Thread: Can't connect to any server?? | Forums

Hey guys,

I had to format a few days ago, and ever since I reinstalled I haven't been able to connect to any server. I go to HL, I click on whatever server, one that specifically says it's running my version, the game loads up, then it waits a while and times out.

I've tried a bunch of different servers, I've tried connecting directly from in-game, I've turned off all firewalls, checked and rechecked all my network configs and ... nada...

Anyone ever experience this?

(On a related topic, ever since my format bf1942 freezes for a few seconds every so often while playing online. Used to work perfectly before the format, I reinstalled exactly the same drivers, didn't change a thing, and now it does this. Any ideas?)

Athlon64 3000+
    Abit KV8 Pro (VIA chipset)
    1GB PC2700
    BFG 6800GT running 66.97
    WinXP Pro SP2
    ---------------------------------

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hey guys,

I had to format a few days ago, and ever since I reinstalled I haven't been able to connect to any server. I go to HL, I click on whatever server, one that specifically says it's running my version, the game loads up, then it waits a while and times out.

I've tried a bunch of different servers, I've tried connecting directly from in-game, I've turned off all firewalls, checked and rechecked all my network configs and ... nada...

Anyone ever experience this?

(On a related topic, ever since my format bf1942 freezes for a few seconds every so often while playing online. Used to work perfectly before the format, I reinstalled exactly the same drivers, didn't change a thing, and now it does this. Any ideas?)

Athlon64 3000+
    Abit KV8 Pro (VIA chipset)
    1GB PC2700
    BFG 6800GT running 66.97
    WinXP Pro SP2

With some types of dsl connection or if you have two network cards in your PC you'll need to tell the game which IP address to use. Start the IL2Setup / PFSetup utility in your game folder, click on the network tab and see if there's a drop down list of IP addresses. If there is, try each one on the list, one of them should work.

Also make sure that any firewall software you have is set to allow the game to connect to the internet.

I can't help with your BF1942 issue, I don't have that game.

Nope, only one network connection here. Onboard.
    All firewalls off, including the windows one. I'll see maybe the router is blocking it, but I'm grasping at straws here, the router hasn't been touched in months, so I don't see how anything could've changed...