Thread: Thats Not Right! | Forums

Seriously... there is one of two things wrong now. Ill explain first, i am currently aiming for a high position on the Most wanted list in the darkroom. The lowest time it has been completed in, whilst getting 100% is 2:40... i have written down a complete guide myself depicting where to go and what to do to save time whilst getting 100%. I didnt save atall through the game to save those extra precious seconds but i have kept constant check on real time which obviously will help me know how i am doing... So, i was making great time, and then paused the game and went for dinner, when i came back around after an hour, i continued my playthrough knowing i was still making great time. I stop to save the game after thinking "oh, what if i run into a glitch" so i did... the time said 3:20! Now, if this game carries on total playtime whilst paused that seriously screwed up. Believe me... i am a die hard fan, i know the position of all pearls animals and locations in this game, i know where to go that will save time for my aim off by heart now, and i should be up to maybe 1:30-50 total playtime in the slaughterhouse quarter. Yet for somereason it says i have been playing it for 3 and a half hours! I suppose im going to have to start again some time but at the moment im really disapointed :C...
    p.s. Where those times currently at the top now done on an older console, maybe with an action replay disk? If the game used to allow you to save whilst using cheats that not right :S
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

there's been some ridiculous times on there for a long time. i'm fairly certain they're cheats. i can't remember off hand, but i think the quickest time i did was somewhere between 6 and 8 hours for a play through, not necessarily grabbing everything... just speeding where i could. i'm not saying i'm super good at the game or anything, but i find it hard to believe you can get a time less than like 3 or 4 hours... and even that might be stretching it.

JohnKarp.com | deviantART | Model Mayhem
    "It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."
    - Haruhara Haruko

Dude, it's totally possible! BG&E was quite a short experience as well. MGS4 Awards special emblems for completing the game under certain difficulties, time and collected items. Check this guys speed run out, completed MGS4 in 1:34:13:

http://www.youtube.com/user/CO...JP#p/u/2/0eiyY6cFpUo

Don't get me wrong there will be some cheats as well, but some of these guys know tricks that are a testament to efficient gameplay.
    Currently waiting on:

Beyond Good & Evil 2(?), Portal 3(?), Deus Ex: Universe, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Mirror's Edge, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow 6: Patriots, Cyberpunk 2077.

uh... no, with all the stuff you have to do in bg&e, it's pretty much impossible to do in under 2 hours for anyone playing the game without cheats. part of the reason is finding all of the pearls and taking photos of the animals... i don't care if it's a speed run or not. and why are you comparing it to mgs4 anyway?

- Haruhara Haruko

uh... yes, your accusing everyone who has got a time under 3 hours to be cheat, on BG&E? Just look at how many people have done it near that time, can you honestly say everyones cheating, on the most wanted list? The slowest time I've seen on there is around the 4.5 hour mark. The only reason am comparing it to MGS4 is due to the games fairly long length and how quick it can be completed in without cheating, ok in fairness it might be a bad example to compare it to, because theres not much to collect in the game. MGS3, another lengthy experience (12 hour average) people have done it in 1:44 by collecting all 64 kerotins(equilvlant to BG&E pearls) and some of them aren't handed to you on a plate, it requires skill and searching. It was way longer game than BG&E! BG&E, If I remember rightly in 3 instances - Crochaxes layer, and twice in the Iris network, Jade's collected numerous pearls, and naturally everytime she finished her camera roll she got a pearl,= a lot of saved time. Are you forgetting about technique as well?
    Currently waiting on:

Beyond Good & Evil 2(?), Portal 3(?), Deus Ex: Universe, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Mirror's Edge, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow 6: Patriots, Cyberpunk 2077.

I was wondering if the game counted "Paused" time on the save game time. It seemed likely based on my completion times.

Beyond Good & Evil Darkroom FAQ by <Thunak>, posted Fri November 14 2003 09:48

"What is the maximum possible score in the Darkroom? 8.000.000 points"

sysmangler posted in that thread "If Thunak correctly indicates the maximum possible score as 8,000,000, then the Magician is truly that, with an impossible score of 9,111,323. ...Perhaps it is more likely the result of another hacking mission.

A little math suggests to me that a completion time of 2'37"54 results in the maximum possible score of 8,000,000. This should indicate that the game cannot be "completed" in less time.
    "

Dying is supposed to hurt the score. So be careful of that. Dying = Game Over = Continue

Some thoughts on speed.

- Some of the time it's easier to run past guards than stealth or fight.
    - Getting PA1s doesn't help score directly, but can be a great help in avoiding Game Overs. It's a tradeoff.

Remember that completion only means completing the missions on Hillys. No need to do the moon, so the maybe stellar motor is unnecessary.

If number of saves doesn't count, then the thing to do would be to do the Lighthouse first without pausing. Get all the photos, etc. See what the total time for that looks like.

Originally posted by Soulid_Snake:
    uh... yes, your accusing everyone who has got a time under 3 hours to be cheat, on BG&E? Just look at how many people have done it near that time, can you honestly say everyones cheating, on the most wanted list? The slowest time I've seen on there is around the 4.5 hour mark. The only reason am comparing it to MGS4 is due to the games fairly long length and how quick it can be completed in without cheating, ok in fairness it might be a bad example to compare it to, because theres not much to collect in the game. MGS3, another lengthy experience (12 hour average) people have done it in 1:44 by collecting all 64 kerotins(equilvlant to BG&E pearls) and some of them aren't handed to you on a plate, it requires skill and searching. It was way longer game than BG&E! BG&E, If I remember rightly in 3 instances - Crochaxes layer, and twice in the Iris network, Jade's collected numerous pearls, and naturally everytime she finished her camera roll she got a pearl,= a lot of saved time. Are you forgetting about technique as well?
    perhaps it's possible if you cut those corners... i don't know... but if you look at the darkroom list, all of the top scores with those ridiculous times ALSO have a perfect completion score... meaning they collected EVERYTHING. by your reasoning, you can cut corners if you don't collect everything. if someone pulls off the quick completion mark, i find it hard to believe they've collected everything to make it to the top of the list. in short, i truly believe that quite a few, if not all of the top scores are cheats, thus making it as the opening poster said, "unfair." sadly, i'm not 100% sure i could prove that and i don't know if ubi can either. honestly, it would be nice if they wiped it clean and started fresh.

- Haruhara Haruko

Dom, I get what your saying, but look at this video and purely the techniques used.

http://www.archive.org/details...GoodAndEvil_SS_24109
    Currently waiting on:

Originally posted by Soulid_Snake:
    Dude, it's totally possible! BG&E was quite a short experience as well. MGS4 Awards special emblems for completing the game under certain difficulties, time and collected items. Check this guys speed run out, completed MGS4 in 1:34:13:

http://www.youtube.com/user/CO...JP#p/u/2/0eiyY6cFpUo

Don't get me wrong there will be some cheats as well, but some of these guys know tricks that are a testament to efficient gameplay.
    Thank you so much for your post.