Thread: R.U.S.E keeps crashing | Forums

Been having problems, when the second demo release was out the same thing happen to me then, I use Vista, but im getting frustrated, but everygame i play the game crashes about 15 minutes into it. the screen turns black and then my pc thinking symbol comes on and i have to alt tab. then a crash message comes on then it wants to send a email.

the crash message says

version :final
    access violation

core dump in c:\users\\appdata\local\000017_Ruse Final_4f39.dmp for post-mortem analysis

if anyone can help me out, that would be great

thanks
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by bozzi96:
    Been having problems, when the second demo release was out the same thing happen to me then, I use Vista, but im getting frustrated, but everygame i play the game crashes about 15 minutes into it. the screen turns black and then my pc thinking symbol comes on and i have to alt tab. then a crash message comes on then it wants to send a email.

the crash message says

version :final
    access violation

core dump in c:\users\\appdata\local\000017_Ruse Final_4f39.dmp for post-mortem analysis

if anyone can help me out, that would be great

thanks
    i have the same problem..........could anyone please help

If you really want to know what's causing it use the WinDbg utility to analyze the *.dmp file. It will show you if it's your video driver etc, it's a little cryptic but it does work. We use it all the time in our IT department to analyze blue screens of death.

You can download it here..

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/...bugging/default.mspx

Same problem here :/, It's impossible for me to even load the game, crashes soon as the menu screen appears.

.dmp mentions something to do with a symbol file not being able to be found .. something to do with the graphics then perhaps :/

i tryed what you said cpuchess1966, but it still failed.

i even Located the HOSTS.txt file found under this path, C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Opened it with notepad, and then ‘Delete’ everything below these two lines of text:

127.0.0.1 localhost
    ::1 localhost

updated my 8800gtx drivers

all this crap still doesnt work.

is there a way to get a refund?

I know i want my refund to but i wish there is a way to send the message

It's shameful Ubisoft are not responding to the three threads I've seen on the same crash! Anyway a helpful sole posted elsewhere to run the game in Vista SP2 compatibility mode - works for me now. However, I still can't play due to not being able to connect to their servers!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Punkdudejon:
    Same problem here :/, It's impossible for me to even load the game, crashes soon as the menu screen appears.

I have the same problem but it seems to have nothing to do with the graphics

Originally posted by Rylan2010:

I have the same problem but it seems to have nothing to do with the graphics
    Can you first list your FULL PC/laptop specs ? Do you run any other program in the background, when you start the Game ? Disable and Turn OFF your Windows Firewall, and any other Anti-virus program for the time being.

Can you run and play ALL other Games on STEAM ? Which OS are you using ? Do you get any ERROR messages, when you Launch and run RUSE ?

Btw, when you launch RUSE, does it run in the Background ? Confirm this via the Task manager/CTRL+ALT+DEL, under the Processes tab. If you can locate RUSE.exe under the Image Name column, then the Game is still running in the background.......

Try to run RUSE via the game's shortcut, or by clicking on the Game's Executable file i.e. RUSE.exe. Launch this file as an ADMIN, and under 'Win XP/Vista SP2 compatibility Mode', if necessary, and if you are using Windows 7.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**** man i just wasted all this money for this shti not to work