Thread: NEW TO SH3? Patch guide | Forums

PATCHES FOR SILENT HUNTER III

The latest (and final) patch is 1.4b, which you can download here.

NOTICE - some recent re-presses of the Silent Hunter III disc are already patched to the latest version - 1.4b.
    So if you've bought the game recently, you may not need the patch.

How to check which patch you have installed (if any)

Load the game and check the version number displayed in the lower-right corner of the main menu screen.

OR

Locate your Silent Hunter folder:

'C' drive > Program Files > Ubisoft > SilentHunterIII

In that folder, locate 'SH3.exe', right click on it, select 'Properties', then switch to the 'Version' tab. If it's patched to 1.4b you should see this:

("1.4.0.1" means it's patched to version 1.4b)

If it's not version 1.4b, download and install the correct patch (see below).

About the Patch
    If you do need to patch your game, the latest (and final) patch is 1.4b, which you can download here.

Patch 1.4b can be installed directly over the stock game - you do NOT need any previous patches to install 1.4b patch! You must install the patch before you install any mods.

NOTE - there is a small error in the 1.4b patch - the installer windows says the patch is version 1.3. This is just a typing error from when the devs made the patch - it really is version 1.4b! You can check this on SH3's main menu screen after applying the patch - it should say 1.4b in the lower-right corner of the screen.

You MUST download the right patch for your game for it to work correctly:
    EMEA DVD: This patch is for the retail boxed version bought in Europe, Middle East or Asia.
    EMEA Download: This patch is for the downloaded version for European, Middle Eastern or Asian users.
    US DVD: This patch is for the retail boxed version bought in the US or Canada.
    US Download: This patch is for the downloaded version for American or Canadian users.[/list]Australia and New Zealand - use the EMEA version

NOTE - even if you bought the game in the USA, there is a chance that you may have the EMEA version - or vice versa. If you have the retail version of the game (i.e. on disc, not downloaded) you can check which version you have:
    1. Ensure you have the SH3 disc in your PC's DVD drive
      Open 'My Computer'
      Right-click on the Silent Hunter III disc and select 'Open' or 'Explore'
      This will show you all the files on folders on the game disc. Look for the 'readme' text file. On the EMEA version, the full filename is 'readme EMEA EN.txt' (I haven't seen the US version, but I assume this file will be called 'readme US.txt' - please let me know if this is not the case)
    Last edited by Black_Widow9; 02-15-2012 at 10:12 AM.