Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blood in Splinter Cell . . . | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

I've played all of the Splinter Cells, I still do, a lot (even the xbox version of Double Agent), my favorite is still Chaos Theory. Double Agent on 360 is excellent. It had some bugs (many on the Rublev tanker level) but it was also very cinematic and the graphics, especially on Sam and the Shanghai skyline were amazing. However one addition that the series never adopted was the use of realistic blood physics. Think about it. Adding realistic blood, pooling, splattering against walls would add a whole new dimension to the game. And I know that Sam isn't much of a killer, and maybe the development team doesn't want to push the M rating too much, but the guys at Ubisoft have alway aloud for players to execute the fifth freedom, and with blood, spurting from a guard's necks when Sam swipes their jugular with his knife (not excessively, but real), squirting with each beat of the poor fellows shocked heart as he crumbles to the ground; in a way it actually encourages the player not to kill. When you kill, you're leaving behind evidence. Blood keeps coming from a gunshot wound to the head, heart, or anywhere for that matter, and when you move the body off into the dark you're going to leave a trail. So instead you knock out all the guards as best as you can. Scenario: Two guards patrolling, a light flickers and goes out above the one across the way and the other one notices. The light comes back on, but his friend is missing. No blood. The remaining guy investigates cautiously as he has no idea what's going on. But if Sam had come in and capped the first guard in the skull, even if he had hauled off the body into the darkness, brains and a large mess of icky red would have been left in the wake as the light clicked back on (assuming of course he used his OCP and didn't shoot out the light). The remaining guard would not only be scared reckless, he would be calling it into command, "Blood everywhere. Need backup." And wouldn't it be cool if in another scenario a guard just patrolling comes through a dark area not finding a body, but as he turns around in his patrol, he notices he was trailing blood prints, and he of course would go back for a closer look. I know the new installment is going to be wholly different, no one seems to know if its actually still going to be like what they originally planned or if they're changing it up, but even still they could keep elements of the first games. Night time missions in Washinton D.C. perhaps? A welcome relieve from the hectic day time missions when you're simply trying to hide your face and get from point A to point B kicking butt like any Krav Maga super secret ninja master would. But then, Night fall. Sam's got himself some crappy night-vision goggles off the black market. Knife. And always, there is the choice. Kill, or only render unconscious. Or if its a matter of life or death . . . The player's choices should really effect the course of Conviction's gameplay. How many people has this fugitive brutally murdered. Can Sam clear his name and save his old friends in the NSA? We'll see.
    Anyone else's thoughts?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

*Dies* That's one heck of a wall of text.

I agree that realistic blood would be a good addition in terms of using it as part of game play (i.e. blowing cover if blood is found). I've always thought this.

BTW Here's the same thing the OP said only with more paragraphs

Originally posted by baxter_plaid:
    I've played all of the Splinter Cells, I still do, a lot (even the xbox version of Double Agent), my favorite is still Chaos Theory. Double Agent on 360 is excellent. It had some bugs (many on the Rublev tanker level) but it was also very cinematic and the graphics, especially on Sam and the Shanghai skyline were amazing. However one addition that the series never adopted was the use of realistic blood physics.

Think about it. Adding realistic blood, pooling, splattering against walls would add a whole new dimension to the game. And I know that Sam isn't much of a killer, and maybe the development team doesn't want to push the M rating too much, but the guys at Ubisoft have alway aloud for players to execute the fifth freedom, and with blood, spurting from a guard's necks when Sam swipes their jugular with his knife (not excessively, but real), squirting with each beat of the poor fellows shocked heart as he crumbles to the ground; in a way it actually encourages the player not to kill. When you kill, you're leaving behind evidence. Blood keeps coming from a gunshot wound to the head, heart, or anywhere for that matter, and when you move the body off into the dark you're going to leave a trail. So instead you knock out all the guards as best as you can.

Scenario: Two guards patrolling, a light flickers and goes out above the one across the way and the other one notices. The light comes back on, but his friend is missing. No blood. The remaining guy investigates cautiously as he has no idea what's going on. But if Sam had come in and capped the first guard in the skull, even if he had hauled off the body into the darkness, brains and a large mess of icky red would have been left in the wake as the light clicked back on (assuming of course he used his OCP and didn't shoot out the light). The remaining guard would not only be scared reckless, he would be calling it into command, "Blood everywhere. Need backup." And wouldn't it be cool if in another scenario a guard just patrolling comes through a dark area not finding a body, but as he turns around in his patrol, he notices he was trailing blood prints, and he of course would go back for a closer look. I know the new installment is going to be wholly different, no one seems to know if its actually still going to be like what they originally planned or if they're changing it up, but even still they could keep elements of the first games.

Night time missions in Washinton D.C. perhaps? A welcome relieve from the hectic day time missions when you're simply trying to hide your face and get from point A to point B kicking butt like any Krav Maga super secret ninja master would. But then, Night fall. Sam's got himself some crappy night-vision goggles off the black market. Knife. And always, there is the choice. Kill, or only render unconscious. Or if its a matter of life or death . . . The player's choices should really effect the course of Conviction's gameplay. How many people has this fugitive brutally murdered. Can Sam clear his name and save his old friends in the NSA? We'll see.

Anyone else's thoughts?
    --
    Proud Ironside n00b
    Eine triefende stulle ist keine glückliche stulle.

I say leave it out, that's more reason to not kill someone. What was the point of the knife anyway? Your rating will go down, a guard will here you killing someone if they're close enough, and if this feature is implemented they'll leave behind a huge mess of blood.
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Thats an awesome idea and it makes the game way more realistic.

All the factors that make us human... can kill us.

Well, I try to ghost, so lack of blood is not a big deal to me.

However, blood recognition has been done in Thief, and if you want splatter, try Manhunt.

"Tonight's forecast...dark."

Forum Rules · Ubi Support

I don't really like the idea.

It just means that you'd have to work all the harder if you're killing people. You wouldn't just be able to kill someone and move them to a hidden spot, you'd have to lead them there and then kill them on the spot.

And I don't think a blood effect is so cool that it's worth making the game play annoying like that.

Originally posted by LaurenIsSoMosh:
    You wouldn't just be able to kill someone and move them to a hidden spot, you'd have to lead them there and then kill them on the spot.
    He could have water bullets to clean up the blood.

"Tonight's forecast...dark."

Forum Rules · Ubi Support

Originally posted by LaurenIsSoMosh:
    I don't really like the idea.

It just means that you'd have to work all the harder if you're killing people. You wouldn't just be able to kill someone and move them to a hidden spot, you'd have to lead them there and then kill them on the spot.

And I don't think a blood effect is so cool that it's worth making the game play annoying like that.
    Well isn't the premise of Splinter Cell, stealth? I think it would make sense to make killing more of a hassle.
    --
    Proud Ironside n00b
    Eine triefende stulle ist keine glückliche stulle.

You know it wouldn't necessarily make it that much harder. Sam for one thing usually breaks the guards lower back and that doesn't leave behind much blood. The blood would only be there if you had to hastily use the knife of if you had to pop a guard in the brain with a 5.7 mm. And think about how it would look when there's nothing in the shadows but when you flick on the night vision you see a pile of bodies and a giant black blood stain shooting up the wall. "Ever seen what a five point seven millimeter bullet does to a human brain?" And again you have a choice: Either kill off the enemy and assure no witnesses, or stay hidden being as a shadow, only knocking out one or two guards and keeping things quiet. Splinter Cell is about choice. And come on . . . shotgun blast to the chest anyone. Rag doll is awesome, but a giant blood stain behind the guy would make it more shocking, and Splinter Cell is already intense in shoot outs, so being able to see more aftermath would be awesome.

Blood would be a realistic addition to the series. It shouldn't be too much. If there was blood it would have to play a part with the stealth like, for example, there's a guard in front of Sam. [Should I shoot him or should I break his neck? Which one would produce the least amount of suspicion amongst the guards?] It would make the player emphasize his/her options which would make the game more tactical. Things like Blood Stains or smudges would alert the guards. If the player is shot and needs to hide somewhere and recuperate, the bloodtrail could lead the guards to you. The Concept needs more so feel free to elaborate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast