Thread: i can't install the assassin's creed brotherhood | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

hi,i have a problem when i try to install the game,in the middle of the instalation progress an error appears,it's something like this

error New feature

file: datapc_acr_rome

file: E:/data4.cab
    here is the image
    http://img638.imageshack.us/i/...assinscreedbrot.jpg/

i wait for an answer please
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

How did you get your copy of the game?
    Because this failure during the installation, suggests a corrupted install file (piracy probably, or a corrupt download through steam, which i think is pretty unlikely)

You might wanna try downloading it again, or contacting the shop you bought your copy from.

Originally posted by federcos:
    hi,i have a problem when i try to install the game,in the middle of the instalation progress an error appears,it's something like this

error New feature

file: datapc_acr_rome

file: E:/data4.cab
    here is the image
    http://img638.imageshack.us/i/...assinscreedbrot.jpg/

i wait for an answer please
    This CRC error usually comes when the Disk is old/damaged, or your CD/DVD-ROM drive is unable to read the disk properly. Btw, can your DVD-drive read other Game disks, except this one ??

This sounds like a bad drive 'Read' error. You need to first check the CD for Dirt and/or scratches. Try Cleaning it if possible. First check if it does NOT contain too many scratches, else you need to replace it. Also clean your CD/DVD drive's LENS with any cleaning disc you may have. Is the CD/DVD Drive configured properly ?

Also try to COPY all the Game disk contents to any Hard Drive location on your System, if possible, and then install the game from there. Sometimes disabling DMA (Direct Memory Access) under Windows via the Control Panel, can also help overcome such error. There is also one Tool for this CRC error, but it takes a lot of time, and I don't recommend using it.

Anyways, check whether your Game disk is damaged or not, and then try installing the game again. Do you have any other disk Drives on your system, so that you can try the game CD on it ? Any other Laptop or Computer ?? If Copying all the game files does not work, then maybe the game disk is damaged. It might need a replacement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i already change the game twice since yesterday and appears the same error,i'l try copy all the disk to another location to the pc

sorry by the repost,i copy all the files from the dvd to another folder in my computer,appears an error that says "cannot copy the file from the disk" the files in this case is one called "data 6" i use the retry again and again but nothings happens

I would contact support...

You can contact them using the link in my signature.

Originally posted by federcos:
    sorry by the repost,i copy all the files from the dvd to another folder in my computer,appears an error that says "cannot copy the file from the disk" the files in this case is one called "data 6" i use the retry again and again but nothings happens
    Ok, tell me one thing. Do you have any other disk Drives on your system, so that you can try the game CD on it ? Any other Laptop or Computer ??

Btw, can this current DVD-ROM drive read ALL other Game and data disks, except this one ??

----------------------------------------------------------------------

i already try to install another games and i have no problems with that,it's probably a dvd problem,maybe this monday they give me a functionable copy

Hello,

I had the exact same error and the problem was indeed the DVD: I couldn't install, nor could I copy its contents on another drive. I tried a friend's AC 2 DVD and it worked.

I haven't tried cleaning the DVD or trying it on a different PC, however. I could give it a try though.

Try cleaning your DVD drive could be there are some dust that causes the problem. Encountered different issues when using my 3 yr old dvd and thought of cleaning it then viola all the disk that are giving me problems are now working. Good thing I have not purchased a new one.