Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does it work like the previous Drivers? | Forums

Hi!
    I am just wondering.... Does this new Driver work like the old ones? As in yiu can park the car anywhere and walk around? Or is it all just racing? I really enjoyed just cruising around in the old Drivers
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

No. You don't walk around, like Driver 1.

Originally posted by ibc718:
    Hi!
    I am just wondering.... Does this new Driver work like the old ones? As in yiu can park the car anywhere and walk around? Or is it all just racing? I really enjoyed just cruising around in the old Drivers
    If they added on foot, that would be an entirely 2nd game to develop and integrate with driving. They're focused solely on driving action.
    --------------
    Driver SF2, include: Everything from DSF and... More freedom to explore: Open Parking Lots, Offroad hills, forests, bring us into a Rural Setting, customizable options, lots of RAMPS again and corkscrew wooden bridges across ponds, Sportbikes too. And please lose the lame roadside rails, so we can REALLY go off road and fly off without hitting invisible walls.

It wouldn't be a second game, look at GTA, all one game.

Anyway, no walking, but you can "shift" into other cars. Its kind of like Tanner is a ghost and he can fly into other cars and drive them whenever he wants
    DRIVER 6 - my wishlist - Unlicensed Vehicles, Real-Time Car Damage, Car Flipping and Roll-Overs, On Foot AND Shift, Guns, No Invisible Walls, Able to drive of cliffs, jump fences etc, Performance Upgrades, Car Creator basic example, Set up Ramps and Stunts in shift mode, Reduce Framerate to 30fps and add back all the stuff you had to take out, Please and Thank You!!!

OHHH....I see But is it all just racing? Or you can cruise with the car? Thanks for answering

You can drive around with the car too.

YAY! Thanks!

I think the game is largely the same as any other Driver games, but you can not step out of your car
    "The door to safety is shut. There is no turning back..."

Basically the same, only the walking part has been replaced with hovering and no guns. But yes, you can still explore the map at your liesure
    DRIVER 6 - my wishlist - Unlicensed Vehicles, Real-Time Car Damage, Car Flipping and Roll-Overs, On Foot AND Shift, Guns, No Invisible Walls, Able to drive of cliffs, jump fences etc, Performance Upgrades, Car Creator basic example, Set up Ramps and Stunts in shift mode, Reduce Framerate to 30fps and add back all the stuff you had to take out, Please and Thank You!!!

I hope we can gain enough on the Shift meter to just float high above the city or through the city streets as we like with say, 10 minutes of free floating time.

I read you can finish the entire game and all missions without ever Shifting. Source, PS Magazine Official UK.
    --------------
    Driver SF2, include: Everything from DSF and... More freedom to explore: Open Parking Lots, Offroad hills, forests, bring us into a Rural Setting, customizable options, lots of RAMPS again and corkscrew wooden bridges across ponds, Sportbikes too. And please lose the lame roadside rails, so we can REALLY go off road and fly off without hitting invisible walls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast