I'v seen the movie's and I'm looking very much forward for the game.
However, in one of the movies was shown the attack on the Monte Cassino. But I didn't notice any troops of polish origin (or indian ghurks either)...
Could any one do any thing about that? Polish troops took great casualtis during the attack, especially polish tank division, engineers and infantry troops. It would be really nice of the programers to include such information in the game (more than the standard date & result info).
It would be also a nice idea to create sub profiles for each of the sides, for eg. the Reich would divide in to Germans, Italians, Japan, Vichi troops (which fought with the US during Torch operation, and whos navy was a grat use for the Reich) and the Alliance would divide in to Russia, US, England, Poland (which was the 4th fighting force at the side of the alliance according to Norman Davis and many other historicians).
Another thing that crossed my mind, is the guerilla tacits, which would suit this game perfectly (ambushes from forests, destruction of supply lines, railroad tracks, bases and so on). It would be really nice to include episodes about Polish, Jugoslavian and French resistence during WWII. Especially the Uprising of Warsaw in '44 would be a great idea for a mission (or a small campaign).
And now for the tactis, or "RUSE's" in towns, that would suit infantry in towns:
1)Disguise the infantry as enemy troops, so they will be uncovered only in a small proximity or by attacking the enemy
2)Use of the sewers - the infantry could take short cuts thru the sewers to get to a different region of a town, however, the sewer entrances could be mined or, the sewers could be attacked with battlegas
3) Misdirect - place a homing beacon next to enemy drop zone to intercept enemys supply drop
4) Basement hide - hide troops in the basement, rendering them very hard to detect and harm, but they have no fightin power, and are vunreable during evacuation from the building (and if the building is destroyed, then they'r all dead)
5) Remote detonation mine - place a big mine underground, disguise it and place a remote detonation device, so it can be detonated at any poitn, but will not detonate on proxmity of enemy (good for destroing the suply trucks or commanding/supporting vechicles)
6) Sand/tree cover - make the infantry duck and crawl from cover to cover in the shown direction, makeing the harder to spot
7) Tracer rounds - use them to show the enemy, from where Your unit is fireing, to guide them in to a trap (but watch out for airstrikes and artilery )
These are just some of my Ideas, that all are based on German and Polish tactics from Warld War II during the underground fighing of AK (Polish Resistance).
If You have any other ideas concernig this topi, please write them here.
And please drop a comment on my ideas