Just wanted to see if our feature wantings was more help then helpless Thoughts ?
1) More realistic AI messages from HQ (Submarine support heading to your area, stay put until Sub escort comes, Reply to confirm)
2) Able to type in Captains Log Book and view it later (even after sinking in libarary?). To see how well you done when and what you wanted to remind yourself of to do better or to avoid.
3) Being able to rig for red at any given time so none of your crew hints to the enemy your there and acts accordingly to the situation.
4) For instant death for hitting the bottom of the sea you should have at least 5 min to repair the damage (if not hopeless damage) and then escape as if nothing happened.
5) Characters would actaully walk around the submarine doing realistic stuff as repairing damaged equipement. Seeing the resting crew play games and ect. Also you should be able to roam the submarine freely with no restrictions since after all its your submarine, its your brand you car for example. You want to know more about it.
6) Contacting other Submarines to come help you instead of ghost Submarines (I had one experience where I reported a ship (To HQ) and then 5 min later I found it sunk with a black sunken icon so I assumed a sub killed it). The submarines in a grid or 2 away would contact other subs(including you) for help.
7) Ability to Rescue Survivers and use them as a meat shield so they wont fire on you How will this work tho? They enter your submarine or be towed in the back? Ah I know force them to keep the submarine running and bring them back to port with a ramp going to the submarine and survivers walk off. Maybe a friendly ship picks up the survivers at sea? All of the above?
8) "Milk Cows" submarines or friendly boats since you can spend more time out in sea instead of going back and forth which would waste time Have a "scenerio" where you have to resupply other submarines.
9) Weather Effects such as Ice and Snow. Ships being blocked by ice will be easy prey for you and you could kill them off like that. Snow building up on deck and on scenery will also enhance the feeling and give the game more value. Your crew wearing clothing for the apporpriate climate for snow and ect would be nice. Since U-Boats got those razors infront of the boat it should be no problem for the ice lol.
If you think the above is pointless then do you think my videos are good ?
Video 1: http://files.filefront.com/SH3_Movie.../fileinfo.html
Video 2: http://files.filefront.com/Silent_Hunter_3_Vid_2_Pat_2w...3403;;/fileinfo.html
edit: One more thing, Whats this Destroyer Command I heard about? Sorry haven't played Silent Hunter since summer because it wouldn't run properly on my computer since October and played other games.