Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Update 1.01 & Failed to create file dump error... | Forums

Originally posted by cmussells:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XkitX878:
    Hello, yesterday i've bought this game (H.A.W.X 2) My problem is: Failed to create dump file "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2\HAWX2.exev1.01_2011-3-6_19-7-29GMT.dmp" (error 5)

I've already tryed you method with a -clear destkop but it didn't help me.

What can i do to fix it?
    I am getting the exact problem you are and have tried all the suggestions also...anyone out there have a fix???? This is getting frustrating.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are using Windows 7/Vista OS, then just try playing the Game under 'Windows XP SP2 Compatibility Mode' by creating a Shortcut of the Game's EXE i.e. HAWX2.exe, but when you do this, also look here under the Compatibility TAB, and check and tick these 2 options 'Disable Desktop Composition', and 'Disable Visual themes'. Now click on this Shortcut/.exe and run the Game.

This may Not be necessary for H.A.W.X 2, but just give it a try, and see if it helps overcome this Error or not ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I got the same problem that every time the game just crash before any loading screen shows up, but i manage to have the dump file saved, what should i do with the dump file?

holly crap........it worked

holy.... 2 years and this bug isn't fixed yet???

ubisoft doesnt give a **** about us customers...

where i have to write “-clear” ?

Quote Originally Posted by CircusMidget_TS View Post
    There is an game update coming out today to address various issues with the game and the file dump error message is one of those issues being addressed. The update should prevent the error from happening, but the players already affected by this error will have to use the following workaround:

STEP 1: From the path FOR Vista or Windows 7 => C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games

FOR Windows XP = > C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Documents
    Make sure that the folder “ Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X.2 ” is deleted.

STEP 2: Go to the location of the installed game and create a shortcut of HAWX2.exe

STEP 3: Right click on the shortcut and enter the Properties window. Type “-clear”

at the end of the target. Do not forget to enclose the executable path between “..”

if it contains spaces.

( Example : “E:\Program files\Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2"-clear)

STEP 4: Run the shortcut you created.

As an effect of this action, the saved content will be deleted, the game will create

a new save - any game progress will be lost.

Updates and Fixes for the PC release version 1.01:

1. Added DLC support.
    2. The Uplay browser can be accessed after being minimized.
    3. The Uplay application starts in full screen mode when the game is running in full screen mode.
    4. The game restarts after the player quits Uplay.
    5. The players no longer remain hanged on the "Waiting for other players" screen when they reload an objective.
    6. All the rewards can be unlocked using the mouse.
    7. The client does not remain hanged on infinite search.
    8. The reward selection does not disappear when a reward is unlocked.
    9. Various fixes.

how?

yeeeeeeeeeesssssss it workssssssss thank you Circusmidget_TS thank you very much!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234