Thread: HAWX2.exe has stopped working | Forums

Hey there you all. I got this game played it beat it and now when I go to play it says HAWX2.exe has stopped working. I updated everything including my directx files. tried everything that people posted and non of it worked. Anymore ideas? It would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Ok I started the game this morning and I got it to load but when I went to story mode it said "Can not restore connection to server." Then it crashed and said HAWX2.exe has stopped working again and now I can't get it to work again.
    Please help.

Hi there! Have you contacted Ubisoft Support with your issue?

Yes I have and they didn't help at all. They were really nice but that's about it. That's to bad cause There's two assassins creed games that I was going to get and a new Ghost Recon coming out and I'm not getting any of them. Splinter Cell was nothing but problems and now this game. I paid 50 bucks for this game and now I can't play it. Not happy about it one bit.
    Thank you for the suggestion greatly appreciated. Please believe me. Take care

Rest assured, this and other errors are being reported.

Thank you my dear.

Ok got it to work. try this.
    Originally posted by CircusMidget_TS:
    There is an game update coming out today to address various issues with the game and the file dump error message is one of those issues being addressed. The update should prevent the error from happening, but the players already affected by this error will have to use the following workaround:

STEP 1: From the path FOR Vista or Windows 7 => C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games

FOR Windows XP = > C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Documents
    Make sure that the folder “ Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X.2 ” is deleted.

STEP 2: Go to the location of the installed game and create a shortcut of HAWX2.exe

STEP 3: Right click on the shortcut and enter the Properties window. Type “-clear”

at the end of the target. Do not forget to enclose the executable path between “..”

if it contains spaces.

( Example : “E:\Program files\Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2"-clear)

STEP 4: Run the shortcut you created.

As an effect of this action, the saved content will be deleted, the game will create

a new save - any game progress will be lost.

Updates and Fixes for the PC release version 1.01:

1. Added DLC support.
    2. The Uplay browser can be accessed after being minimized.
    3. The Uplay application starts in full screen mode when the game is running in full screen mode.
    4. The game restarts after the player quits Uplay.
    5. The players no longer remain hanged on the "Waiting for other players" screen when they reload an objective.
    6. All the rewards can be unlocked using the mouse.
    7. The client does not remain hanged on infinite search.
    8. The reward selection does not disappear when a reward is unlocked.
    9. Various fixes.

LazyDaze i tried to do what you did but every time i open up my game (i am running windows 7) it shows a black screen and then it goes back to my desktop and says HAWX2.exe has stopped working....
    Please Help
    Darkguthrix

pls help! thanks!

HAWX2.exe has stopped working!
    my problem also! just purchased from steam on 19July2012 !

I can't get in to the game, something wrong with Uplay, always displayed "synchronizing your save games with the cloud", No any response! help~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~