Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't change the resolution in Myst 4 | Forums

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    The configuration tool also does not detect my videocard or videocard memory
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The configuration tool don't detects very well your videocard if you have very old drivers.

It's recomeneded to have the video drivers updated.

Equisilus solution will work well, but be sure that the MaxiumResX and MaxiumResY are supported by your monitor (this will happen only if you have a very old monitor, for example I have here an old monitor that allows a maxium resolution of 800x600)

There are also other config files where you can change other things, but be sure that you know what are you doing.
    ~Almlys

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I can't change the resolution to 800x600 and 1024x768 in Myst 4

The configuration tool also does not detect my videocard or videocard memory

I have a geforce fx 5600 with 256MB RAM

Any help?

Not sure if this will help, but there's a file called detect_config.ini in the bin subdirectory in the path where you installed Myst IV. In that file you'll see something like this:

[Detection.GameOptions]
    MaximumResX=1024
    MaximumResY=768
    SuggestedResX=800
    SuggestedResY=600
    GraphicsQuality=2

I have my game set at 1024x768 (as you can see), so perhaps you can edit this file directly and see if it works for you. Save a backup of the file to switch back to in case it messes something up (although config files are usually editable in this fashion).

Almlys, did you notice that the time/date of your reply is actually before my post? Is this a forum issue or a problem with your account (or with mine, although my date was correct for when I posted)? Makes it hard to find threads when you are going by date of replies and the reply pushes the thread to the bottom of the page rather than the top. Erg.

Sorry, it was an infopop/eve bug, some replyes that I did where pushed to the bottom of some forums.

It is not my fault if a company likes to waste a lot of money on a buggy piece of forum software that ***** when they have several hundreds of alternative more stable solutions like Invision Power Board and other ones.
    ~Almlys

What are the various resolutions that Myst 4 can support? Can it do 1280x1024 ?

1024x768 is the max resolution
    ---------
    GoG: 54353 Tapestry: 284201

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AFGNCAAP:
    1024x768 is the max resolution <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bleh, that's garbage, especially for us with LCD monitors that require a higher resolution. 1024x768 on a 1280x1024 LCD screen looks blurry.

Yes, it sux mightily. But this has been discussed heatedly and Maztec has put the query to Ubisoft, perhaps a patch can cure this ridiculous oversight.

Has anyone tried setting the MaximumResX/MaximumResY values to 1600x1200 or some other value to see what happens? Does the game load? Might want to set the suggested values that way also.. Poke around and see if you can actually set the values perse for that...

Hmmm, hopefully they allow a windowed mode or something similar in a patch, we'll see. Haven't got a lot of info back on this yet. And thanks gr0ss
    ---
    Consider this a disclaimer, unless otherwise stated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast