Thread: D-Day mission | Forums

I've been really frustrated with this mission, I'm at the part where you have to hold out from the Germans.

The biggest problem I have is that the defense emplacements (machine gun nests, anti-tank emplacements)cost sooooo much money and get killed soooo easily, and there are so many fronts you have to defend (not to mention the lack of a compass, yet they still say "attack coming in from the North") you can't concentrate on all of them, and you have too, usually the defense on the left facing the town the useless ally is attacking gets overrun to which I can't allocate anymore forces to attack, and I don't have any money because they're attacking the trucks carrying my minerals, not to mention wasting my money on building those defenses, don't have much money leftover to build anti-tank and barracks, so I'm always like "****".

Any suggestions?
    This is everyone in the PC forum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpMvS1Q1sos
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by texsal:
    What difficulty are you playing on? Is this the one where you use the 8 AT guns?
    I'm playing normal, and I don't think so, its the mission which is D-Day, you know Normandy, you have to secure a perimeter in which you relieve two french battalions.
    This is everyone in the PC forum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpMvS1Q1sos

yea man i thought this was hard lol, i finished the level with no troops left and only my headquarters with id say bout 20 odd germans surrounding me with inf just about to capture it , if the mission lasted 2-3 secs more i would have lost

Hey Warforger, in the D-Day mission you're relieving two US Airborne units . In that final rush, when you're holding off the Germans, it's deffo tough. Plonk infantry and AT in the swamps and woods (there's woods above you and to the right, and swamp to the immediate left and right of your HQ, and the enemy at least didn't use recon on me to spot 'em), make sure you have a recon to give your AT as good a range as possible (and so you can see what's coming) and hang on as best you can. Also, have a few tanks to 'mop up' folk that get past, and some infantry (I had three or so on either side) in the swamps right close to the HQ.

Good luck

@texsal - that's the Bastogne mission - from the real-life Battle of the Bulge - it's great fun to play in RUSE, very well done .