods are you using, could there be a conflict? Sinking the ship might not be the sole reason for CTD. I often had CTD's returning to base, these in hindsight were due to mods.

Note that sinking a ship in port can often not count towards your mission objectives, so my suggestion is to ignore that ship and try to catch a carrier in open seas. Anyway, It's not realistic, in reality the ship would of been heavily defended - wire, mines, etc.

You should check the temperature of your motherboard and graphic card. Whenever I shoot a torpedo in a heavy environment (i.e.: a port, a big convoy and so on), my graphic card gets overstressed and may throw me out of the game.

Same on this end - Steam version (1.2), German data folder.

I sink the Ark Royal in Plymouth harbour and my XO begins informing me "Capital Ship, bearing ***. Short range." This goes on for about a minute or two (he lets me know about the phantom capship about every 10 seconds) and then with no warnings or error messages it crashes to desktop.

Temps on CPU & GPU never go above what I usually see when they're taxed, and the game runs perfectly fine in all other respects - so I think it's just one of those bugs...

When this happens to people playing SH4 and they sink a ship with lots of graphics going on the crash is caused by the graphic card or to high of a setting in the graphic options.

SH5 is a very demanding graphic game.

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the *** with a banjo" by Chief Officer Steward Dogan - USS Gurnard.
    -------------
    SHIV Guide - TMOwTw 2.5 - Shipping Route Maps US & Jap - TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 - SH4 Manual

I have been getting this problem too on Blockade of Germany I cant for the love of god find a carrier task force out at sea but I have found the ark royal at Plymouth but it crashes about 20 seconds after i sink it. It has nothing to do with graphics my pc is very powerful and can handle much more. I would love to keep playing this game too.

I'm having the exact same problem- solutions, anyone?
    anyone?

then with no warnings or error messages it crashes to desktop.

There is a bug where if you torp a cap ship close to a port you can sometimes get a ctd.
    So far there is one fix that seems to work - its not great but its something.

Set up your attack and fire torps - before torps hit, goto map view and stay there until ship sinks.
    You can the go back to 3d view again

I had the same thing happen to me. I think it might me the graphics card, but I don't care anyways, because it wasn't counting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast