Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4Ghz
2GB PC6400 800Mhz RAM
Nvidia 7900GT 512MB single PCIe
Sound Blaster X-fi
All Settings maxed out as well as full scenery density and LOD. Frame rates are silky smooth even in heavy ports with tons of ships and carriers with all crewmen walking around them visible. Game loads much faster than SHIII ever did as well as strange as that may seem. Amazing this game runs so well and looks so much better than SHIII and even maanges to load so quick!
After spending a few hours of playing this sim this is what I've found as far as bugs...
1. Sound is off balance. Music is too LOUD!
2. Radio - The only frequency that works is Washington DC, I heard one report over the radio, and that was cool, but the music needs to go! What happened to adding historical music of that time? All I hear is the SHIV music over the radio and this is an immersion killer. Radio is worthless as of right now.
3. Grammaphone - Same issue as SHIII - there's nothing there! Only the game music! I suppose we can add our own music just like we did in SHIII, but I was hoping for at least 5-10 historical records to play in the stock version of this sim.
4. Deck gun issues - Deck gun fires at weird levels from where the cross hair shows it should be firing at. It's way off 50% of the time.
5. Periscope and Obiscope wake is barely visible.
6. Con tower wake barely visible.
7. Sonar - is the player even allowed to use this? It doesn't seem to work and there is no way to manually listen with passive sonar.
8. Radar - Same issue as sonar. Is it even useable by the player?
9. Death scene - there isn't one?!?! I thought there would be this time.
10. Sub takes damage without the player knowing anything, because 1)sounds are out of whack, B) no warning message.
11. While looking through the binocs, the trees in port look like cardboard cutouts, from a distance they look great. Some folks reported this happening to crewmen to, but I didn't notice that.
12. No career options available except for "Easy, Medium, Hard, Real). What happened to being able to select the features you want on and off? For instance, I might want to have Dud torps on, but Realistic reloads off, umlimited batteries, limited fuel. There are none of these options in career mode.
13. Clickable areas on sub not working right. Clicking on any crem members in the command room does nothing. I should be able to click on the navigator and be taken to the navigation map. This is not happening.
14. Weird sound skip in the game music sometimes. This doesn't happen much though.
15. Meteric needs to be changed to Imperial standards. It gets confusing and obviously the real US Navy used Imperial measurements and not meteric.
16. Crew voices are very soft and in a lot of cases not heard at all.
17. TBT - There is not a clickable TBT on the bridge. The only way to use it is to use the pop-up bar at the bottom of the screen. I don't even see a hotkey for it.
18. Binocs can't do a full 360 without crewmen or scopes getting in the way while on the bridge yet the TBT can. I personally don't mind the scopes getting in the way or the crew, because in real life, people don't dissappear in front of you, but the TBT needs to reflect this as well, or the binocs need superman vision as well. One or the other please!
19. Merchant ships sometimes take an enormous amount of torpedoes to kill. In real life, 1-2 would be more than enough to sink'em
20. Sub goes through the rocks on the bottom like they are made of air. Rocks that SIZE should damage a moving sub.