Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Ubisoft Signature Design Group Home Thread #2 | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

hey there everyone! This is the official home page for the Unofficial Ubisoft Signature Design Group! Or the UUSDG for short.
    the first home thread
    The Animus effect-
    The UUSDG's beginnings
    Basically, this thread will be for members of the Group to bounce off ideas, chat about design related subjects, and help one another to get better in the area. Also, join this group for the official UUSDG! http://forums.ubi.com/group.php?groupid=27 Remember that if you're in the group, you should incorporate this image: LINK: http://img.skitch.com/20110101...1cgkcq32q35j6pua.png into your signature for ease of everyone else to identify you. I'll update the roster for each person who joins as well.and to show that your sigs are part of the UUSDG, show: LINK: http://img.skitch.com/20110214...273rcn6n98atcfpk.png also, just as a reminder in case anyone forgets. The signature limits for this forum are under 60kb and must be, at the most, 500x150 pixels. lest your sig be replaced by:
    If you want to make .PNG sigs without optimizations, please use a size of 375 px x 75 px. This the size that is A-OKAY for 60KB.If you still prefer the normal size, you can save them in either .GIF or PNG-8 image. However, soft edges (such as shadows) will be sacrificed, in replace, the edges will become rough. Picture quality may also degrade.here are the links to each request thread opened so far: signature (and avatar) request thread #3 AC:B Multiplayer Signature Request Thread #2 EndWar Signature Request Thread Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Signature Request Thread
    The Signature Challenge:It'll be a two-in-one challenge - all connected to one another:The first one is create a typography of any kind you like - be it a comprehension (for reading), title (effects) or art (creativity).Second, using the typography, design a sig in minimalism style or clean.The size required is 500 px x 150 px or smaller, at 60KB and it can be .PNG, .GIF or .JPG.Boxed sig is okay - however, a generic box (with just a sharp black/white/colored line frame or no frames at all) is not allowed. Boxed sig will need more than a thin frame, find or design a thicker and/or creative frame that complements the whole design.Custom shaped sig is highly recommended.The aim of this challenge is to create a pleasing yet attractive design with minimal elements put in. Good luck & happy designing.
    Known Members of UUSDG:
    Zeejay21
    SlimeDynamiteD
    d1sturbedme_468
    T0xicLotus
    Blind2Society
    Skuldpt
    livfreorletmedi
    triforceman5
    rocketxsurgeon
    sbredflag
    Isaac500MonsterJunkese

resources:
    deviantart (brushes, C4D's, etc; dafont.com (fonts) planet renders (mattes) obsidiandawn(brushes)Note: Please do not confuse renders as image cut-outs (stocks or otherwise); those are called mattes. Renders are drawn/generated images, mattes are cut images.Please remember.some good design links/tips:http://www.elated.com/articles...oshop-smart-objects/
    here's the Dirty Transparency action for those with PhotoShop:http://www.mediafire.com/?r1adbgtlmn41o10To install it:http://www.techzilo.com/instal...-gradients-patterns/More on PhotoShop Action:http://veerle-v2.duoh.com/blog..._a_photoshop_action/And here's where I got the Dirty Transparency technique (as well as some other pretty cool PNG optimizations):http://www.smashingmagazine.co...mization-techniques/
    PHOTOSHOP USER TV PSDTUTS+ GIMP TUTS GIMP KNOW HOW free textures photoshop plugin (alien skin) color value definition and explanation creative mornings Designs and interviews Ahxakri's Signature Tutorial lighting and shading how to comprehend and work with clients Composition (Rule of Thirds) Typography Layer masking (an alternate of cutting images)
    Signatures 101:- Creating sigs are not just about pretty, cool & amazing images. It's about representing the person or a community.- Don't limit yourself just to create images in rectangular boxes, try custom shapes like ovals or hexagonal (use .PNG or .GIF when you saved for the web).- If text are needed, use a suitable font with the whole theme of the sig or create a compatible mix; make the text readable if you want the viewer to read by changing either it's size, proportions, placement and colors.- Always experiment with designs - don't just follow tutorials, practice and then stop there; always look for fresh ideas. And, just a reminder for everyone, while UUSDG design sigs, it concentrates more on core digital design knowledge and improves on it. We are more into giving out tips and, if able to, tutorials. This is to make people as better designers not just in skill but also in discipline. okay fellas, with the expansions date I set for myself almost here, this should be one of the final posts about it.
    Happy Crafting to ya'll now!
    Last edited by d1sturbedme_468; 02-09-2012 at 09:11 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Nice to see page one again. PirateRob i have created my part of your sig now just waiting for approval from Skuldpt.

awesome hibee thank you

Thanks to HIBEE12 and Skuldpt for the sig
    Xbox: TH3D0CT0R11

It's going to look awesome!!! Oh and on the previous thread you were asking what was Inkscape for?! Here is the answer:

Inkscape is used for vectorial image and used to create paths, you can make realistic stuff or unrealistic like computer icons, social network icon, can use it to create templates, walpapers, full signatures, bases, gradients and anything else it comes to your mind. I recommended Inkscape to use on base making, because there are tons of people that can't create them on GIMP/Photoshop, when I started I was a complete n00b and started to use Inkscape because is way easier and free! Inkscape is to Adobe Illustrator like GIMP is for Adobe Photoshop!

Examples:

Woman
    Cup of Tea
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FbkI...A/s1600/inkscape.jpg Letter S
    Car
    Letter S #2

Damn! Now I have to turn off my nerd switch!

Founder of the -GAT- Clan
    I make signatures!

I thought you guys would have kept the other thread since it's a different type of thread.

The "New PoP Deathbringers" Team My Twitter/PSN: Ted95On
    "Beauty slept and angels wept for her immortal soul, in this response all evil chose to claim her for their very own."

Nah, this is just a continuation of the first home thread :P it hit page 99, so we had to move.

@skulpdt: ah, I've already learned how to make vectors in Gimp at will. So it might be a bit useless to me xD

Originally posted by sgt_brent
    If I told you, then I'd have to mark and execute you..

Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
    I've already learned how to make vectors in Gimp at will.
    What are your methods? Maybe make a vid.

Originally posted by persiateddy95:
    I thought you guys would have kept the other thread since it's a different type of thread.
    forum rules dictate that once a thread hits 99, we start a new one. figured it out in the past hat for some reason, too many 100+ page threads causes the forum server to get all screwed up. there's a few exceptions, but the more popular on-going threads go by this rule.

JohnKarp.com | deviantART | Model Mayhem
    "It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."
    - Haruhara Haruko

^See!? See!?^

i just noticed, i can create a shortcut between the sig request threads for the AC and AC Multiplayer if you guys want to link the two. it would be one less to check, but that's entirely up to you guys. it will mean closing one of them first and having one consistent thread. just an idea...

JohnKarp.com | deviantART | Model Mayhem
    "It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."
    - Haruhara Haruko

Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast