Ladies and Gentlemen start your engines....or at least your Upgrade Launchers to update your Beta Build! I assure you, you'll love the new Patch! (Please note: After the Installation the Ingame Chat & Teamchat is now on the F5 and F6 key's!)
Here's the offical word from Annecy:
First of all, we wish to thank all of you for your feedback on the game. The forums were very active and the bugs database grew regularly. This is pretty cool. Our feeling is that you like the gamedesign modifications we did compared to Pandora Tomorrow, the game seems still balanced and is running quite fine. So we are quite happy about the way this beta test is going.
Still, your feedback have led us to make a few changes and a patch is about to be released.
We have changed a few gadgets that you felt were not useful enough:
- The Tazer's range has been modified (it's simpler to taze a spy)
- The Flares remain active much longer but you can no longer refill on ammunitions box. Also there is a 4sec delay between two shots. ClubHouse is not a very dark level so you may not find if much more useful. But on other maps like Museum2 it will be very strong. So please try it.
- The Heart Beat Sensor is now much stronger : it detects a merc immediately and shows his position on the radar. Please give us some feedback on it.
- The Laser Mine no longer produces sound. A spy will have to use his thermal vision to detect them (as in Pandora Tomorrow)
- The spy trap no longer informs a spy once it has marked him
- Once it has detected a spy, the Presence Detector can no longer be removed or fired as long as it is active.
- The shotgun's damages have been increased too.
Also you now have an option at the bottom of the keyboard menu that enables you to choose how you wish to use the mouse wheel : either for quick gadget selection or for speed mode. Also an icon is now displayed onscreen when you are in slow speed mode. You can also use Alt key in keyboard configuration.
The servers list filters are now saved and the information about the servers displayed are updated regularly. Names in friends list are now sorted by alphabetical order. Clients can leave the lobby room before the server launches the game.
We have also fixed a number of bugs. As this post is already a bit big, I will enumerate just a few of them:
- a spy will not produce any sound when doing a soft landing on clients (it was working on the host only)
- sometimes the spy could be seen in EMF vision after using his binocular
- a few bugs were fixed regarding the blinking Friends menu
- you cannot exit the console with the console key anymore
- sticky cam can no longer be heard from a long distance anymore
- the camo suit will work fine on ATI Radeon 9000 and 9200
Finally here are some stuff on which we would like to have more feedback:
- please play in ranking mode. It doesn't change anything and it helps us see if there are any bugs on this
- if you have not done so before, we would appreciate that you use all servers options (tutor, alternate, games in a row, revenge, random maps and of course all game modes).
Hope you will enjoy this patch!
Please note we intend to pursue the beta process for about two more weeks. This gives you enough time to evaluate the changes we made, enjoy the game and give us some feedback.
- Ubisoft Annecy, developers of the Splinter Cell Versus Mode