Thread: Dunny Noob Obervatons / Questions | Forums

Soooo .... the dunny peepols just popped into a cave while we hoomans evolved from slime on the surface of the Earth?? Hmmm -- I wonder then why the dunny peeps didn't have eyes the size of grapefruits with pupils to match?? How can a civilization be born into total darkness?? What am I missing ??

Ummm -- Atrus & family lived ... underground in the Earth sometime around our calendar year of 1700 ?? Not even ONE excursion to the surface to see if the British were coming ??

I find it odd -- Atrus' wife, Catherine ?? --- is named that -- when she was supposed to have come from the native people that were on that planet called --- Riven ?? You'd figure she would have a name like -- oh -- I don't know ... Blibdoolpoolp .... or Hookalooka .... or something like that ....

Yeesha is around 20 years YOUNGER than Sirrus and Achenar ?? WOW ... Atrus & Catherine started doing " the wild thang " at a REAL young age, huh ??

Sirrus and Achenar have been stuck in their respective books for the past 11 years ?? Man, they must be REAL tired of looking at all that TV static

Myst IV takes place about a decade BEFORE Uru ?? Would someone tell someone at Cyan -- or Ubisoft --- to take lesson on writing plots in a linear fashion??

Uhhh -- excuse me -- what the hell happened to Gehn ?? Don't tell me he's also still stuck in a prison book. ( Yeah -- I played Riven )

Why isn't Atrus or Catherine pulling their hair out over remorse for imprisoning their own sons for 11 years?? You play Myst III and get the feeling all they think about is Yeesha -- you even see Catherine smiling -- bouncing the baby Yeesha on her lap --- uhh excuse me woman -- did ya forget you sorta kinda have TWO GROWN SONS languishing in prison books looking at TV static allll day???

I have more observations --- but that is for another age -- or -- is that cave --- where's is that damn Great Zero Marker !! I left it lying around here somewhere
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Soooo .... the dunny peepols just popped into a cave while we hoomans evolved from slime on the surface of the Earth?? Hmmm -- I wonder then why the dunny peeps didn't have eyes the size of grapefruits with pupils to match?? How can a civilization be born into total darkness?? What am I missing ??

Ummm -- Atrus & family lived ... underground in the Earth sometime around our calendar year of 1700 ?? Not even ONE excursion to the surface to see if the British were coming ??

I find it odd -- Atrus' wife, Catherine ?? --- is named that -- when she was supposed to have come from the native people that were on that planet called --- Riven ?? You'd figure she would have a name like -- oh -- I don't know ... Blibdoolpoolp .... or Hookalooka .... or something like that ....

Yeesha is around 20 years YOUNGER than Sirrus and Achenar ?? WOW ... Atrus & Catherine started doing " the wild thang " at a REAL young age, huh ??

Sirrus and Achenar have been stuck in their respective books for the past 11 years ?? Man, they must be REAL tired of looking at all that TV static

Myst IV takes place about a decade BEFORE Uru ?? Would someone tell someone at Cyan -- or Ubisoft --- to take lesson on writing plots in a linear fashion??

Uhhh -- excuse me -- what the hell happened to Gehn ?? Don't tell me he's also still stuck in a prison book. ( Yeah -- I played Riven )

Why isn't Atrus or Catherine pulling their hair out over remorse for imprisoning their own sons for 11 years?? You play Myst III and get the feeling all they think about is Yeesha -- you even see Catherine smiling -- bouncing the baby Yeesha on her lap --- uhh excuse me woman -- did ya forget you sorta kinda have TWO GROWN SONS languishing in prison books looking at TV static allll day???

I have more observations --- but that is for another age -- or -- is that cave --- where's is that damn Great Zero Marker !! I left it lying around here somewhere

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Ummm -- Atrus & family lived ... underground in the Earth sometime around our calendar year of 1700 ?? Not even ONE excursion to the surface to see if the British were coming ?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    At the time, the D'ni didn't believe that the surface of the Earth was populated. In fact, they were completely surprised when Anna decided to pop by for a visit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I find it odd -- Atrus' wife, Catherine ?? --- is named that -- when she was supposed to have come from the native people that were on that planet called --- Riven ?? You'd figure she would have a name like -- oh -- I don't know ... Blibdoolpoolp .... or Hookalooka .... or something like that ....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Actually, her name is Katran, but Atrus mispronounced it as Catherine, and it kinda stuck.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Yeesha is around 20 years YOUNGER than Sirrus and Achenar ?? WOW ... Atrus & Catherine started doing " the wild thang " at a REAL young age, huh ??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Not when you consider that they live to be about 300 years old. They could, conceiveably, have children with more than a century of age difference.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Sirrus and Achenar have been stuck in their respective books for the past 11 years ?? Man, they must be REAL tired of looking at all that TV static <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Quite, but, you have to remember that they're not really just looking at static. That's just representation. They're actually on an island somewhere, with a means to live a limited life.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Uhhh -- excuse me -- what the hell happened to Gehn ?? Don't tell me he's also still stuck in a prison book. ( Yeah -- I played Riven )<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    As far as we know, he is.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Why isn't Atrus or Catherine pulling their hair out over remorse for imprisoning their own sons for 11 years?? You play Myst III and get the feeling all they think about is Yeesha -- you even see Catherine smiling -- bouncing the baby Yeesha on her lap --- uhh excuse me woman -- did ya forget you sorta kinda have TWO GROWN SONS languishing in prison books looking at TV static allll day???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You just gotta kinda get on with your life.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Uhhh -- excuse me -- what the hell happened to Gehn ?? Don't tell me he's also still stuck in a prison book. ( Yeah -- I played Riven )<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since Catherine took Gehn's prison book with her, and I don't remember what exactly she did with it, but I think they most likely have it on their shelf right next to Sirrus and Achenar's books.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Why isn't Atrus or Catherine pulling their hair out over remorse for imprisoning their own sons for 11 years?? You play Myst III and get the feeling all they think about is Yeesha -- you even see Catherine smiling -- bouncing the baby Yeesha on her lap --- uhh excuse me woman -- did ya forget you sorta kinda have TWO GROWN SONS languishing in prison books looking at TV static allll day???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MYST IV PLOT HINT BELOW

That's how IV starts, with Katran wanting them freed.

NICE (Naturally Interested and Curious Explorer)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Soooo .... the dunny peepols just popped into a cave while we hoomans evolved from slime on the surface of the Earth?? Hmmm -- I wonder then why the dunny peeps didn't have eyes the size of grapefruits with pupils to match?? How can a civilization be born into total darkness?? What am I missing ??
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The D'ni came from another age, Gartenay, where they lived in pretty much the same way we do, i.e on the surface. When Gartenay was destroyed, the D'ni came to the cavern - they're settlers, not natives. And the cavern wasn't in total darkness, the lake in the middle of it is filled with bioluminescent bacteria that give D'ni a nice warm glow

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Myst IV takes place about a decade BEFORE Uru ?? Would someone tell someone at Cyan -- or Ubisoft --- to take lesson on writing plots in a linear fashion?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure where you've read this, but Myst IV takes place a lot more than a decade before Uru. more like 200 years before Uru. and the plots don't need to be linear, as Uru is a spinoff from the main Myst series, not a part of it, although their stories are obviously connected.

Yes. Uru is based in the MYST universe, but is not intended to be part of the MYST saga. It's supposed to be a present-day story set around Yeesha, DRC, Bahro, and the D'ni cavern. The MYST games are more about Atrus, Katran, Sirrus, Achenar, and younger Yeesha.

NICE (Naturally Interested and Curious Explorer)