Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Driver | Forums

they should go for a zombie twist i mean every game is doing it
    red dead
    black ops
    (not a twist but zombiefied) last of us
    yakuza4 or 5 i think

but here they should go all walking dead on us, imagine driving through the forests and cities in all those cool cars plus on foot business too dealing with the dead and having to search cars and police buildings thoroughly for ammo and weapons i wanna see tanner in that sort of stuff i know u guys agree
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by brok2 View Post
    Completely agree that Driver 1 and 2 should be re-released Monkey Island: Special Edition style (with both original and updated graphics switchable at the touch of a button), but I don't see how safe houses would improve them, as free roam in the early games was a lot more episodic. I wouldn't really care what they threw in really, as long as the option remained to play both games exactly as they were, with every feature and starting spot the same. Framerate increases/stability wouldn't go astray though...

Shame you don't like the graphics. They're already higher than I'd need. I think they're perfectly fine to be honest.
    i know the graphics r not so bad for such a game but it wud be a great factor 4 this i dont know about other consoles but the colour and lighting looks washed up and not complete in some ways on ps3. i used to also hear that placing ps1 games in a ps2 enhances the graphics but that was nonsense i always wanted this for driver 1 and 2.
    Last edited by sha_91; 07-26-2012 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sha_91 View Post
    they should go for a zombie twist i mean every game is doing it
    red dead
    black ops
    (not a twist but zombiefied) last of us
    yakuza4 or 5 i think

but here they should go all walking dead on us, imagine driving through the forests and cities in all those cool cars plus on foot business too dealing with the dead and having to search cars and police buildings thoroughly for ammo and weapons i wanna see tanner in that sort of stuff i know u guys agree
    The only way a zombie mode would work for Driver -even if the game had on foot gameplay- is if it did it the Dirt 3 way: Enclosed space, each player (or bot) controls a car, one is 'infected' and spreads the infection on contact with other cars, last car unaffected is the winner. Like Timesplitters' virus mode, but entirely in cars instead.

Now THAT would be a lot of fun. What you're describing is more of a DayZ experience, which couldn't be more different from Driver even if it tried.
    What the next DRIVER needs: Tighter, narrower streets for slower, more responsive cars as seen in D1,2,3. More 70s feel, possibly the entire game's setting. Keep 88mph top speed as the norm, with only bonus supercars going beyond. Get rid of Burnout as the default acceleration. Unlicensed Vehicles- so that they can be destroyed with explosions. On foot returning, with a version of shift as an unlockable. Weapons, with FPS controls like D3, only more polished. Hubcaps. Car underside pouncing. Offroad areas without invisible walls. All previous driver game cheats return plus a few surprises. All camera angles in D1 Film Director returning. Completely overhauled multiplayer, with virtually no 'boosting'. Finally, ability to play multiplayer offline,and with bots.

Failing that, D1 and 2 as fully emulated games unlockable within Driver 6.

A zombie theme really doesn't work if you can't get out of your car as Brok suggested. It could be done, but it wouldn't fit the Driver theme well. Kind of like trying to make Driver a Puzzle game with a Tetris theme wouldn't work.

DSF2 is hopefully in development at this time, considering the success of DSF1.

DSF2 WISHLIST:
    Ability to go "Off Rails". Too much of DSF is on the roads with walls on the sides. There are so many times we wish we could drive OFF the roads and explore the dirt, parking lots, buildings, hills, etc, but it wasn't allowed. Big disappointment.
    -Keep the awesome gameplay, views and shift.
    -The frame rate was top notch at 60 fps. Felt very, very responsive like a real car. Compared to the lag in TDU2.
    -I see the new Forza on 360 is offering the state of CO to explore. When will Driver step outside of the city setting and allow us access to the forests, hills and rural country? Those are some of the most exciting roads for a driving game. Good thing DSF was in SF, one of the very few cities with some thrilling roads.
    -Bring it out by 2013 and base it on the DSF engine. Don't reinvent the wheel, otherwise we'll be waiting another 5 years. Save that for the next gen Driver.
    -Consider offering a different take on the way to explain Shift besides Tanner being in a coma. Think of it more like a sports game, where you can switch to any character on the fly, without needing an explanation for why you switched your character. Maybe you don't need a Coma/Astral Projection storyline to explain it next time, but KEEP SHIFT. It's awesome. Like a Debugger mode.
    --------------
    Driver SF2, include: Everything from DSF and... More freedom to explore: Open Parking Lots, Offroad hills, forests, bring us into a Rural Setting, customizable options, lots of RAMPS again and corkscrew wooden bridges across ponds, Sportbikes too. And please lose the lame roadside rails, so we can REALLY go off road and fly off without hitting invisible walls.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDriver06 View Post
    A zombie theme really doesn't work if you can't get out of your car as Brok suggested. It could be done, but it wouldn't fit the Driver theme well. Kind of like trying to make Driver a Puzzle game with a Tetris theme wouldn't work.
    Have a look at this and tell me it wouldn't be incredibly fun in Driver:

I was wrong about the last infected being the winner- all normal cars get a point each time someone gets infected that isn't them, and the infected cars get 2 points for every car they infect, so anyone can win whether they get infected or not. I'm guessing more points are awarded to any car that makes it to the end of the time limit without getting infected.

What the next DRIVER needs: Tighter, narrower streets for slower, more responsive cars as seen in D1,2,3. More 70s feel, possibly the entire game's setting. Keep 88mph top speed as the norm, with only bonus supercars going beyond. Get rid of Burnout as the default acceleration. Unlicensed Vehicles- so that they can be destroyed with explosions. On foot returning, with a version of shift as an unlockable. Weapons, with FPS controls like D3, only more polished. Hubcaps. Car underside pouncing. Offroad areas without invisible walls. All previous driver game cheats return plus a few surprises. All camera angles in D1 Film Director returning. Completely overhauled multiplayer, with virtually no 'boosting'. Finally, ability to play multiplayer offline,and with bots.

I would love a party-mode oriented (but allow realistic settings, Dirt 3 is way too arcadey) Driver, but I'd also like to see more Driv3r-esque crime story. So I would even suggest doing 2 games. Right now Reflections could try to do a smaller game before doing a bigger main game.

Earlier I said how I'd like to see a driving game Halo, but Timesplitters is way more accurate. Multiplayer-oriented (offline too) driving game with tons of modes and customization. Race, Chase, Survival, Trailblazer, Checkpoint Race, Gaterace, Cone knocking, Destruction Derby, Virus, King of The Hill, Pizza taxi, Bomb run, Elimination, Tag, Stunt, Truck vs Minis, Cops and Robbers, Stakeout, Police Patrol, Deathmatch, Road Rage, VIP, Keepaway, Hold The Ball, Assault, Coin Collecting, Felony Contest and more. 1-16 players or bots, multi-team battles, in-depth stats and ability to create tournaments and leagues. Most importantly lots of game options to turn the mode from realistic (HUD, special effects, nitros and such off) to over the top (wacky voices, lots of color and effects, constant super speed and floaty physics)
    Warning: Everything above is an opinion
    The show must go on
    What is this Splinter Cell you talk about?

Exactly- but don't forget Car Soccer- yet another mode suggested way back on this thread that another game has beaten Driver to the punch with- in this case Forza 4, though the handling looks a little -too- "realistic" for car soccer, in my opinion.

I don't think it'd necessarily need to be two games- after all, multiplayer does not always need to match the tone of a game's singleplayer. D:SF's multiplayer was completely different from the singleplayer, with party-like gamemodes that weren't seen in solo mode. That said I'd love it if they made a multiplayer centric smaller game on the road to the next fully fledged sequel, so it might be worth looking into.

I will once again second car soccer/football. Imagine, Zonda vs McLaren F1? If shift is to become involved in car football, perhaps there should be two modes, with and without shift. Shift soccer would take place in the streets with traffic, possibly a mode for fewer players. Red boundaries as seen in the demo would block the ends of the roadways, traffic would fly through causing accidents and making the game frustrating but entertaining.

I think Reflections should definately get another game out quick before the next generation of consoles. All the groundwork is laid, just give us a new city, I personally don't think we need all the shift mode voices and conversations, to me they got old quick as I always heard the same ones, sex change cop, girlfriend egging boyfriend on, etc. Just give us music. They could squeeze out another shift game before getting back into the major leagues next generation with on foot gameplay.

If possible, I would still like some changes to be made to DSF's engine: make the cars flip easily and look good while doing it, let us go off road, no more invisible barriers, ditch the licensed cars in favor of better damage modeling and more freedom in car roster. I think its all pretty much in my signature. I could live with no on foot for a quick sequel to make the most of all the work that went into DSF
    DRIVER 6 - my wishlist - Unlicensed Vehicles, Real-Time Car Damage, Car Flipping and Roll-Overs, On Foot AND Shift, Guns, No Invisible Walls, Able to drive of cliffs, jump fences etc, Performance Upgrades, Car Creator basic example, Set up Ramps and Stunts in shift mode, Reduce Framerate to 30fps and add back all the stuff you had to take out, Please and Thank You!!!

I agree, J_Frumpleberg. If we could somehow get another Driver game out soon, as in 2013 or so, that would be wonderful. After all, just look at what the PS3 and 360 are still capable of doing. Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes proves that there is still room for pushing both consoles to the limit. An open world, stealth action game. You'd never expect that from Hideo Kojima. Now the most epic storytelling can finally make its way into an open world game.

Note: start at around 7 min. to jump to the gameplay portion of the game.

Now imagine how far the next Driver could be taken. Various vehicles to use, besides just cars, new uses for shift, possible on foot gameplay, etc.
    Last edited by PeaceMaker_101; 09-08-2012 at 08:53 PM.
    My Xbox Live gamertag: WiriestFoot4

I've been playing plenty of Sleeping Dogs. I got to say that back with GTAIV I thought the classic (2-PL) Driver was made obsolete, but Sleeping Dogs ups the ante even higher. This time you really are an undercover cop who chases people on foot, fights and has all the dark detective quirks.

It's wrong to ask to copy, but Reflections really should look at Sleeping Dogs along with L.A Noire and other similiar games while making next Driver. The one thing they should emphasize is of course driving. Tanner might be a(n undercover) cop but driving is his A-game. A cop still can't do everything from behind the wheel. Occassionally he needs to get out of car to chase runners, ask questions or stop criminal activities (or work with criminals to build trust) or simply go home after a patrol. Another thing are the cities. The competitors only have 1 city, albeit highly detailed. But Driver1-PL would have been pretty boring if there was only 1 city. So next Driver should once again involve a global case that forces Tanner to go from Detroit to Rome to St. Petersburgh, or from Philadelphia to Stockholm to Delhi, or from Seattle to Adelaide to Praque. Multiple unique places that haven't been used to death in games.

Whether they give this or the ultimate party driving game (locally too) I will buy it
    Last edited by kalle90; 09-29-2012 at 05:54 PM.
    Warning: Everything above is an opinion
    The show must go on
    What is this Splinter Cell you talk about?

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast