Many people here are quite liberal with their Avatars and signature lines. We do not mind a bit of customization, it adds to the forum feeling. However, some sigs are getting a bit big to load and slow down an already busy board. So some guidelines are in order.
This forum uses UBB Code. So if you want to add a picture or link another website (obviously a site you've been granted permission to link), you'll have to use those codes. The following Site gives a brief overview of UBB code. Click on this hyperlink!
To avoid long loading times, it would be preferable NOT to use any pictures in your signature lines. If you really can't resist having one, here is a quick Guideline to remember before finding and adding a sig picture:
* You must have authorization to use a picture that is not your own design.
* The maximum size allowed for a signature picture is 500 pixels in width by 150 pixels in height. That is quite large!
* The maximum file size should be no more than 60KB.
If they are not respecting this size, we will have to replace it with this -> **
* Avatars should be no more than 15KB in file size.
* The maximum size allowed for Avatars is 64 pixels in width by 64 pixels in height.
If they are not respecting this size, we will have to replace it with this image below:
* If you visit other forums and their guidelines are smaller, I suggest you go with theirs to avoid problems.
How to add a picture to your signature using "My Profile":
* Go to the "Go" drop box and select "my space - Profile"
* Go down to signature, and place the URL of the pic you want to use here. It must look like this
* To add an Avatar, follow step 1, and go to "Avatar picture URL" and place the URL in this box. There is nothing else you need to do. If the pictures do not show then it means the link to the pic is broken.
* You will be allowed 4
lines of text under your sig.
* If you are unsure how to accomplish the above, or are having problems, please PM one of the mods to get help.
* To Private Message someone, do the following:
1. Go to "My Space", "Private Messaging", and add the people you would like to send a message to.
2. While in "My Space" go to "Private Messages", "New Private Message" and select a personââ¬s name out of your contact page and hit "Add".
3. Make sure you check your Personal Messages regularly to see if the party has responded, or if someone has sent you a PM.
You can also flag it so that you get an e-mail when your PM is read.
Other Details to remember - IMPORTANT ALL READ!!!
* Keep sigs and avatars clean and appropriate. Determination of what is clean and/or appropriate is at the sole discretion of the admins and mods. Violators will not be warned and if not complying, will be stripped of their privileges to post here. If you think your avatar may be inappropriate, it probably is, so don't risk a ban over it. This will be strictly enforced, regardless of who the perpetrator is. Thank you for your cooperation.
* Test your sigs and avatars here ONLY. Do not make a New Sig Test Thread.
* DO NOT MAKE MORE THAN ONE TEST
You don't really need to test anymore. When you make changes to your Sig/Avatar profile, it automatically changes all your posts. Hence, no need for double "testing".
Here is a quick review of where and how to handle your pic.
* Go to photobucket or go to Upload it and register. They offer free hosting of pictures. These are only two of many.
* After you set up an account, you upload the image you wish to appear as your sig. This picture can be from your system, something you created or any thing from the web. Just be sure to get the address correct.
* After doing that go to your "My Space" - your Profile, Signature and put the URL from your picture.
**Special thanks to FCY-JMDK-WLKY for making the picture-examples of how big a signature and avatar in size