Thread: 1st Mission Career Mode , So Far... | Forums

1st Mission Career Mode , So Far... 75% of near, not got manual targetting on and I have the map contacts on.

Loaded radar at PH only Air radar was available but I am getting radar contact with surface ships.

Left PH for Japan, stopped off Midway to top up fuel. Within 10m (don't know if its mile of kilometers )of Midway anyway the option to refill comes up and I was topped up and no my way within 20min(game time) mission still intact.

Approaching Japan I sink a Large Modern Composite freighter 7100t 3 torp to make her explode, 2nd sinking same type 100t more at 7200, 4 torps , after 3 she was still moving and there was a fire near her bow. Put a 4th into her and she went down, no big explosion this time as with the 1st one.

3 sinking, Modern Split Freighter 3200t. 2 torps fired still moving but slowing down. 3rd torp hit she was ablaze from bow to stern but sitting low. I waited and waited but got fed up and plotted a course for the coast and the marker I had to hit.

I thought that once I was under way and using TC the ship would sink and the little red split ship marker of a sinking would appear.

None did..

Now 1 of 2 things, either after 3 hits and being ablaze from bow to stern she didn't sink or 2 you have to watch ships go down to get the kill????

SH3 GWX 1.02 and even the base SH3 gave you the feel of Das Boot. I might need time to get into this, but even so, compared to SH3/GWX 1.02 this does not produce the same atmosphere.. For me anyway..

In SH3 with Officer Icons gave a feel as is you knew them and were interacting with them, does not feel the same here.

maybe I need to give it time.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

1st Mission Career Mode , So Far... 75% of near, not got manual targetting on and I have the map contacts on.

Loaded radar at PH only Air radar was available but I am getting radar contact with surface ships.

Left PH for Japan, stopped off Midway to top up fuel. Within 10m (don't know if its mile of kilometers )of Midway anyway the option to refill comes up and I was topped up and no my way within 20min(game time) mission still intact.

Approaching Japan I sink a Large Modern Composite freighter 7100t 3 torp to make her explode, 2nd sinking same type 100t more at 7200, 4 torps , after 3 she was still moving and there was a fire near her bow. Put a 4th into her and she went down, no big explosion this time as with the 1st one.

3 sinking, Modern Split Freighter 3200t. 2 torps fired still moving but slowing down. 3rd torp hit she was ablaze from bow to stern but sitting low. I waited and waited but got fed up and plotted a course for the coast and the marker I had to hit.

I thought that once I was under way and using TC the ship would sink and the little red split ship marker of a sinking would appear.

None did..

Now 1 of 2 things, either after 3 hits and being ablaze from bow to stern she didn't sink or 2 you have to watch ships go down to get the kill????

SH3 GWX 1.02 and even the base SH3 gave you the feel of Das Boot. I might need time to get into this, but even so, compared to SH3/GWX 1.02 this does not produce the same atmosphere.. For me anyway..

In SH3 with Officer Icons gave a feel as is you knew them and were interacting with them, does not feel the same here.

maybe I need to give it time.

i hit an old compositie tanker on my last patrol and she took 5 torps to take her down and she didnt sink for 5 hours...i took out the entire convoy and waited for this tanker to sink beneath the waves....

i had a bad run until my second patrol, i sink 11 cargo ships, 6 with the all mighty 50 deck gun. but when it goes dark (night time ) it really does go dark! I tried turning up my gamma and all i could see was the rain falling. i am enjoying though despite the bugs and glitches and can't wait to find the yamaoto (sp?) battleship!