Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Driver | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by driverseriesfan View Post
    Will or do you think that they will bring back on-foot? I know that on foot will be too much of a clone to GTA AND I know that the frachise wants the game to be like the original in its roots, but if there won't be any on-foot mechanic, then I might switch over to the GTA series if it comes on the Wii U. If GTA won't ever come on the Wii U, then I might seitch to a shooting game. That is how much I like on-foot action. So, do you think that Driver will bring back on-foot action? This decision will only make me decide on what to do. Please answer me as soon as possible. Thanks L)

I don't think it will matter. It will still be by Ubisoft and therefore rediculously useless.

WOW!!! That Rigs of Rods game looks cool!!! haha

I installed the free version of Tricky Truck last night and it won't start up, gives me a window to change graphics options, and when I hit start it disappears. Damn, I'll have to try again. Also tried downloading RoR, and my download cut off around 90%!!! Damnit! Now my PC can't download crap either! F my internet!!!

I like the hotswapping, not as fast as shift but thats fine. And if I had to choose between shift and on foot, I'd take out shift. Its nice, but it doesn't bring as much to the table gameplay-wise

As for the next Driver, bring the realism with the physics, and let the rest go crazy.

[EDIT]^I got Tricky Truck to work, apparently you NEED 2GB RAM to play it, which I thought seemed a bit excessive given its somewhat basic graphics, but I guess the guy pogrammed it that way. I only have one gig, and after looking at their forums figured I'd try out lower settings, works fine now, though I wish the view was controlled by mouse instead of WASD, its kinda backwards from other PC games, but maybe I'll get used to it. Now, time to install RoR and see if I still wanna buy the full version of TT after that, mwahaha!!!

[EDIT 2] Damn, RoR needs a good cpu too, I can get it to work on the absolute lowest settings and its still slow. Well, guess I'll look back into that when I get a new PC. Tricky Truck is hard! (good thing) I wish there was some kind of free roam though, probably won't buy the full version
    Last edited by J_Frumpleberg; 01-17-2012 at 01:46 AM.

For the next Driver. Well I have 2 points to make.

Licensed vehicles SHOULD STAY. It markets better and it offers something unique compared to GTA and other free roam games. Believe me, it's the biggest reason why I loved DSF so much. So they should stay. However, if they can add more realistic damage, it would be awesome. And why would you want to blow something up? That's totally GTA in ym view. Driver's enjoyment doesn't come in wrecking and destroying, it comes from gameplay and cars and chases. I understand the fun point of view, but it is unnecessary in the long run.

ON FOOT. Yes I would welcome it back. HOWEVER, NO GUNS. It's useless. Guns and chases don't go well together. The only way for guns is to make them in a cinematic and not in a chase where you can shoot to stop the car. There are other things to do when on foot without using guns and it would not be pointless without guns at all. For example, on foot could be used to get in some places that wouldn't be possible with your car, it can be used to activate switches or active the garage door and ofcourse on foot is for stealing cars too. It adds replay-ability and boost it up even more. All they need to do in order to avoid guns is to make:

Proper hills and countryside
    Proper jumps off a freeway
    No invisible walls (some of them are acceptable but others are not)
    On foot like Driver 2
    Keep shift ONLY in free ride if they want, BUT NOT IN THE STORY

Oh and I want a harder game, harder than D1 if possible. Maybe add 3 difficulty levels so that everyone will be happy.
    But all in all, I feel that licensed cars and Driver go extremely well together and I can never go back to unlicensed cars for pure driving enjoyment. With unlicensed cars, I won;t get cockpit view and cockpit view is the best thing ever in a game like driver where the focus is the chase and the cars.
    Last edited by Assassin_Hun73r; 01-18-2012 at 12:40 PM.

I understand the fun point of view, but it is unnecessary in the long run.
    Actually fun is quite necesary in videogames. Why do you think nobody is playing this game anymore? Its not that fun. Sure, there is some fun to be had with chases, but you can only do so much. Destruction is part of the fun, and its just not possible in DSF, the damage looks good, but you can't do enough of it

I do like licensed cars, but you just can't do enough with them

To let this game really become great, we need to stop comparing it with GTA and removing gameplay thats similar to other games. Reflections are limiting the replay value severly by removing freedom. Yes, the first Driver was only driving, because it was on PS1, after they programmed in the awesome physics, there wasn't any room left for more gameplay, just look at Driver 2's framerate!!! Now its been 10 years and they want to remove all the gameplay they've built on top of that because someone else is doing the same thing? Make our game better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J_Frumpleberg View Post
    Actually fun is quite necesary in videogames. Why do you think nobody is playing this game anymore? Its not that fun. Sure, there is some fun to be had with chases, but you can only do so much. Destruction is part of the fun, and its just not possible in DSF, the damage looks good, but you can't do enough of it

I do like licensed cars, but you just can't do enough with them

To let this game really become great, we need to stop comparing it with GTA and removing gameplay thats similar to other games. Reflections are limiting the replay value severly by removing freedom. Yes, the first Driver was only driving, because it was on PS1, after they programmed in the awesome physics, there wasn't any room left for more gameplay, just look at Driver 2's framerate!!! Now its been 10 years and they want to remove all the gameplay they've built on top of that because someone else is doing the same thing? Make our game better!!!
    I actually agree. That's why I said that on foot needs to return but just not the guns because they may take away what makes driver unique. So on foot like driver 2 would be great. However they need to add stuff that you can do with on foot like activating switches and stuff like opening your garage.

As for licensed cars. I just can never have unlicensed cars anymore simply because it feels way better with a real car with real interiors and cockpit views. It feels great and makes it more unique. In my view, it makes the game more fun. But they need to add on foot like D2 and expand it, keep shift for free drive and leave licensed cars because driver feels more complete with them.

In my opinion, licensed cars somehow make the game feel cheaper. They're practically indestructible. Thats not to say that the damage modeling looked bad, because it certainly looked good, but its the same every time! I remember Reflections speaking of real-time car damage being in Driv3r, which turned out not to be true. It also doesn't help having "training wheels" to keep you from flipping or crashing in an entertaining manner.

I'd like to see them do more with on foot than just guns, but guns are a big part of an action game, and to let us walk around without guns would be an incredibly stupid idea for a franchise that has the last nail halfway in the coffin

I'd hate to do it after supporting the franchise all these years, but I may abandon the series. Sorry folks. Great car physics will only get you so far, especially when they're negated with other stupid decisions

[EDIT]
    Now GTA has out-Drivered Driver!!!
    Last edited by J_Frumpleberg; 01-19-2012 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Frumpleberg View Post
    In my opinion, licensed cars somehow make the game feel cheaper. They're practically indestructible. Thats not to say that the damage modeling looked bad, because it certainly looked good, but its the same every time! I remember Reflections speaking of real-time car damage being in Driv3r, which turned out not to be true. It also doesn't help having "training wheels" to keep you from flipping or crashing in an entertaining manner.

I'd like to see them do more with on foot than just guns, but guns are a big part of an action game, and to let us walk around without guns would be an incredibly stupid idea for a franchise that has the last nail halfway in the coffin

I'd hate to do it after supporting the franchise all these years, but I may abandon the series. Sorry folks. Great car physics will only get you so far, especially when they're negated with other stupid decisions

[EDIT]
    Now GTA has out-Drivered Driver!!!
    But still, licensed cars should stay as it would offer something different to GTA and GTA would offer something different to Driver. GTA would be as it should, about mass havoc and explosions and stuff, while driver would be like D2 with on foot, LICENSED CARS with cockpit view and all the driver physics enjoyment + chases that GTA lack.

If only reflections would get rid of some invisible walls to make falling of a free way possible, slightly more car rolls and on foot like D2 where you can do stuff with your character, it would be much better. Oh and more countryside and other non drive able places should be added so that we can drive in them. Driving all the time on the road is not the way to go.

Driver does not need guns. Or at least add guns when on foot only, not when in a chase. I don't want 2 GTA;s. I want a GTA and a Driver. What I can't get in GTA (chases, and cars and car interiors), I get with driver and vice versa with GTA (where driver won't have that havoc and explosions and a gangster feel to it).

I just can't see Driver without licensed cars.

I wouldn't like a racing game where you have to walk. It's Driver, not Walker

Driver San Francisco is in my eyes the best arcade racing game ever made. It's pretty much perfect and has really cool stuff in it. The only problem IMO is that advertising and support weren't as good as they needed to be. I first heard of this game in november and had to buy it instantly.

Here we go with the name game again, the weakest argument against on foot...

They definately didn't advertise the game, quite a shame after all the time and money they spent buying the franchise and polishing this game. And they apparently said they wanted this game to be as big as Assassins Creed. HA! Good luck, maybe its not too late for a second ad campaign push, though the game has already been marked down to $30 I believe. Wish I waited

As for licensed cars, Driver never had them before and it was just fine, the last two games we could blow up cars. DSF just feels like a mini game, theres no depth to it
    Last edited by J_Frumpleberg; 01-19-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Far Cry 3 Elite Member DapperHayden007's Avatar
    Shift was Innovative and a great thing don't get me wrong. But Driver 3 was the best driver to date and that you could walk, Swim, Drive boats e.c.t. It actually competed with GTA and that was the main thing. Also the Drawbridges!!!! They were the MOST fun. They also need to close the alleyways a little more on DSF they were too wide.
    Other things on Driver3 - Truck can Attach Trailer!

Oh and the next driver has to make it so you can join a RANDOM game and play with 15 other RANDOM players, not only FRIENDS!

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast