Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mac - Splinter Cell Conviction patch 1.01 release | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Patch notes:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>Updated UplayBrowser and Ubisoft Game Launcher to resolve the issues with the game launch and the UI glitches.

Proper pop-up message displayed when attempting to launch the game without Ubisoft Game Launcher on Polish, Czech, Russian and Spanish versions.

The MSAA setting availability now works as following:
    -********* Videocards with less than 256 MB RAM: MSAA available on resolutions up to 800*600.
    -********* Videocards with the 256 MB RAM and 512 MB RAM: MSAA available on resolutions up to 1280*720.
    -********* Videocards with the 1 GB RAM: MSAA available on resolutions up to 1600*900.

2560*1440 resolution is not supported.[/list]

The Ubi Launcher should automatically update your game, providing you are connected to the internet - however should you wish to install the patch manually, here is a direct link:

http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/spl...ictionPatch_1.01.pkg

Remember if you have any issues installing the patch, please contact Ubisoft Support directly.
    Last edited by Black_Widow9; 02-15-2012 at 10:34 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Okay great, the new uplay UI is cool, some resolution stuff. How about fixing multiplayer for Mac? I've had the game 3 + weeks and the stupid servers are still unavailable.

Love the game, but my goodness, please make MP work for Mac!

Agreed Vrajak...

The same issue has been plaguing me. I bought the game and then gifted it to a friend so we could play and the servers are never available for me.

Frustrated.

How come the link does NOT work?!

I bought this game tonight and the launcher refuses to get me into the game. I am having the same problem many others are having and that is the problem in which the UBISOFT launcher tells me I am not connected to the internet when I have full unrestricted high-speed internet access. I also have a brand new Mac Book Pro.

I bought this game via STEAM and have tried every fix available in these forums and on google. The 1.01 patch does not work for steam because the game is technically not installed but rather runs through steam as a secondary app.

I am posting a screenshot showing the exact message that the UBISOFT launcher says as well as the error message that the patcher is giving me! Please help me! I don't have $26 dollars to flush down the toilet on a game that I was extremely excited for from a series I have been playing since the beginning! Thank you for your help!

Michael

Originally posted by mvollrath0218:
    I am posting a screenshot showing the exact message that the UBISOFT launcher says as well as the error message that the patcher is giving me!

http://oi54.tinypic.com/314xvg5.jpg
    Hi,

For this Internet Connection Error, have you tried Deleting, and/or Editing the HOSTS file ? I've posted a Solution under this Topic, so kindly go through it carefully. You can also delete the Hosts file, but first make a Backup.

I apologize, If you are already aware of this, and have tried it before:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1014258/m/8011035129

-------------------------------------------

Thank you for your timely reply and yes I have viewed your topic. However, you said to only edit the hosts file if there was information regarding ubisoft or anything below the localhost line and in my case there was not so i decided to leave it untouched. should i now attempt to delete the file with a backup somewhere first?

Thank you for your timely reply and yes I have viewed your topic. However, you said to only edit the hosts file if there was information regarding ubisoft or anything below the localhost line and in my case there was not so i decided to leave it untouched. should i now attempt to delete the file with a backup somewhere first?
    Ok then, try to Delete or move this file from it's Default Location under MAC OS, and then try launching/playing the game....

But make sure you make a Backup first.

-----------------------------------------

Still no luck unfortunately. Could it be possible that my network/router is blocking a necessary port? My PS3 can download full games, watch netflix, and do everything else except play online in games like CoD. However, friends of mine who have their xbox360 here have no problems getting on via the same wireless network.

Still no luck unfortunately. Could it be possible that my network/router is blocking a necessary port? My PS3 can download full games, watch netflix, and do everything else except play online in games like CoD. However, friends of mine who have their xbox360 here have no problems getting on via the same wireless network.
    UPDATE: nevermind about the internet proxy because i just found the router and unplugged it and ran an ethernet cable directly into my mac and splinter cell still won't start. i know the connection was good because everything else was blazing fast and unrestricted

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast