Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: How to get IL2: 1946 v4.11 or older running in widescreen | Forums

Check your security center in Control Panel and disable UAC. This security feature will restrict you from saving your file. This is a feature that prevents malicious software from editing files on your computer.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

in flyight FULLscreen, but menu will be with bars

You may still have black bars in the menu's but should be full screen once you fly.

this works!!! when you start, yours start menu will be with with the black bars. but when you fly....WILL be a FULLSCREEEN

thx for this
    Thread

. helpfull

What I didn't see mentioned in this thread so far is another reason that edits to conf.ini may seem to have no effect...
    On a Windows 7 machine (and presumably Vista too) if you have multiple user accounts, then the conf.ini that is in effect may not be the one in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\

e.g. logged in as a limited user account I find that the conf.ini that is being used is:
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progr am Files (x86)\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\

This also explains the (much) earlier report that starting IL-2 with "Run as Administrator" did pick up the edited conf.ini... in that case the user profile changes to that of the Administrator and so the file in the main Program Files... path is used.

I also saw some references to copying the entire installation folder to another place. I don't think this should ever be necessary - seems rather excessive!

Here's a video i found that will help almost every Windows 7/Vista Users to get Widescreen Im sure it will work :

I followed your instructions to play IL 2 across my three displays set up with Eyefinity. The sim works great but the mission brief and menus are stretched across three screens as well. Not sure what I did wrong.
    Do you have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM_531 View Post
    I followed your instructions to play IL 2 across my three displays set up with Eyefinity. The sim works great but the mission brief and menus are stretched across three screens as well. Not sure what I did wrong.
    Do you have any suggestions?
    Unless you have some special reason to keep IL2 at an earlier version (online server compatibility would be one reason), the latest version now supports widescreen natively. You could try updating, patch order and download links to v4.12.1 are available at http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...p=show&kid=584

Quote Originally Posted by Tully__ View Post
    Unless you have some special reason to keep IL2 at an earlier version (online server compatibility would be one reason), the latest version now supports widescreen natively. You could try updating, patch order and download links to v4.12.1 are available at http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...p=show&kid=584
    I actually have two versions of the game on my computer. One patched to 4.12.1 and the other 4.11.1 with HSFX. (The HSFX isn't compatible with the latest patch yet.
    Once I adjusted the Config file, My 4.11 install works as it should with my three display set-up. The only issue I have is with FOV ( looking into sans FOV Mod as well as other possible solutions)
    I'm going to copy my back up of the config file for the 4.12 install and try to set-up the three display again thru the game settings( didn't realize the latest version supported wide screen set-ups)
    Hopefully it will work out. Can't seem to find a FOV fix for the latest patch. I'm hoping it won't be a issue.
    Thanks again for the post and responding
    Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Tully__ View Post
    I tried set the screen resolution in-game but I still have the same problem of the menu screens being stretched across all three screens. When I click the resolution I want (5040 x 1050) , then click back to start the game it jumps back to a smaller resolution of one screen only, but repeated on all three screens

I've never used multiple monitors for gaming so I can't check, but there's a setting in conf.ini that might help. It's in this section of the file:
    Code:
    [window]
    width=1920
    height=1080
    ColourBits=32
    DepthBits=24
    StencilBits=8
    ChangeScreenRes=1
    FullScreen=1
    DrawIfNotFocused=0
    EnableResize=0
    EnableClose=1
    SaveAspect=0
    Use3Renders=0
    WideScreenFoV=1
    UIColor=0
    UIDetail=0
    UIBackground=en
    Try changing the "Use3Renders" setting from 0 to 1 and see if that helps.
    Bear in mind that you may have to start a mission to check, the wide and multi monitor support may not engage in the menu screens.

If that doesn't work, check that your Windows desktop setting is set to span the desktop across all three monitors, the setting that causes applications to span all three when maximised.

If it's still not working as desired after than, I'm stumped.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789