Thread: Rainbow Six: Shadow Vanguard Announced | Forums

Not much info coming out ATM other than this looks to be an iphone/android game.

Today Gameloft revealed another upcoming game via their YouTube channel. Not much is known yet about Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Shadow Vanguard other than it's a tactical FPS, but that much was safe to assume given the rest of the Rainbow Six series. The original Rainbow Six game was released all the way back in 1998 and has since spawned tons of sequels all generally revolving around rescuing hostages, thwarting terrorists, and doing other special operations kind of things. Shadow Vanguard will likely feature similar gameplay, and controls similar to that of other Gameloft FPS games.
    http://toucharcade.com/2011/01...-via-teaser-trailer/

Please stop using words like Vegas and Tactical Shooter in the same sentence.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Yes, it's not tailored to any of the consoles or PC. The trailer is very cheesy and makes me cringe. Not for us.

UBI has a lot of competition in the FPS (first-person shooter) category. Before games like Battlefield, Modern Warfare and Call of Duty -- the FPS market was pretty dry.

Currently developers are focused on making gun and run games that have unrealistic gadgets and scenarios. There is larger market for games like those as opposed to realistic tactical first person shooter games like Rainbow Six. Still, it's a shame that UBI abruptly stopped developing new old-style realistic Rainbow Six games. They jumped a bridge from Raven Shield to Vegas. And when they failed, they never gave a second thought to it.

Rainbow Six franchise has a royal fan base -- no doubt. But this royal fan base has had a taste of mods/new maps in games like Rouge Spear and Raven Shield. That's one of the main reason, apart from minimal competition, that made Rainbow Six successful. UBI can no longer deliver a game that will satisfy our old appetite. They are looking for new players and more focused on expanding. This can be seen in all entertainment categories. There are way more movie sequels way too often. They will milk any franchise until net cash stops flowing. Too many expansions too quick. From 01 to 07 -- they released one Ghost Recon title every year and then stopped abruptly.

They tried the Vegas series with new tricks but it failed miserably in delivering good multiplayer experience. Simply too many other games that have the same concept.

Watched the trailer. Please tell me this is some kind of sick joke.
    If you are not part of the solution,you are part of the problem.

Banned
    They might as well put glowing neons on their armpatch: <span class="ev_code_yellow">Abused by a terrorist? Call 1-800-Rainbow!</span>

So much for a secret counter-terrorism unit...

Originally posted by StrykerN:
    Watched the trailer. Please tell me this is some kind of sick joke.
    After all these years, what makes you believe that Ubishaft's awful bunch of sinister clowns will ever get serious?

This is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard of in my life. Why in the hell would a major game studio be making a game for a phone????

Ive played all the new games all the COD's the medal of honors the bad company 2's and none of them are as fun to me as rainbow. I know this game isn't as super realistic as some would like but the game is still fun to me after all this time. There is a market for realism I wish Ubisoft could see that. Not everybody likes run and gun they could corner the market on tactical realism. They have rainbows previous pedigree to stand behind. I just wish they would get off there *** and make a game we all would love again.

Let's just advertise to everyone that we're an elite black ops team that only senior government officials knew about. And while we're at it, we'll let the media have some of the surveillance footage!
    -Rage
    Forum Addict

"Ever ready, ever willing, to protect life and property."

Yeah lol. Look mommy, R6 is on TV again! They will be writing parking tickets before long.

Originally posted by HolyShnikies:
    This is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard of in my life. Why in the hell would a major game studio be making a game for a phone????
    Cause that's were the casual gamer is at! Smart phone stores are a gold mine waiting to be tapped.
    _______

|XBL|-|Steam|-|PSN:KZarr_Altair

Lol a game for a mobile device,coupled with a master server system that spends as much time down as it does up,