There is an game update coming out today to address various issues with the game and the file dump error message is one of those issues being addressed. The update should prevent the error from happening, but the players already affected by this error will have to use the following workaround:
STEP 1: From the path FOR Vista or Windows 7 => C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games
FOR Windows XP = > C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Documents
Make sure that the folder “ Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X.2 ” is deleted.
STEP 2: Go to the location of the installed game and create a shortcut of HAWX2.exe
STEP 3: Right click on the shortcut and enter the Properties window. Type “-clear”
at the end of the target. Do not forget to enclose the executable path between “..”
if it contains spaces.
( Example : “E:\Program files\Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2"-clear)
STEP 4: Run the shortcut you created.
As an effect of this action, the saved content will be deleted, the game will create
a new save - any game progress will be lost.
Updates and Fixes for the PC release version 1.01:
1. Added DLC support.
2. The Uplay browser can be accessed after being minimized.
3. The Uplay application starts in full screen mode when the game is running in full screen mode.
4. The game restarts after the player quits Uplay.
5. The players no longer remain hanged on the "Waiting for other players" screen when they reload an objective.
6. All the rewards can be unlocked using the mouse.
7. The client does not remain hanged on infinite search.
8. The reward selection does not disappear when a reward is unlocked.
9. Various fixes.