Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concerned about SC3 | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Is it just me or does it seem like all these new moves, bashing open door, shotgun sc2000, pushing people off ledges, etc... are going to take away the stress on stealth which made Splinter Cell great in the firts place.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Is it just me or does it seem like all these new moves, bashing open door, shotgun sc2000, pushing people off ledges, etc... are going to take away the stress on stealth which made Splinter Cell great in the firts place.

Actually it'll give more players more options on what they want to do. If you want to be stealthy, you can. If you want to run & gun, you can. I think Ubi is doing a good job by adding all of those things.

It will also add replay value to the game, beat it once stealthily, then beat it again going crazy and shooting everything that moves.

"Forgiveness is between them and God, My job is to arrange the meeting." - John Creasy

But let's hope being stealthy gives you an edge on the game...and being noisy and crazy makes it harder otherwise people wold be running and gunning around with no respect for stealth...

"Attaining one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence" -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Attaining a hundred victories in a hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy's army without doing battle is the true pinnacle of excellence.

SC is a game all about stealth. Thats its claim to fame. There wont be any run and gun style play. Im sure the devs have many ideas up their sleeves to balance the stealth gameplay with all the new weaponry and gadgets.

Games playing: Americas Army

Xfire: dashoota SOTW Round one winner.

Banned
    SC3 offers 3 modes. stealth, assault and reddings recommmendatioon

Banned
    its actally got stealth, assauult and redinngs reccomenddtoin

Yeah and I'm sure they figured it out a year and a half ago

Oooh, another post from Mr tough guy...
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gertrude123:
    its actally got stealth, assauult and redinngs reccomenddtoin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words,
    Dying to believe in what you heard,
    I was staring straight into the shining sun. Pink Floyd- Coming back to life

All I care about is the fact that unless baddies are scripted to be morons, most of these moves are basically non-existent. The ledge-grab and door-slam are the two big ones like that. I've tried slamming the door numerous times on enemies that were chasing me, only to have the door just sit there. And the ledge grab? You can use that maybe once in every level. Personally, I like games like Hitman where you have these moves you can perform...and you can use them to your own discretion. THAT'S what's called open-ended gameplay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast