Page 3 of 197 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed 3 (and beyond) #2.0 | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Season Pass Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Originally posted by Pex3650:
    In my opinion, I've been waiting for moreinfo on the story of Desmond, so I'd prefer that AC3 would take place in 2012, with Desmond looking for the other temples.
    yeah 2012 or japan would be cool. but seeing one in 2012 would be sick.

Well, I'm gonna just repeat myself again because I haven't got a life and all I do is troll these forums.... I think that the game should be set in India for the following reasons...

First of all, there is a possibility that one of Altiar or Ezio's descendants could have come to India because India was very open to trade. I'm sure that one of Altair's descendants could have arrived in India during one of the countless invasions from the Middle East. India has also had a very long history of trade with Europe and the middle east so a descendant may have arrived via land or sea disguised as a merchant.

Secondly, the Mughal Empire (the period I reckon the game should be set) was a very intriguing time in India and there was tonnes of corruption and conspiracies. The period would lend itself nicely to the AC type storyline (betrayal and revenge). Oh and India has its fair share of temples and other magnificent structures that could be used as one of the temples that Desmond is seeking.

Thirdly, India's architecture would be ideal for AC style gameplay. The streets are pretty tight and the houses are bunched up close to each other. And again, there are tonnes of monuments that (I'm sure everyone agrees) would be AWESOME to climb.... Taj Mahal anyone???

Fourthly, we've had the Middle East, we've had Europe.... why not have Middle Asia now??

Those are all the reasons I can think of now...

P.S. If it can't be in India, I vote for China or Japan.

WW2 i think is a bad idea. Part of the point of being an assassin is its an acient tradition to kill people silently WW2 kills were not silent as a rule. I also think when they introduce guns into the game i will stop playing. As i have played so many gun/War related games and am sick of then. Crossbows, bows and Arrows that sort of thing, Throwing knives and abbriviated weapons (as in a tiny pistol inside your wrist blade) are as far as i can take it. I think an introduction of Modernish guns would ruin the aspect of the AC gmaes the acientness of the first two games was for me all part of the enjoyment keep the game in history before the introduction of guns.

Otherwise it will just turn into another Call of Duty or Splinter Cell which i am sick of to say the least. Also how many games have done the whole silently killing with guns, loads Splinter Cell just to name one. AC is, at the mo very original, there is nothing else out there like it and i feel to introduce guns and mordernish (am aware that the WW2 weapons were not modern compared to todays weapons but i do think a WW2 scenario would ruin the AC experience for me) weapons would well and truly ruin the orignality of these games. So if we stuck to no history period after 1800 i think that would be good, am aware they had primitive guns back then and also cannons and the like but i think that would be ok its just when you start getting assassins using had grenades and AK-47's i think it would just get silly after that IMO.

I dont personally think location is massively improtant (Italy will take some beating if they do decide to move away from the great nation please dont by the way agin IMO their is not a more entertaining history period) but if it was the UK i think that would be Dull, as extensive as British history is its all very serious and boring unlike the flamboinescy of the Italians.

I really dont think the game should move away from Italy maybe from Ezio and co yes but not from Italy it makes for such pleasent gaming. Nothing in British history compares to Italian its all very dull in comparison the characters are just not as entertaining IMO.

Originally posted by opisamra:
    Well, I'm gonna just repeat myself again because I haven't got a life and all I do is troll these forums.... I think that the game should be set in India for the following reasons...

First of all, there is a possibility that one of Altiar or Ezio's descendants could have come to India because India was very open to trade. I'm sure that one of Altair's descendants could have arrived in India during one of the countless invasions from the Middle East. India has also had a very long history of trade with Europe and the middle east so a descendant may have arrived via land or sea disguised as a merchant.

Secondly, the Mughal Empire (the period I reckon the game should be set) was a very intriguing time in India and there was tonnes of corruption and conspiracies. The period would lend itself nicely to the AC type storyline (betrayal and revenge). Oh and India has its fair share of temples and other magnificent structures that could be used as one of the temples that Desmond is seeking.

Thirdly, India's architecture would be ideal for AC style gameplay. The streets are pretty tight and the houses are bunched up close to each other. And again, there are tonnes of monuments that (I'm sure everyone agrees) would be AWESOME to climb.... Taj Mahal anyone???

Fourthly, we've had the Middle East, we've had Europe.... why not have Middle Asia now??

Are you Indian, per chance?

Thank god WW2 is out i would not have been happy woith that stear clear of periods with guns involved i think that will ruin a massive aspect of the game.

And by guns i mean silly ott guns, ther was nothing wrong with the cheeky pistola.

Originally posted by Ru1986:
    Thank god WW2 is out i would not have been happy woith that stear clear of periods with guns involved i think that will ruin a massive aspect of the game.

And by guns i mean silly ott guns, ther was nothing wrong with the cheeky pistola.
    You mean, other than it being cheeky, of course.

Originally posted by austin128:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by opisamra:

Are you Indian, per chance?
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HOW DID YOU KNOW!!! ahahahahahaha!! Well yeah obviously but I was born and raised in Australia. I'd ask for the game to be set down here but that would be horrible. So I'm going to keep repeating myself until they give me India...... or they announce where AC3 is going to be set.

Originally posted by lilbacchant:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:

You mean, other than it being cheeky, of course. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL it was a fatastic addition to the game and i was very happy with it. Maybe if you had got it earlier to gain more benefits from it. But then if you have the DLC there plenty of oportunity to use it isn't there.

Originally posted by kaltivater:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fairus60:
    Nah, WW2 has been overused, I dont think we´ll see that soon, I expect more French Revolution or Victorian England, I definetly dont wish we go to japan, at least not in a major entry to the series, I just dont feel it would be that original, same feeling for egypt
    I think it could be done in a way that has not been covered in WWII games. Especially, if you take into consideration the French resistance as well as espionage on both sides. I think an Assassin in Berlin would be fairly intriguing. when you think about how Hitler confiscated so much art and there were the book burnings. Also, a setting like Stalingrad would be interesting. So many of the codex pages reference WWII age photography, I think if someone can pull off WWII in a way we haven't yet viewed it, it would be Ubi >.< </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

will likey not happen

"I don't see why we would do a World War II setting. We could do it, it would be fine. Like, let's go assassinate Hitler. But really? I know everyone's asking for a Japanese 'Assassin's Creed,' but I've been talking to some Japanese people and they're like, 'Don't do it. We do our own historical thing.' I've been fighting a lot saying it's not going to be a ninja, but then I'm like, why not? But I ask myself, how many games can we make in World War II? That's maybe the only [setting] I'd say is not interesting to me."

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com...-war-2-anytime-soon/

Page 3 of 197 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast