Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Spinning when starting | Forums

Posted Sat March 06 2010 08:47
    I just got a new computer with Windows 7 and after the game opening cut scene the area and compass just spin around in a circle.

Before I had Windows XP and it work ok with the microsoft sidewinder joystick. But when I changed to the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro I got the same spinning problem. So I went back and just used the sidewinder and then I could play the game. Now no dice....cant play with sidewinder because it is not supported by Windows 7. Now even with no joysitck attached I get the spinning. Any ideas???

Black Widow asked me to post here for pennygod.

Thanks

West
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA pennygod's Avatar
    Hey Gunny07

The only time that I have seen the issue with the game spinning is because of a peripheral of some sort is still connected to the system. Try disconnecting any input device other than your keyboard and mouse and then launch back into the game.

Also the only Brothers in Arms title that supported a game controller was Hell's Highway and it only supports the Xbox 360 PC controller so you could run into a lot of compatibility issues with getting any other controller to run with the game on Windows 7. There are some things you might want to try that could help with compatibility is to update the drivers for your joystick. They may have created new drivers to help with compatibility issues with Windows 7. Also try to go into the control panel and configure the joystick to windows.

If you still get the issue with the screen spinning with no controllers connected try uninstalling and reinstalling the game with no input peripherals connected.

Went to logitech and got the driver that was an update for Windows 7. Got the same result...spinning. I can play with the keyboard, but that is not desireable. I did go onto logitech forum and placed the problem there but have not heard anything yet. If I get a solution I will let you know.

On a related matter, I have not been able to install Brothers in Arms, Earned in Blood due to problems with the protection system not installing. I just got an email from someone in Ubisoft telling me that this game is not compatible with Windows 7. Not much help there either. Any ideas about EIB problem. thanks.

Unfortunately there is not a fix that I know of for the EIB problem. The only thing that I know of that would fix the issue is a new patch but since patches are very expensive to create and this being a title that is not in print anymore I do not believe that one will be created. I am sorry about that.

One other thing that I have heard that people of done is to partition their HD for both Win7 and Windows XP. If you wanted to play older titles like EIB you just launch the PC in XP. You can find out how to do this at the Microsoft Help and Support site.

pennygod: Thanks. Guess i will have to play with the key board unless there is another joystick that is compatible.(You did mention the xbox 360 pc controller???). Should I purchase this one or would another joystick be compatible?? Too bad becuase the Logitech works with most other games, but the ones I really like....LOL.

West

Pennygod:
    thanks for your help with EIB also . I contacted starforce and they gave me some possible fixes...tried them all. same result plus when I try restarting Windows 7 after trying the fix, I have to run Windowns restore because the error messes up config and windows cannot restart...again lol.

West

Bye the bye Brothers in Arms (the first one) starts well in Windows 7...can you believe it.

I did write to ubisoft and asked that they work on a patch...after all I paid good money for the program...the least they could do is provide a patch???? Sorry to be such a grouch!!
    I know it costs a lot, but so does their new programs.

May the farce be with you...pennygod.

West or Gunny07

It is a really good idea to write in requesting a patch. The more people that do this the higher the likelihood that they will create a patch.

The 360 controller seems to be the best bet for playing most first person shooters. Microsoft keeps up on the patching and it has an easier plug and play ability because of this. Not to sure how well it will play for Road to Hill 30 or Earned in Blood but it is designed to work with Hell's Highway.

Happy gaming Gunny07

Awesome Spaceballs quote by the way.

Pennygod: Thanks. I will keep the 360 controller in mind. I have contacted Logitech and they are looking into the issue for me. If I get it fixed I will let you know on this thread. Thanks again.

Gunny07

Pennygod: Here is the lastest from Logitech. Dont believe their solution is correct.

I saw on amazon.com a Saitk PS41 joystick for PC or XBox 360. Do you think this will work?
    Again thanks.

Gunny07

Hello Westley,

My name is Morgan, I'm a Tier 2 Agent.

If your game continuously spins when the USB Device is plugged in and works fine when it isn't, I will recommend that you update your motherboard drivers and check all available windows updates.

Motherboard drivers will install USB Drivers and Windows Updates will gather anything else.

Also, can you check to see if the Logitech Joystick works fine in Control Panel \ Devices and Printers \ Game Controllers?

Product: Extreme 3D Pro
    Incident #: 100313-001498

Morgan
    Tier 2 Technical Support
    Logitech Customer Care

Hey Gunny

I think they have it right with updating the motherboard drivers. There could be some issues with the USB drivers interfacing with the controller properly. I would definitely try that.

For the Saitek controller I am not sure if it will work properly with the game. It has never been tested with BIA HH. You could try Googling that controller with the game and see if anyone out there has tried using that controller with the game. I also know that GameStop and EB Games has a week that you can bring a controller back and get a refund if it doesn't work. I would ask them first though if this is still true.

Good Luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast