Thread: Just finished, a review | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Hello, a few points. I just finished the game and found for the most part it was enjoyable, and sometime funny. A few issues though:

1) the continuous spawning thing, this really made the game drag on the farther you got. A better way of doing this would be to have the spawns be triggered by time and not whether or not you left the map. This would cut down on the back to back fights.

2) The lack of climbing really sucked, many times the best way of getting around was the road, after wasting lots of time just to find that you can;t climb to higher ground. Once I climbed this rock, gained distance by climbing a sheer side only to be stopped near the top by a invisible wall that stopped you from walking up a slight grassy incline. This cut down on the creativity of the player and made for a boring approach.

3) I did get shot by a guy that all I could see of him was his head and gun sticking out of a rock, yes a rock. Did a head shot to kill him. Another bug was that I had to kill a truck 3 or 4 times till the mission over trigger happened. This was during one of the missions you get from the cell tower.

4) You can purchase "fixing boats, trucks, ect" at the weapon shop, how about a skill of fixing weapons. I found that the weapons are rather cheap in quality that you buy from the weapon dealer, I am glad that real life reliability is higher than it is in FC2.

5) More destructive effects would be nice, after all if I hit a mud hut with a rocket launcher it will make a hole and do damage. I launched grenades and so forth at some of the buildings with no noticeable damage.

6) All in all, a nice game that kept me hook for along time, some improvements as noted above would make this a much better game.

Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hello, a few points. I just finished the game and found for the most part it was enjoyable, and sometime funny. A few issues though:

1) the continuous spawning thing, this really made the game drag on the farther you got. A better way of doing this would be to have the spawns be triggered by time and not whether or not you left the map. This would cut down on the back to back fights.

2) The lack of climbing really sucked, many times the best way of getting around was the road, after wasting lots of time just to find that you can;t climb to higher ground. Once I climbed this rock, gained distance by climbing a sheer side only to be stopped near the top by a invisible wall that stopped you from walking up a slight grassy incline. This cut down on the creativity of the player and made for a boring approach.

3) I did get shot by a guy that all I could see of him was his head and gun sticking out of a rock, yes a rock. Did a head shot to kill him. Another bug was that I had to kill a truck 3 or 4 times till the mission over trigger happened. This was during one of the missions you get from the cell tower.

4) You can purchase "fixing boats, trucks, ect" at the weapon shop, how about a skill of fixing weapons. I found that the weapons are rather cheap in quality that you buy from the weapon dealer, I am glad that real life reliability is higher than it is in FC2.

5) More destructive effects would be nice, after all if I hit a mud hut with a rocket launcher it will make a hole and do damage. I launched grenades and so forth at some of the buildings with no noticeable damage.

6) All in all, a nice game that kept me hook for along time, some improvements as noted above would make this a much better game.

Thanks.

ok you pointed out poor design choices, now what did you find ammusing, as well as what aspects were fun?
    My Specs:
    Win 7 ultimute 64 bit
    Core2Quad Q9650
    Asus P5N72-T Premium
    2 EVGA 9800GTX+ in SLI
    8 gig OCZ Platinum (PC2 6400)
    Supreme FX2 sound card
    Asus VW222U 22" LCD

One of the more humorous times was at the pipe area on the backside up high the jeeps have an annoying habit of trying to run you over, well this time I was standing next to a cliff and simply stepped aside and over they went, went and looked over the side and there was 2 guys that looked up and said "oh sh**. This was my first FPS game so don't have lots of experience in good games/bad games.

The satisfaction part came twice, when I got better spotting the snipers and when I finally found and capped that ******** shooting mortars at me from that small island. It seemed that he knew where I was all the time when I was in range, regardless of sight. The weapon I liked the most was the AS-50, that was awesome, the weapon that was the most difficult was the PHM, that thing walked alot and difficult to aim, guess thats about right considering its almost like carrying a 50 cal on your hip.

I did manage to shoot down one of the rockets that they launched, the shooter was in my sights (AS50) and the rocket detonated half way.

Romulas