Thread: Removing starforce and playing the game | Forums

For those of you who have removed the controversial 'Starforce'...were you still able to play Silent Hunter III normally ?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

i tried to remove it useing the remove tool. but soon as you restart and try to run the game it reinstalles star force and asks you to restart again.

i tried runing game once more with no luck at all. i have not been able to get the **** game to run all day just gives me cd install key error every single time. i have tried the key code with the - and without and even with spaces still no luck.

There are 2 ways to remove starforce from what I know. 1 is to use the 'clean' programm, and the other is to 'uninstall' starforce - someone here posted a link to a site that tells you hot to do it manually.

Your problem needs special attention.
    If I had two computers I would move all the information to the slower one, Format the hard disk of the newer one and install SHIII on that.
    If that does not work, (its a last desperate measure) I would contact UBI bigtime.

PS: There are other peoples who claim to have a faulty CD key. You should see how they solve their problem.
    As for me - Ill tell you my luck tomorrow when I get the game.

You couldnt remove SF using driver remove utility, it reinstalls driver once you will run game again.
    Why didnt you guys ask UBI support on it? They will help you. Just provide UBI support with system and error information using "Information" button on errer screen.