Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CH Products Fighterstick/Combatstick | Forums

Does anyone here have either of these sticks?

I'm completely happy with my pro pedals but i have a question i would like to have answered before i spend the money on a stick and throttle..

the reviews i've read say there are rotaries for pitch and yaw trim. however, they look like the trim wheels from an old stick i had with an AppleIIGS, where the wheels trimmed the joystick center. they were not for in game function. Is this how the trim wheels work on th CH sticks, or can i map them for elevator and rudder trim in PF?
    SUPER!!!! Thanks for asking!!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

No, they're not mappable through the sim, they are manual adjusters of the pitch & roll axes like you said.
    That said, they are usable in the game. They give a coarse adjustment rather than a fine one, but they centre accurately which is the important thing. I often use the aileron 'wheel' in the event of large but flyable damage to a wing.

All I have is a fighterstick USB, nobody can touch me in the plane. its a lot about experience too.
    VFA-25 C/O

I use the CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Rudders, and the Throttle quadrant in both PF and the FB merged setup and they are all fully programable. You can either assign the buttons in game or by using the FREE CHmanager stick profiler. I cant remember exactly but I think the IL2 series will only see 3 axes X,Y,Z. But the CH profiler can combine any manner of units totaling up to 32 axes and trick the game into thinking it fits into the XYZ thing. I'm at work so I'll review it when I get home.

Fighterstick, Pro throttle, pro pedals !
    great if you create good profile.
    check this out http://www.ch-hangar.com

greetings,

Peacemaker.

p.s.
    if you want profile for PF just give me a shout
    |AMD Athlon X2 4400+@2.70GHz|Gigabyte 7900 GTX 512MB|
    |DFI nF4 SLI-DR eXpert|Corsair 2GB 4400 Pro@540 1T|
    |X-Fi Fatal1ty 64MB|Sennheiser HD 555|
    |500 GB Hitachi T7K250 Raid0|
    |Samsung 214T Silver|
    |CH HOTAS||TrackIr4Pro VE|

The adjustement wheels are not mappable... they physically trim the stick itself, and are not particularly fine.

The CH Flightstick Pro as opposed to the Combatstick does have a third axis on it in the form of the "throttle" wheel. It's fully mappable with the CH control software either to a series of key presses or as a joystick axis or slider. I use it for elevator trim in PF and it performs admirably.

I personally perfer the ergonomics on the Flightstick Pro to that of any other Joystick ever made. It's extremely comfortable even after literally hours of play. It has fewer buttons / hat switches than the CombatStick though so ymmv.

---- possibly interesting digression ----

The adjustment wheels actually turn the potentiometer inside the base of the stick so that the movements of the stick pass different values... ie if the pot is normally returning a value of 50 when centered, and you move the wheel halfway left, it then returns a value of 25 to the PC... so the sim thinks you're halfway on the stick when you're not actually touching it. Of course that means that even if you push full right stick, its only returning 75 instead of 100 (actual values are 0-256) (I've replaced the pots twice in my old non-USB flightstick pro... it still works perfectly though I've bought all new USB stuff since Microsoft broke the keyboard port programming ability in Windows 2k and XP)

-- edit -- Just incase you're still debating buying a CH stick... that old Flightstick Pro is almost 15 years old. I've literally had it since Jr. High. The only thing that wears out on those sticks is the pots and CH was happy to send me replacements for less than ten bucks including shipping both times I needed them. You do have to solder them in, but it's an extremely easy repair. I spent about $400 replacing the stick, throttle, and pedals last year because I got tired of having to boot into Windows '98 to re-progam them. This was a Microsoft issue however not something CH had any control over. I fully expect to be using the new set until USB goes the way of the gameport. (which is still on most motherboards)

Originally posted by lairdperkins:
    I spent about $400 replacing the stick, throttle, and pedals last year because I got tired of having to boot into Windows '98 to re-progam them. This was a Microsoft issue however not something CH had any control over. I fully expect to be using the new set until USB goes the way of the gameport. (which is still on most motherboards)
    This is the same reason I upgraded my old Thrustmaster FCS Pro and WCS to my (terrific) new CH gear - I had to boot into DOS to reprogram the TM gear because it did the reprogramming by writing back through the keyboard port, which Windows XP will not allow.

I have the Combatstick, Pro Throttle, and Pro Pedals, and I am quite happy with them. Excellant quality and reliability. No problems in 3 years of hard regular use with 6 different computers...

The Combatstick has the same throttle wheel axis the Fighterstick has on the left side of the base, along with the 'adjustment wheels' on the back and right sides of the base. The difference between the Combatstick and Fighterstick is in the number of buttons-the Combatstick has 10 buttons + the 8-way POV hatswitch.

The Fighterstick has something like 16 buttons + the 8-way POV hatswitch.

cheers

horseback
    "Here's your new Mustangs, boys. You can learn to fly'em on the way to the target. Cheers!" -LTCOL Don Blakeslee, 4th FG CO, February 27th, 1944

I cant remember exactly but I think the IL2 series will only see 3 axes X,Y,Z.
    DRB_Hookech0

IL2Series see 10 axes:

For today WWII sim standarts, CH PRO Throtle lack rotaries, but CH Mananger is a powerful tool, is possible maped trims in HAT.

A "moded" one, whit rotaries, found in LOMAC russian forum, aditional button/axis "donated" by Saitek X-45:

SP!

Sokol1

I use the throttle from X45 with my CH Fighterstick and Pro pedals. Is a great combination.
    But what Sokol has, now that is cool.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast