Thread: Interesting read recommendation | Forums

Been away from the forum for a while, mainly studying. However, I thought I'd put up a recommendation for a book I've come across. It's called "The Hunter Hunted" by Robert C Stern. It's all about encounters between submarines, from WW1 to the present day. I've just been reading about the loss of the USS Corvina, having the unfortunate distinction of being the only US boat lost to another sub during WW2. There are some fascinating encounters listed, some horrible blunders and freak luck displayed too. Thoroughly recommended. I'm looking forward to the modern-day encounters when I finally get there.

16 war patrols
    10 battle stars
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Been away from the forum for a while, mainly studying. However, I thought I'd put up a recommendation for a book I've come across. It's called "The Hunter Hunted" by Robert C Stern. It's all about encounters between submarines, from WW1 to the present day. I've just been reading about the loss of the USS Corvina, having the unfortunate distinction of being the only US boat lost to another sub during WW2. There are some fascinating encounters listed, some horrible blunders and freak luck displayed too. Thoroughly recommended. I'm looking forward to the modern-day encounters when I finally get there.

16 war patrols
    10 battle stars

Great read..When I started playing this game, I went in the attic and got all my sub books out and reading them all again...Just finished "Silent Running" and started "Take her deep".
    Amazing what those men went through.