Thread: METERS!!! | Forums

I looked at the depth guage and say it was measured in meters! And I cant find a way to change it!
    LIFE, LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF ALL WHO THREATEN IT.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I looked at the depth guage and say it was measured in meters! And I cant find a way to change it!

you don't pay attention do ya ..read the bug fix that is going to be released....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bunkerratt:
    you don't pay attention do ya ..read the bug fix that is going to be released.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    No I guess I dont.

I am somewhat surprised to learn about this Unit of Measurement problem and the patch solution announced.

Allow me to quote an answer from AudibleKnight, US UBI Community Manager, to a question regarding this subject precisely (thread at http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...51021115/p/2):

Q: Taifu_Noodle: What units of measurement will SH4 use?
    A: Silent Hunter 3 used the same measurements system as the Kriegsmarine - based on the metric system. For Wolves of the Pacific, we will of course use the imperial system since this is the historical solution. However, we are considering to have the game switch to metric as an option.

What did happen during development for this "feature" to be handled the other way around?

It looks like they started to make it in imperial, then some fat greasy just had lunch and its on my tie and chin, came in to the developement office and said "um never mind i like it in metric instead"