Thread: You guys know about the Gun bug...right? | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    Just in case you didn't, I have a bug that prevents the use of cannons in A2A combat. From what I have seen, all of this pertains to MULTIPLAYER ONLY. FYI I have a 10mb/sec connection, if that makes a diffence.

if the cannon is aimed in a way that will result in rounds hitting an aircraft, the gun will not fire.

I can fire like a maniac in the f-15 into the air, but as soon as an aircraft appears in the piper, the gun stops firing, kinda like the interupters in the old German WWI planes, except not as usful in combat, and much, much more frustrating.

There is one instance I rember straffing an aircraft on my coalition and causeing an engine fire, and I have also downed a few other planes with guns, but I have to almost trick the gun into firing by aiming away from the plane, holding down the trigger, and then pulling up quickly, if I'm lucky a round or two might hit, but that's it. I have not been able to even get a round off against anyone in the last 2 days, the gun simply does not work when you need it to.

I did read a post about this from someone else on the General forum, so I am not the only experienceing problems.
    This is a serious bug and I have been in many tight spots because of my inability.

Please respond anyone if you have knowledge of this bug or its correction in the patch.

-Brass

Message Edited on 12/10/0307:33AM by BassBullet
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    Just in case you didn't, I have a bug that prevents the use of cannons in A2A combat. From what I have seen, all of this pertains to MULTIPLAYER ONLY. FYI I have a 10mb/sec connection, if that makes a diffence.

if the cannon is aimed in a way that will result in rounds hitting an aircraft, the gun will not fire.

I can fire like a maniac in the f-15 into the air, but as soon as an aircraft appears in the piper, the gun stops firing, kinda like the interupters in the old German WWI planes, except not as usful in combat, and much, much more frustrating.

There is one instance I rember straffing an aircraft on my coalition and causeing an engine fire, and I have also downed a few other planes with guns, but I have to almost trick the gun into firing by aiming away from the plane, holding down the trigger, and then pulling up quickly, if I'm lucky a round or two might hit, but that's it. I have not been able to even get a round off against anyone in the last 2 days, the gun simply does not work when you need it to.

I did read a post about this from someone else on the General forum, so I am not the only experienceing problems.
    This is a serious bug and I have been in many tight spots because of my inability.

Please respond anyone if you have knowledge of this bug or its correction in the patch.

-Brass

Message Edited on 12/10/0307:33AM by BassBullet

XyZspineZyX
    Kinda sounds morre like a CHEAT than a bug to me!

XyZspineZyX
    I have the same problem in campaign also

Ditto, happened with me tonight in the Su27 in single player. On somebody's 6 and nothing comes out,felt like rearending him just to get a kill

â«â§wì\/éâ"*â»

«99th_Swivet»