Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 2: FAQ | Forums

Kyrat Edition Trailer | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Survive Kyrat | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

What are you made of? | Far Cry 4 [UK]

KYRAT SERIES 1 - The lowlands | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Dont know if UBI plan to produce an official FAQ, but in the meantime, we can log all known info about the game here:

Press release: Far Cry 2 for announced

Press release for PS3 and X360 versions

UBISOFT ANNOUNCES FAR CRY® 2
    The Legendary Shooter Returns to PC in 2008
    Paris- FRANCE – July 19, 2007 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced that it will launch Far Cry® 2 in Spring 2008 for PC. Far Cry 2 is being developed in Ubisoft's Montreal studio.

The original Far Cry® won PC Gamer's Action Game of the Year Award in 2004. Since then the combined installments of the Far Cry® brand has gathered critical acclaim and numerous awards, and sold over 3 million units.

"Far Cry marked the beginning of a new era for shooters. An era of gorgeous graphics and of advanced artificial intelligence," declared John Parkes, EMEA marketing director at Ubisoft. "We are confident that Far Cry 2 will have the same impact again on the FPS genre landscape."

Check www.farcrygame.com regularly for more news.

© 2007 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Far Cry, Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries. Based on Crytek's original Far Cry directed by Cevat Yerli.
    UBISOFT ANNOUNCES FAR CRY® 2 FOR XBOX 360® AND PLAYSTATION®3 SYSTEM [01.03.08]

San Francisco – January 3, 2008 – Today, Ubisoft announced that Far Cry® 2 is being developed for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. Far Cry 2 is a next-generation first-person shooter being created by Ubisoft's Montreal development studio.

More than just a visual and technological achievement, Far Cry 2 immerses players in an entirely new kind of gaming experience, featuring a custom-made video game engine built from the ground up. Players will discover a true open world gameplay set in one of the most beautiful environments in the world, Africa, brought to life by high-definition next-gen technology. Far Cry 2 is scheduled to ship fiscal 2008–2009.

Far Cry 2 is featured as the cover story in the March issue of PlayStation®:The Official Magazine, available on newsstands in North America on February 12, 2008.

About Ubisoft

Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified lineup of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 21 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. Ubisoft generated sales of 680 million Euros for the 2006-07 fiscal year. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
    © 2008 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Far Cry, Ubisoft, Ubi.com, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Based on Crytek's original Far Cry directed by Cevat Yerli. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. "PlayStation", "PLAYSTATION" and "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
    Known Facts:

Developed by Ubisoft Montreal

UBI TEAM:
    Producer: Louis-Pierre Pharand
    Art Director: Alex Amancio
    Creative Director: Clint Hocking
    Technical Director: Dominic Guay
    Community Developer: Kimi

Release Date(s) Fall 2008

PC exclusive at initial announcment, PS3 and X360 versions were announced in Jan 2008, release dates TBA

Far Cry® 2, the next-generation first-person shooter from Ubisoft, will take you deep into the most beautiful but also most hostile environments in the world: Africa! More than just a visual and technological achievement, Far Cry® 2, the true sequel to the award-winning PC game, will provide you with an unprecedented gaming experience.

Caught between two rival factions in war-torn Africa, you are sent to take out "The Jackal", a mysterious character who has rekindled the conflict between the warlords, jeopardizing thousands of lives. In order to fulfil your mission you will have to play the factions against each other, identify and exploit their weaknesses, and neutralise their superior numbers and firepower with surprise, subversion, cunning and, of course, brute force.

OPEN WORLD
    The extensive artistic research combined with the next-gen engine will allow you to explore over 50Km2 of seamlessly rendered African landscape. No game has ever provided such freedom of movement!

DUNIA ENGINE
    The Dunia Engine was built specifically for Far Cry® 2 by the award-winning Ubisoft Montréal development team. It delivers the most realistic destructible environments, amazing special effects such as dynamic fire propagation and storm effects, real-time night-and-day cycle, dynamic music system, non-scripted enemy A.I. and so much more...

REAL-TIME IMMERSION
    Real-time story telling, systemic auto-healing, minimal in-game interface are just few of the features that will make you feel the tension of being alone against barbarous warlords that threaten thousands of innocent lives.

WEAPONS OF CHOICE
    Choose from a wide range of weapons to make your way to your primary target. Meet the fight head-on with your machine-gun, go berserk with your machete or make stealth kills as a Sniper. If you feel that the atmosphere is not warm enough, light up your flamethrower and let your enemies and everything around them feel the heat.

VEHICLES
    Fly, Drive, Run, slide and hover over the huge open world with your glider, trucks, cars, boats and much more.

Engine: <span class="ev_code_blue">Dunia</span>

Over 50 square kilometers

Full free roaming, with non-linear missions

Destructable Environs

There is a day and night system.

There is a dynamic weather system that adapts to how well you are currently doing. If you're shooting everything in site, and well too, the skies will be clear and sunny, but if you start getting owned, the sky will darken and become overcast.

Weapons can take damage and begin to malfunction and wear out. It's up to the player to take care of his weapons and keep them in top condition for the journey.

Running into a tree can cause it to break and fall down, just shake, or the player to crash to the floor, all depending on the size of the tree.

Advanced and adaptive AI with +55 heads and infinate skin shading possibilities.

AI has morale settings, the moral of the NPCs is a function of what is happening around them, shoot their commander and their moral gets worse, shot the man next to them and it becomes even lower.

No Medi packs:
    COD2 style health up to Critical wounding, then you have to heal yourself.

No Trigens or mad scientist.

No feral abilities

No Jack Carver

Locations:
    River Network
    Africa
    Desert Crash site
    Shanty Town
    Dogon village
    Desert Water hole
    Savannah
    Jungle

Factions:
    UFLL: United Front for Liberation and Labor
    APR: Alliance for Popular Resistance

Characters:
    Warlord
    The Jackal
    Marty Alencar
    Warren Clyde
    Nasreen Davar
    Hakim Echebbi
    Paul Ferenc
    Flora Guillen
    Andre Hyppolite
    Josip Idromeno
    Frank Bilders

Classes:
    Grunt
    Engineer
    Medic
    Sniper

Weapons: +30 types and include reliability factors
    Primary Slot Weapons

Silent MP-5
    AK-47
    G3-KA4
    AR-16
    FAL Paratrooper
    Homeland 37
    SPAS-12
    USAS-12
    M1903 Sniper Rifle
    Dragunov SVD
    AS50
    MGL-140

Secondary Slot Weapons

Makarov
    Silent Makarov 6P9
    Star .45
    Eagle.50
    MAC-10
    Uzi
    Flare Pistol
    M-79 Grenade Launcher

Special Slot Weapons

M-249 SAW
    PKM
    RPG-7 Rocket Launcher
    Carl G Rocket Launcher
    LPO-50 Flamethrower
    Type 63 Mortar
    Dart Rifle

Mounted Weapons

Mounted M-249 SAW
    MK-19 Grenade Launcher
    M2 .50 Cal.

Miscellaneous

M-67 Grenade
    Molotov Cocktail
    IED's
    Machete

Equipment
    Compass

Vehicles: +14
    Glider

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:

CPU: Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz, Pentium D 2.66 Ghz, AMD Athlon 64 3500+ or better

RAM: 1 GB

Video card: NVidia 6800 or ATI X1650 or better
    Shader Model 3 required
    256 Mb of graphic memory

Media reader: DVD-ROM

Hard drive space: ~12 Gig of HD space. (TBD)

RECOMMENDED:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo Family, AMD 64 X2 5200+, AMD Phenom or better

RAM: 2 GB

Video card: NVidia 8600 GTS or better, ATI X1900 or better
    512 Mb of graphic memory

Sound: 5.1 sound card recommended

SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS:

NVidia 6800, NVidia 7000 series, 8000 series, 9000 series, 200 series. 8800M and 8700M supported for laptops.
    ATI X1650 – 1950 series, HD2000 series, HD3000 series, HD4000 series.

The words in the teaser are "Dawa ya moto ni moto" which is a Kiswahili proverb for "the remedy to fire is fire or an eye for an eye".

Achievement list

Far Cry 2 fansites:
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> http://www.farcry2fans.com
    <LI> http://www.farcry2-hq.com
    <LI> http://www.fcmaps.net
    <LI> Crysystems forums
    <LI> http://farcry2game.info
    <LI> www.infarcry.com
    <LI> Far Cry 2: Fan Site
    <LI> http://FarCry2Game.com/
    <LI> http://www.fc2.hu (Hungarian)
    <LI> http://www.farcry2.info (Russian)
    <LI> http://www.farcry2world.com[/list]

---------------------------------------

Feel free to let us know of any confirmed facts with citations
    I'll clean up the thread as facts/rumours are confirmed displelled
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I hope they release it soon.
    [color:green]See my maps at:[/color] [color:red]Here[/color]

So where did you pick up the Kiswahili language Cuz? I'd like to follow a quick course, cause it always seemed like a great language to me

Kimi has ensured that the wildlife is all textured pink

Twitter: @KimiMatsuzaki

Me two i hpe it releases soon im dieing to see what it is like it the new setting!

Originally posted by hanz_h:
    So where did you pick up the Kiswahili language Cuz? I'd like to follow a quick course, cause it always seemed like a great language to me
    http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...5/m/9391094575

New details added from the UBI teaser sites meta data. Link to JC maybe historic, I guess time will tell...

I'm very sure that the Engine will be a heavily modified CryEngine 1. Take a look a Far Cry Instincts Predator made for the Xbox 360, that's the first glimpse of a seven month graphic development and it looks amazing but rushed. We all can expect a two year and a month Engine modification by where Predator left off.

Ubisoft is known for modifying Unreal Engine for their Tom Clancy titles such as Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six but by expecting a mix-in of CryEngine 1 and Unreal Engine 2, then we would see one nice looking game. It probably won't be as perfect as Crysis, but we'll have to wait and see.

I think there is two schools of thought here... One is that its somehow going to be comparable to the console games and run similiar... the other which I believe and pray to god comes true is that the game will be heavily based on the real cryengine that FC for PC ran on.. there has been alot of talk about this being more of a console freindly game like rainbow6 or graw but if that was true I would ask why not announce console versions concurrently? I think this will eventually hit the consoles but in a PC to console port not a PC/Console friendly development. But wtf do I know lol..

Hum, since 2002 Ubi's been working with unreal tech : U2 & 2.5 for the 4 first Splinter Cell, XIII, licences for Red Storm (Rainbow Six), Gearbox (Brothers in Arms)... Unreal Enigne 3 for R6 Vegas. But also on its own technology for Rayman, King Kong, and Prince of Persia Series. Most important they bought FarCry universe and CryTech Engine 1 to Crytek. Thus I think that this new one (and Haze too) are based on an evolved version of CryEngine 1.

When you licence Unreal Engine, you licence for the graphics, the physics, the netcore, the multi-plateform support. Why the hell would they try to combine some U3 with CryEngine ? In addition, CryEngine runs well on X360.

U think Unreal 3 is not so easy to program and Ubi needs "Next Generation games" that's why, I think, they gave "Dark Messiah" and a Source Engine Licence to Arkane and published "Call of Juarez" which uses the lastes version of sometimes very nice Chrome Engine.

Upcoming titles from Ubi with Unreal 3 would be the next Splinter Cell, the next Brothers in Arms...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast