Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Resolution issue - Forgotten Sands | Forums

Simply put, no matter what resolution I select with the Settings.exe, the game does not change.

Here is the Steam thread:
    Steam Thread for same problem
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I presume this is for the PC Version ? If YES, then have you tried EDITING one of the Game's Config file, and manually entering the Resolution values there ??

I don't have this title, so you need to look for any .ini/Cfg settings file, and Enter your Desktop's Current RESOLUTION, as well as the Refresh rate (Hz). After doing this, try marking this file as 'Read-Only'. This should prevent it from reverting back, assuming this is the correct Method for this problem. The Game should store ALL the Video/Audio settings in some Config file.

Look under the folder/path where the Game has been installed, or any Saved profile folder. Sometimes these folders may be 'Hidden'. Btw, what are your full System Specs ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just bought and downloaded this through Steam, and it has the same resolution issue. Nvidia 8800gt, but it's not a video card issue, because both ATI and Nvidia users experience the same problem (as evidenced by the Steam thread).

I would edit the config file, but you can't do that in the steam download folder. The game is just about unplayable, as it is stuck in something like 800x600, and being scaled to a 1920x1080 widescreen resolution.

Ya, I tried all the legacy stuff too that you suggest and unfortunately, there isn't an ini like previously.

The game is PC version and buoght through Steam.

This game has a seperate program (GameSettings.exe) for adjusting the graphics and it reads correctly. Problem is, I think, that its not talking to the game files correctly or at all.

Maybe the reason there is no ini file is that its not writting one....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm..... That's strange.

So is the 'GameSettings.exe' file, the Main Launcher for this title ?? What happens if you mark this file as 'Read-Only', after making the changes ?? But first check the Attributes of this file.

BTW, do you have the Option to select/choose your Desktop's current Resolution Mode ?? Have you also tried Verifying the Steam Game Cache Files (GCF) ??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing happens if you set it to read only after making changes. It's not the main launcher for the game, the main launcher is part of the DRM. Gamesettings.exe just modifies the resolution, anti-aliasing, and vsync.

Originally posted by KingDaniel0:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm..... That's strange.

So is the 'GameSettings.exe' file, the Main Launcher for this title ?? What happens if you mark this file as 'Read-Only', after making the changes ?? But first check the Attributes of this file.

BTW, do you have the Option to select/choose your Desktop's current Resolution Mode ?? Have you also tried Verifying the Steam Game Cache Files (GCF) ??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No, when you start the Prince of Persia.exe file you get the standard Uplay window. You have the typical "Log Out" and "Play Now!" buttons but there is also a "Game Settings" button. The "Game Settings" button starts the GameSettings.exe file/program. It's a totally separate window.

Read only, Run as Admin, Compatible with .... mode,Verify cache. lol, heck I even defragged the game for giggles.....no luck as of yet.

The game files themselves are .forge files like AC2.

ok withe me it's i load up the game hit the play now button after setting graphics settings and the game just loads up and hangs at a black screen with the hourglass cursor. I've clicked on Hardware and my computer meets the minimum system requirements so i don't know what is going on. I end up having to start up task manager and it shows forgotten sands as not responding. Any help with getting this game to actually load or get to a start new game ect screen would be appreciated.

Just adding that I am experiencing the same issue. Regardless of selected resolution, the game seems to forcibly run in the lowest resolution possible. I have tried changing the settings back and forth, rebooting, getting all Windows updates. Nothing works. All drivers are up-to-date. Purchased through Steam. Running Windows 7 64bit, nvidia 280GTX, 4GB RAM.

The settings seem to be stored through the registry, but the resolution at least is stored correctly so no point messing around with it. The game seems to always start at the lowest settings no matter what resolution.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast