Thread: AI Refueling | Forums

How do I go about getting an AI plane to refuel from an airborne tanker? I set, for example, a KC-10 on a refueling track at a certain waypoint, assigning it the purpose of refueling, also. But how to I tell an airplane to refuel with that tanker at a certain waypoint near the tanker track? Do I need AWACS for the AI too?

Thanks.

How do I go about getting an AI plane to refuel from an airborne tanker? I set, for example, a KC-10 on a refueling track at a certain waypoint, assigning it the purpose of refueling, also. But how to I tell an airplane to refuel with that tanker at a certain waypoint near the tanker track? Do I need AWACS for the AI too?

Thanks.

I would also like to know the answer to this. Is it not possible?

http://sierrahotel10.tripod.com/vfa-25sig

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sean18mb:

Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The AI won't refuel unless they're low on go juice. Then they'll head for either an airbase or tanker, whichever is closer. So, to have them refuel, start them off with a light fuel load and fly them close to the tanker track.

HC

Speaking of refueling... how do I do that while flying.. I've set up countless mission where it's just a tanker and me in a a-10 .. the plane just keeps flying.. never bothering to give me any fuel.

I found my problem. I didn't have the refuel waypoint close enough, so my fighter ran out of fuel before the tanker hit refuel waypoint

/Nasder, "I came, I saw, I got shot down."

ASUS PAG8X Deluxe
    P4 2.53Ghz
    512 DDR
    Radeon 9700 Pro
    Soundblaster Live value!
    Saitek X45

[This message was edited by Nasder on Fri January 02 2004 at 04:04 AM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HarvenDEJ:
    Speaking of refueling... how do I do that while flying.. I've set up countless mission where it's just a tanker and me in a a-10 .. the plane just keeps flying.. never bothering to give me any fuel.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Set the tankers task to refueling and change the waypoints from turnpoint to refueling.
    Then when you get close open your refueling boom.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HarvenDEJ:
    Speaking of refueling... how do I do that while flying.. I've set up countless mission where it's just a tanker and me in a a-10 .. the plane just keeps flying.. never bothering to give me any fuel.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fly up behind him and press the "R" key. There's a tutorial out there with voice that explains some of the finer points in refueling. You can get it on Ironhand's site. The guy's flying a Russian jet but the basics are the same.

HC

..he he..

Cheers,
    JJ -

I made a mission where I set the tanker's task to refueling but did not set the waypoints to refueling... I left them as turning point. I still refueled without any problems. Just make sure the tanker doesn't run out of waypoints.