Here you'll find up to date information on new releases, known issues and major bug fixes!
Update 5/26 - v 1.21
[Tutorial] Lighter does not appear on the evidence strip after searching it
[Memorabilia] User is navigated to wrong screen on clicking COLLECT REWARD button on set complete pop up
[Case 06-03][L2] - Incomplete evidence report description is present for evidence Stinson's cell phone and PC computer
UPDATE- 5/11 - v 1.19
o Funding, xp etc multiplier bonus items available for purchase with Ubicredits.
• Adding music to cut scenes
• Added contrast behind avatar items
• End of game screen and prompts
• Reduced funding given via evidence processing pickup
• Moved Evidence report to appear before evidence pick-up timing message.
UPDATE- 5/6 - v 1.18
• Implement "Go to lab" button after collecting all evidence
• Added new energy items
• Add Case set 11
UPDATE- 4/13 - v 1.15
• Implement Lab Play/Processing Phase 1
• Remove St. Patricks day costumes from shop.
• Art/ store items ( April specials )
• Add Case set 9
UPDATE - 3/30/11 - v1.13
• Implement new Level/XP/Energy scaling - Now from levels 35-44 it takes 10k XP to level up and from levels 45-82 it takes 15k XP to level up!
• Case Set 8 (5 cases)
• Implement Multi-day rewards - Come back multiple days in a row to earn free energy! Come back 5 days in a row to earn a FREE espresso!
• Sound FX and music loops fixes
UPDATE - 3/9/11 - v1.12.1
• Moved “Invite Friends” and “5 Star Rating” to top of game screen
• Added “ return to crime scene button” in the lab
• Change “ out of energy” panel to “buy coffee”
• St Patty’s Day clothes added to "Specials" section in "Clothing" within the Store
• Friend’s strip arrows now show one person from last set for continuity purposes
• Removed rank from friend strip (now only shows LVL)
• “Case Closed” cases now appear beneath incomplete or in progress cases
• Added Case Set 7
• Added refresh button to Server Error Messages
• Added Elite Status (1 month status) as an item in the Store under "Specials" section
• Reverted redemption page text to prior version
UPDATE - 2/24/11 - v.1.11.9
• Launched additional payment methods by region
• Removed the top cross promo bar
• Added Agent Customization
• Customized agent in cutscene animations
• Added the Clothing section in the Store
• Bonus bar now depletes based on timer, not on area clear searches
• Improved tutorial flow
• Flipped how energy items in store are shown
UPDATE - 2/17/11 - v1.10.5
• Added Episode Extra cases 1-3 "Target Loss" and 1-4 "Peace, Love, & Zombies".
UPDATE - 2/2/11 - v1.10.5
• Created and added Valentine’s Items to Store - Berry Delight, Venusian Truffles, Be Mine Alot x40
• Case Set- Real Episode Extra Cases 1 and 2 added
• Changed the copy on redemption page for Tune In To Win promotion.
UPDATE - 1/27/11 - v1.9.4
This update contained mostly visual enhancements and UI tweaks. Read below for a full list of changes:
• Updated CMS with New Message
• Store screen which player is sent to by default will vary depending on where they are in the game. E.G. If in a crime scene >> energy item screen, if in lab >> customize screen
• Updated “Your Items” to match the new store UI design
• New locations will now appear at the TOP of the location list
• “In Progress” banner will no longer include cases that are not in progress
• Opening start screen “Start” button will now animate/pulse
• Clues will now increase XP bonus bar
• Added 2 new buttons at the bottom of the canvas page – Forums and Fan page
• Redesigned Club ELITE PC check to be on button click rather than automatic
UPDATE - 1/20/11 - v1.8.9
- Case Set 6 was included
-Introduced improved and enhanced cutscene audio
UPDATE - 12/16/10 - v1.8.5
We're pleased to announce that version 1.8.5 is now up and running!
We've added a host of new features that we worked extremely hard on and we're sure you'll enjoy them all. Once again, thank you for your continued support and thanks for playing CSI: Crime City BETA.
Here are some snippets about some of the new features, content updates, bug fixes and known issues:
* Case Set 5
o We have implemented Case Set 5, which includes 5 new cases:
05-01: If It Bleeds, It Leads
05-02: The Candyman
05-03: Running On Empty
05-04: Museum Piece
05-05: Glitter Gultch
* Case Replayability
o Once you've successfully completed a case, you will have the option to replay the entire case to receive a better case rating. By restarting a case, you gain the ability to earn more XP (including milestone XP), find collectables and stock up on coffee. You cannot go back to search a completed case that was partially searched (ex. 67% searched), but now you can go back and replay an entire case from scratch, which has the added advantages previously mentioned. Please note that restarting a case will not affect your overall progress in the game.
* Store Redesign
o The store is now paginated for simpler navigation. Each category (Specials, Equipment, Tools, Customize, Energy and Clothing) now have their own tabs. The Equipment, Tools, and Customize tabs have sub menus sorted for your browsing convenience.
o The store now features a "Specials" page.
Paginated Store Layout
* New Energy Items
o We have new energy items in the store including energy drinks, small tea, donuts, and granola bars.
o You can purchase some of the new energy items in bulk, in packs of 10, 15 and 40.
* Limited Edition Holiday Energy Items
o New Holiday Energy Items have been added to the store including holiday cookies, eggnog and gingerbread. These appear in the new Special page of the store and are available for a limited time only.
Holiday Energy Items
* Empty Equipment Slots
o Clicking empty equipment slots iin the Lab now opens the Store and jumps directly to the equipment clicked.
The intro cutscenes for each case now contain audio, which includes music and sound effects
Replay Scene button has been renamed Replay Cutscene
New Case Complete Reward Times implemented
MAJOR FIXED BUGS
Fixed a bug that caused players to not receive coffee from the minigame
Fixed a bug that caused users to be unable to purchase Tools if they had the exact amount of Ubis needed to make the purchase
Fixed a bug where users were logging into excess energy
Rare case where users can login to energy being gained once every hour. This is fixed by reloading the game
Rare case where users see a white/black/jumping around screen when selecting a case
Rare bug where after processing an item a user must process it again
Sometimes users need to refresh to see ubicredits they have purchased if they have switched countries
Non-Roman characters are not displayed in the Friends Bar
Reprocessing Evidence - This specific issue is caused by a bug with the Friend Boost processing bonus.We hope to have this resolved with our next update.
That about sums it up! Enjoy the new features in the game and get cracking on Case Set 5!
-The CSI: Crime City Team
UPDATE 12/13/10 v1.7.8
Hey CSIs -
As you've probably noticed by now, version 1.7.8 is currently up and running! We added a host of new features that we're really excited about. Some of the features were designed specifically with your feedback in mind. We're constantly listening, iterating, and building the game to the best of our ability and you play a large roll in that process. We're sure that you'll find the many updates to the game enjoyable and thanks for playing CSI: Crime City BETA.
Here are some snippets about some of the new features, content updates and bug fixes:
· Collectables: Insects - When searching a crime scene, you will now be able to find different types of insects. There are a total of 35 insects to collect. Once you successfully collect all 35, you can redeem them for 10,000 funding AND an exclusive Insect Display Case which you can place in your lab as a wall decoration. Insects are randomly placed throughout the game, so it’s possible to find more than one in a single crime scene, or none at all in an entire case….it’s up to you to do the searching! For those CSIs that have blazed through the game and are waiting for more cases (which by the way are currently in development), this is a great way to go back to some of the completed crime scenes and have some more fun! To view your collection, go to the HQ screen and click the “View Your Collections” button.
· Collectables: Memorabilia – Similar to insects, you will now be able to find pieces of memorabilia (matchbooks, poker chips, ammunition, keys, and playing cards) throughout crime scenes. There are a total of 25 pieces of memorabilia to collect, which are broken up into 5 sets of 5 memorabilia each. Once you successfully collect a set of 5 memorabilia, you can redeem it for 1,000 funding AND a FREE exclusive decoration for your lab! Just like the collectable insects, memorabilia is randomly placed throughout the game. The decorations you'll receive for collecting a set of 5 memorabilia are listed below:
Key Set = (floor) alternate floor color
Poker Chip Set = (tabletop) Slot Machine
Bullet Set = (wall) Gun Rack w/ guns
Card Set = (desk) Felt Poker Table
Match Book Set = (wall) Neon Sign
· Coffee in Labs - Every CSI now has a basic coffee machine in their lab, which provides FREE small coffees for friends to claim and use. The coffee machine produces small cups of coffee periodically throughout the day. You can claim up to four total coffees every 24 hours. Please note that your coffee machine is for your friends to use, and your friends’ coffee machines are for you to use. Having more friends within the game will increase the chance that you visit a friend’s lab and find a coffee waiting for you. Please note that it is NOT a necessity to have friends within the game to progress and complete cases. However, there are certain advantages to having friends and the ability to use a friend’s coffee machine is just one example where friends come in handy.
· Central Messaging System – An informational screen will appear upon entering the game, which will announce new features, updates, tips, tricks and more.
· More informative maintenance page that informs players to check the application profile Wall for more information and timely updates.
· In the store, tool upgrades now explicitly inform how much each tool reduces the search cost
MAJOR BUG FIXES
· Case set instructions now update when viewing Case Set 3 or 4
· Funding will no longer be decremented when a new tool, equipment, decoration, or coffee is purchased, but not added to your inventory as a result of server timeouts.
· Store – Now when you buy anything from the Store, your Funding/UbiCredits will decrement immediately without having to navigate away from the page to see your remaining Funding/UbiCredits total.
· Memorabilia Decorations - Some players are unable to place their memorabilia decorations in their lab. We are aware of this issue and are currently investigating the cause and hope to have a solution in place shortly. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.
· PC Digital Download integration with Club Elite doesn't work
Workaround: We're aware of this issue and are actively working to fix the integration. Please note that the PS3 and X-Box 360 promo codes are located on the back of the game manual and do work. Thanks for your patience while we sort this out.
· Some players can login to the game and have negative energy
Workaround: This is a bug we are actively working on and should have fixed with our next update. In the meantime, your energy will fix itself once it gets back up above 0. To guard against this happening again, make sure you log out of Facebook when you exit the game, especially when logging into a different computer for your next play session.
· Some players see a white screen when selecting a case
Workaround: If you are affected by this bug, please send us information about your computer system to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re using a PC, you can get your system info by clicking the Windows button, clicking Run (XP/Vista) or searching for Run (7) and typing in dxdiag and sending us that info.
If you’re using a Mac, go to the Apple menu, and select “About this Mac” and copy and send us that info...
In the interim, we suggest that you run only one page that displays Flash content at a time. Also, try to stop running any extraneous applications while trying to access the game.
· Some players sometimes need to refresh to see UbiCredits they have purchased if they have switched countries
Workaround: The only workaround right now is to select the correct country you want the first time
· Non-Roman characters are not displayed in the Friends Bar
That about sums it up! Please don't hesitate to ask any questions about the new features. We'll respond to all comments on our wall, underneath this Note, on our Forums, on Twitter...heck we'd fly to the moon and back to answer a question for you if that's what it took.
Thanks for your support and enjoy the game!
-The CSI: Crime City Team
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________
UPDATE 11/16/10 v.1.6.6
-- Club Elite - Players can now join club elite by entering a code inserted in each 360 and PS3 title on the /elite page. Players can join elite by following the link that appears when quitting the PC game at /ClubElitePC.
-- Elite status unlocks 10 new items in the store
-- These 10 new elite items are locked for non-elite players, with a link under each item taking them to an informational page explaining how to become elite.
-- Redesign "Owned" and "Switch" buttons
-- Fixed a bug with closing case 04-05 (currently final case)
-- Fixed a bug with invisible tiles in case 03-05 – Our Lady of Seven Veils: Church Parking Lot - that blocked progress
-- Fixed bugs that caused Agent to search from weird tiles
-- Fixed bugs that caused some items to not alpha out to make searching specific tiles easier
-- Fixed a bug that caused the New Location graphic to not appear
-- Fixed a few typos across the game
-- A bug that causes players to have negative energy. To prevent this make sure that you log out of FB before logging in on a different computer
-- Fixed bug that caused players to spend funding/ubis but not receive items when they lost connection during purchases. Part of this fix involves giving players back items that they may be missing.
What a week, CSIs! We passed 500,000 beta players, we’re getting close to the release of some major new features that address your key concerns, and…well, we had a rough Thursday night. We ran into multiple technical problems after trying to upload the latest upgrades to the game and, as the sun was rising, made the very difficult decision to restore a backup from earlier in the day. Although most players were unable to login on Thursday afternoon, we know that some of you dedicated agents did manage to investigate and that your progress from this short period would be affected. After examining the alternatives, a restore was simply the only way to be sure of fixing all the errors caused by the faulty upload.
We’ve learned a lot from the experience, but most importantly, we’ve implemented a number of new systems to assure that this type of error never happens again. Secondly, we are auditing our records and reading your customer support emails – every single player that purchased or spent Ubicredits during the outage will receive the items they bought. If you happened to make a purchase on Thursday and the purchased items aren’t in your inventory right now, please contact us here:. We’re working around the clock on this and we aim to have the solution in place very shortly.
Lastly, we want to apologize to everyone for the disruption…and we think we have a pretty good way to do it so please stay tuned.
Thanks again for your patience and understanding,
- The CSI: Crime City Team
New Release Notes - 10/20//10 - CSI: Crime City v.1.5.2
Current list of known issues as of 10/20/10/:
-- Our Lady of Seven Veils - Church Parking Lot Location - Not all tiles are searchable causing missing evidence or inability to search 100%. We're working on a fix for this and hope to have it implemented soon
-- Sounds can overlap if multiple items of evidence are collected one after another
-- Case set headings for Case Set 3 and 4 don't update
-- User's will lose funding without getting items if they refresh or lose connection while a transaction is processing
-- Special characters won't appear in player's names
-- Searching tiles: Sometimes the player's avatar will search from strange or unexpected tiles. If you encounter this bug, kindly take a screenshot and email the picture to email@example.com
-- Viewing profiles: A bug exists when viewing the profiles of non-friends in a friend's lab
* 1.5.2 does contain new sounds for the old sound events that we had. We will be adding ambient sound for the lab and cutscenes in a future build.
* New cache-busting scheme to decrease time for reloads.
* Added invite bar below the app
==Content and Balance Changes==
* Regeneration: 1 Energy every 1:30 (previously 1 Energy every :30)
* Maximum: Energy max increased by 20 (Level 1=120, 2=123, 3=126, etc.)
* All sets now contain 5 cases each (previously arbitrary per set)
* "Double Take" is now the 2nd case and "Road to Nowhere" is now the 3rd
* Split case set 3 into case set 3 & 4
===Case Completion Rewards===
* 1 Badge: 1000 Funding (previously 200 Funding)
* 2 Badge: 2000 Funding (previously 500 Funding)
* 3 Badge: 3000 Funding (previously 1000 Funding)
===Level Up Reward===
* Increased to 1000xp (previously 300xp)
* Placement of dead bodies on the grid where appropriate (purely cosmetic)
* Rearranged some trace tile placement on cases 1-5
Major Bug Fixes:
-- Level Up failed to trigger if user got energy game, search plateau, and level up triggered all in the same tile
-- Long location names were cut off in the Case popup
-- Couldn't see friend's pictures in the lab when they were processing evidence
-- Fixed Invite Panel for Safari and IE 7/8
-- Fixed the bug with people not appearing in the Friend's bar
-- Fixed our memory caching scheme to improve load times
-- White marks appearing when you're viewing lab equipment info panels
-- Visit Store/Customize Lab animated graphic in new labs is animated again
-- Fixed bug with non being able to cancel/close Like popup in IE
-- Fixed bug with publishing in IE7
-- Fixed animation when drinking coffee
-- Fixed Bonus % display under bonus bar
-- Fixed a bug with the clickable area for items that were ready to collect from the workbench
-- Processing times greater than an hour no longer overlap other processing times in the Cases screen
-- Button in out of cash popup was not completely clickable
-- Fixed a collision bug in location 2 of case 03-04
-- Fixed bug for players having problems in case 02-05
New Release Notes - 10/14//10 - CSI: Crime City v.1.4.7
Current list of known issues as of 10/14/10/:
[Update 10/8/10 6:20pm PT]
• Lost game progress and funding: We're happy to report that maintenance was completed Friday evening, 10/8, and the game is back! We've isolated and fixed the issue that was causing a few players to replay some scenes. While most of you haven't experienced any data loss, some game progress for the affected few unfortunately remains unrecoverable. Please stay tuned for our investigation into funding and UbiCredits spent during this period.
We want to stress that all you CSIs should feel confident in returning to your normal investigative duties. We apologize for the downtime and, as always, thank you for your continued helpful feedback and understanding during this Beta period.
• Purchase process: The "get more funding" button that appears below some individual items doesn't work right now. However, the old get funding buttons still works just fine.
• My friends that are also playing don't show up in the game: This is a bug that we are aware of, and are continuing to track down. We are attempting to isolate the case on our side. One potential problem that causes this is high Facebook privacy settings. In some cases, simply logging out of Facebook and back in has updated the friends graph and fixed this.
• Game screen cutoff/not showing completely: The problem occurs when the game is loaded in a browser that has been zoomed out via the browser options. The workaround to this problem is to set the browser zoom to 100%, load the game page, then zoom back out once the entire game has loaded, if desired. The common solution is to just play in 100% zoom.
• Searching tiles: Sometimes the player's avatar will search from strange or unexpected tiles. If you encounter this bug, kindly take a screenshot and email the picture to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Energy and experience: In some situations, like when a player levels up, the player's energy will fill before the level up experience triggers.
• Viewing profiles: A bug exists when viewing the profiles of non-friends in a friend's lab.
• Lab floor and wall customization
• Clues system is back in and better than ever
• Variety in tile layout in the microgame
• Invites will be turned on
• Stream posts will be active
• Progress Bar above the app will work
• Email collection system will be in place
• Customize avatar button in with a "coming soon" description
• lab decoration icons now show the portion of the office that can be customized per category
• when a user has insufficient funds, a get more funding button appears over the BUY button
• machine panels-updated language on the slots
• a "sale" sign will appear on coffee in the store to help manage expectation for when prices go up
• No more restricted access, the pool is open
• Numerous bug fixes (we'll include more info int he official release notes to you)
• We changed the XP values for various search results. Clues give 25xp, Funding and Energy Minigames give you 20xp, Evidence still gives 100xp, and finding nothing still gives you 10xp
• Added a bonus % under the bonus bar to show how much extra xp you are earning
• Updated Case Closed flow. When you collect the last piece of evidence in a case you are immediately prompted to turn in your case, although you can choose to keep searching so you can 100% the case
• We added talking NPCs to almost all locations in all cases
• NPC dialog boxes have new behavior. After reading an NPC's dialog the [?] box disappears entirely. It will reappear if you return to a location
• You can now use Guest Slots in your own lab!
• There is now a transition screen when moving from case to case and from location to location within a case
• A change to the MTX system that will make the wait for UbiCredits or Funding to appear shorter after completing payment
• New players begin without any lab decorations
• New message in lab prompting players to decorate their lab if they haven't done so yet
• New prices for early level equipment. Some slots don't have free decorations now
• Added a message to the canvas encouraging players to invite friends
Major Bug Fixes
-- Fixed 100% searched bug - Certain scenes lacked a last piece of evidence, but users could still search 100% of the scene