Thread: High Poly Modelling | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

XyZspineZyX
    Just wondered, I know Far Cry uses a bump-mapping system, polybump, (that looks really cool) to reduce the poly count, but does this apply to all objects in the game? What I mean is, can you choose to have some high poly models while all other models use bump-mapping? So if you wanted a model to have a curved surface, you could determine the 'conversion factor' from high to low poly ingame models so that some ingame models use more polys? Cheers
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    Just wondered, I know Far Cry uses a bump-mapping system, polybump, (that looks really cool) to reduce the poly count, but does this apply to all objects in the game? What I mean is, can you choose to have some high poly models while all other models use bump-mapping? So if you wanted a model to have a curved surface, you could determine the 'conversion factor' from high to low poly ingame models so that some ingame models use more polys? Cheers

XyZspineZyX
    there are no ULTRA high poly models evry computer would freeze whit a 250.000 model. even my computer would freeze up man.

and trust me it can handle allot.

the thing works like this

FC hase 3 Level Of Detail meshes this are scaled for distance

so if you close up you see 2500 polys and if your 50meters away you see 1250Polys and if you are 200meters away you see 625 polys you get the point only if you put it on low your getting a short Lod distance so you get a faster pass on to the lowest LOD. and thats how it works.

keep it real for now

go to the Operation Archangel web site

http://www.op-archangel.com

System:AMD MP 2200(2cpu's OCed2Ghz), Geforce Fx5900, 1Gb DDR 266Mhz (Mboard cant take faster Ram), Audigy2, 6.1 Creative speaker set. 2 Zalman Pure Coper Coolers, 2Ó” 19" monitors.