Thread: Realism | Forums

I think to add to the image of warfare, BIA should make the game more intense. By this i mean using gory effects. R2H30 and EIB had limbs flying off but, it really didnt feel all that scary. I think if you throw a grenade and a german just catches it, he should have one of his legs blown off and him holding onto his thigh and struggling and screaming with blood pouring out everywhere. At the same time, you can decide to kill him or leave him or take him hostage. He should also be shaking from the pain and have a face in agony as blood continues to flow out of his leg. THAT WOULD MAKE BIA MORE INTESE...
    "Video games are a waste of time for men with nothing else to do" RAY BRADBURY
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

The one thing that always gets me about all games is that no one dies in extremely horrific ways ingame. Sure, in EIB a guy is hit directly by a tank shell and in RTH30 you watch a fellow soldier have blood shoot out of his neck, but none of it is ingame. They need to create death animations that interact with the enviroment such as:

1. A dying/legless soldier dragging himself to safety
    2. Dying soldiers bleeding profusley
    3. Realistic explosion and fire deaths
    4. Wounded soldiers who can't get up or can't move but are still conscious and maybe even able to shoot
    5. Bullet wounds should spray blood foreward as well as backwards and the blood should be able to be seen.

Don't think I'm morbid for mentioning these. I just think if they are trying to make the most realistic game possible they should make the most realistic gore as possible.

Banned
    maybe if they had a thing were they didnt die right away and kinda would just lay an bleed to death shaking, i doubt that every soldier that died in WWII was killed instantly

aktually a human body can stand quite alot.
    if u are hit in the shoulder, legs or arms theres little chance that u will die right away.

In the tides of war, one is distraught quite easily, and those who are shot go into shock real easily and that quickens the dying process. And if one is shot in a main artery, back then, field medics could only watch as the trooper died.
    And also, getting shot in the shoulder means you most likely lose functionality of that arm, since the joint has been punctured and splinter-like pieces of bone will be everywhere. You would be rendered useless in a combat situation, so maybe just have him drop his gun, jump up in pain, and get dusted by incoming fire?

so maybe just have him drop his gun, jump up in pain, and get dusted by incoming fire?
    Or maybe a medic can get him back to the CP

"The BIA Forum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy!"

Yes, I built this: Intel Q6600 @ Stock, EVGA 8800GT SC edition 679/1697/1000, 2gb OCZ RAM DDR2 800, all in an EVGA nForce 680i Sli motherboard!

Tired of all the

lol, and on the way there the sanitater gets shot in the leg when it just so happens that a tank is on that same road. And the stupid german camouflage makes them blend in with the road, and then-ok I won't go there.

I think that the Brothers in Arms have left out many things such as destructable buildings if you have a tank in your squad and he fires at wall or a house he should destroy the a pice of that house or wall or knock down a tree .Germans hide behind a wall and you fire millions of shells on that wall the freaking wall still stands that is mayor problem and it afects reality I mean there should be smoke every where and pices of furniture and brick when you hit a building. Another thing is you have to have a machine gun squad at your disposal two men at machine gun would be a great help to reality , or that you can order your team to man a machine gun . For instance take a german machine gun and make it your own take it to another place there are meany issues but this message is already to big

I think when it comes to time, money and focus, the guys and gals over at Gearbox, keep adding things which increase the experience. realism which doesn't add to gameplay should be last on the list. Heaven knows the Gearbox Team(s) has tons of stuff they would like to do, but remember they either need the right engine, plus they need to figure out how to program all this stuff.

In the end a game is only software