Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UNABLE TO FIND RAVEN SHIELD | Forums

hello.. sorry for my language, but i don't speak english. When i run the setup of raimbow six 3 iron wrath, compare an error: UNABLE TO FIND RAVEN SHIELD. Why? can you help me?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

You need to have Raven Shield installed to install Iron Wrath. IW is an expansion pack and needs a lot of the original game's files to work.
    -Paladin1

Yes, but where i download raven shield.. in the dvd are only one setup.

Do you have Raven Shield? Raven Shield can be purchased and downloaded from Direct2Drive if you want. Or you can go to your local software retailer and get it there.

in the dvd are only one setup.
    I'm not sure what you mean by that. I don't remember RvS being released on DVD. If it was I've never seen it...not any U.S. versions anyway.
    -Paladin1

I have the same problem; "unable to find raven shield" these helps about Iron Wrath etc. is not helping. What to do? I just bought the game yesterday and canâ´t start playing it!

how come when i get to the mutliplayer in RVS all the games are faint color and i can't join?

Originally posted by kimmospower:
    I have the same problem; "unable to find raven shield" these helps about Iron Wrath etc. is not helping. What to do? I just bought the game yesterday and canâ´t start playing it!
    Have you installed Raven Shield yet? You need to install RvS before you can install Iron Wrath. If you have already installed RvS and you are getting that error, try reinstalling.

how come when i get to the mutliplayer in RVS all the games are faint color and i can't join?
    http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...1/m/3781024673
    -Paladin1

reinstalling is the only option with this problem?? i have had RvS and Athena Sword since they came out.. on the same drive, but its not my primary drive.. i can install the patches.. play the game.. but i cant get iron wrath to recognize RvS.. i did a reinstall and still nothing..

I'm also having a problem with Iron Wrath unable to find Raven Shield. I have the retail version of Raven Shield installed on my computer but it still says it can't find it. Any solutions?

There is an entry in the Windows Registry which the IW installer reads to locate the installation directory of RvS. If this is missing or corrupt, the install will probably fail or say it can't find RvS.

You can verify its presence by following these directions:

Start Menu > Run... > type "regedit" and hit enter > navigate to the following directory (within the registry editor): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Red Storm Entertainment\RAVENSHIELD > look for the string "InstalledPath" and it should say your RvS install path to the right under "Data".

If there is no "InstalledPath" string, then you'll need to create one. Follow these directions to do this:

Right-click on the white area underneath the strings > Select "New" "String Value" > name it "InstalledPath" without the quotes and press enter > right-click on the newly created InstalledPath string and select Modify > where it says "Value Data" enter the location of your RavenShield directory on your hard drive. C:\Program Files\Red Storm Entertainment\RavenShield for example. > click OK.

Be careful when messing with the registry as one wrong deletion or entry can make your computer unbootable. THAT IS MY DISCLAIMER.

It should look like this when you are done, substituting your actual install path for mine:

That's about as simple as I can make it.

Reinstalling the game should also fix it if you don't want to mess with the registry.
    -Paladin1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast