Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ubisoft Announces ANNO 1404 Venice The Official ANNO 1404 Add On | Forums

Banned
    UBISOFT® ANNOUNCES ANNO 1404 VENICE THE OFFICIAL ANNO 1404 ADD-ON

Anno 1404 universe expands, and now features an online multiplayer mode

LONDON, UK – November 24th, 2009 – Today Ubisoft announced Anno 1404 Venice, the add-on for Anno 1404, the acclaimed real-time strategy and simulation game released earlier this year. Anno 1404 Venice will combine the signature gameplay mechanics of Anno 1404 and the richness of the Venetian culture. In addition, gamers will now be able to play Anno 1404 with their friends thanks to the new online multiplayer mode. The add-on is due to release next February 2010 in EMEA territories.

“With Anno 1404 Venice we are proud to bring a whole new dimension to gamers by letting them experience new multiplayer challenges online with their friends” said John Parkes, marketing director EMEA at Ubisoft, “we're confident that this add-on will please fans of the series as well as newcomers to the franchise.”

Key Features of ANNO 1404 Venice :
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    • The rich Anno 1404 environment gets complemented with a new Venetian setting offering new possibilities of interaction:
    o Build two new Venetian ship types: the small and big tradesman cog
    o Develop secret cabinets, infiltrate your enemies and sabotage their expansion
    o Take control over enemy cities thanks to your influence in the cities’ council board

• Play Anno 1404 online in a multiplayer mode:
    o Choose to play versus or coop to defeat the AI by combining your techniques
    o Up to 8 players

• New challenges and quests:
    o Up to 60 new items and 300 new quests with two new types: trading race and ship boarding
    o Discover and exploit a new type of island, the Volcano island
    o New scenarios to face new challenges with new achievements, medals and crests
    [/list]

Make sure you visit the official website http://anno.ubi.com and find out more info on Anno 1404.

For more information about Ubisoft please visit www.ubi.com.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Great news, there have been a lot of people asking for multiplayer.

Official Whisky taster and Herald to the Mighty Alderbranch.
    "The clues are out there.....S.N.A.F.U."
    Anno Fans | Settlers Maps

What ? No Assasins ? But still, sounds intruiging, suppose i ought to get around to getting Anno 1404.
    ----------------------------
    Originally posted by C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s:
    *shakes his fist at the heavens*

Damn you Dane! Damn you!

I think Ubisoft really needs to hire a native English speaker.

This announcement is reflective of how badly a lot of the translations are in the game itself. The game uses unknown words like "occidental" "patricians" "envoys" (even Google translate translated this better, as "ambassadors").

Originally posted by travbailey:
    The game uses unknown words like "occidental" "patricians" "envoys" (even Google translate translated this better, as "ambassadors").
    I think you'll find that they are in fact English words, occidental simply means the western, as opposed to the oriental, or Eastern.

Patrician is an old term for a person of high rank or noble family, and its use dates back to Roman times.

And an envoy is a messenger/Government representative, or Diplomat.

All of them are far from unknown to me, maybe you should do more reading, and widen your vocabulary

Official Whisky taster and Herald to the Mighty Alderbranch.
    "The clues are out there.....S.N.A.F.U."
    Anno Fans | Settlers Maps

Indeed, those are far from unknown words to me, and quite fit in with the era and area, considering it is Venice..
    ----------------------------
    Originally posted by C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s:
    *shakes his fist at the heavens*

Damn you Dane! Damn you!

I think you'll find that they are in fact English words, occidental simply means the western, as opposed to the oriental, or Eastern.
    I am not saying they are not English words, just uncommon English words. I have never seen the word "occidental" or "patrician" outside of this game, ever.

All of them are far from unknown to me, maybe you should do more reading, and widen your vocabulary
    With three degrees, I think my vocabulary is probably better than yours.

Sadly typical, instead of evaluating the criticism on its merits, you attack the person. This was never addressed to you. You are probably not an opinion maker on what is in the game, so discussing this with you is a waste of my time.

Aeriastudio.com
    Its amazing

Were any of your degrees in English Literature? I've no degrees and yet even as a layman I've read books and seen movies with those very words in them, instead of tossing burgers at Macdonalds may I suggest a further education in old English, these are words which were very comon in the fiteenth century and are very appropriate for the game! An Anno fan from Scotland.

Originally posted by travbailey:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think you'll find that they are in fact English words, occidental simply means the western, as opposed to the oriental, or Eastern.
    I am not saying they are not English words, just uncommon English words. I have never seen the word "occidental" or "patrician" outside of this game, ever.

With three degrees, I think my vocabulary is probably better than yours.

Sadly typical, instead of evaluating the criticism on its merits, you attack the person. This was never addressed to you. You are probably not an opinion maker on what is in the game, so discussing this with you is a waste of my time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Ubisoft really needs to hire a native English speaker.

This announcement is reflective of how badly a lot of the translations are in the game itself. The game uses unknown words like "occidental" "patricians" "envoys" (even Google translate translated this better, as "ambassadors").
    Sadly typical, instead of evaluating the criticism on its merits, you attack the person. This was never addressed to you. You are probably not an opinion maker on what is in the game, so discussing this with you is a waste of my time.
    And yet you think it is ok to criticize the game designers for not being "native English speakers" and are therefore somehow deficient. You also claim, because you have 3 degrees, that you are therefore better educated and have a better vocabulary than other people on this forum. I find this ironic considering you don't know what "occidental, patrician, and envoy" mean. Envoy, in particular, is in common usage within the English language, or don't you watch the news programs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast