Thread: Joystick control and add ons to 1946 | Forums

I have just loaded 1946 onto a newer Sony laptop and found my CH Fighterstick is not as tight as on the previous laptop. How do I change the calibration to reduce the movement leeway for pitch and roll. Is it anything to do with the new pc having Vista 32 instead of XP or is that a red herring.
    Also can I load the Forgotten Battles addons like Last Days, Battle over Europe, Wings over Jungles, Rebirth, etc onto the 1946 programme.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I have just loaded 1946 onto a newer Sony laptop and found my CH Fighterstick is not as tight as on the previous laptop. How do I change the calibration to reduce the movement leeway for pitch and roll. Is it anything to do with the new pc having Vista 32 instead of XP or is that a red herring.
    Also can I load the Forgotten Battles addons like Last Days, Battle over Europe, Wings over Jungles, Rebirth, etc onto the 1946 programme.

Hey, larschance,

If I understood your question correctly -

In one of the first screens you'll see an option for 'Hardware' or 'Hardware Setup'.

Choose that, click on 'Input' and you'll see sliders for adjusting pitch, yaw and roll.

If you use your mouse for looking around you may want to bump up the sensitivity to at least 3, mine's at 5 right now. Too high and the view gets choppy.

Thanks Dashman. The red and green squares are not aligned in the Input screen and follow joystick movement haphazardly. How do I get them to coincide which I hope will give me more rigid control of the joystick. The response lag is causing me flight and shooting problems.

I don't remember which is which but one square is the actual input and the other square is the input the game will see according to the way you have the sliders on the right set up. If it's too haphazard you may need to move the sliders around until you set up a smoother curve.
    "The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.[Europe], under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep. If once [the people] become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress, and Assemblies, judges and governors shall all become wolves. " - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks. I will try different slide settings. Dont recall having this problem setting up on my previous pc.
    Also found I have to reinsert joystick in usb socket to get it recognised when I boot up as CH covers XP not Vista system.
    Loaded Wings over Citadel and Der Luftkrieg add ons but although they installed okay they dont appear anywhere on pc. I loaded them as 1946 files as instructed.
    I wonder if it is Vista causing these problems.

Information on setting up joystick sensitivity at http://www.mission4today.com/i...&op=show&kid=261#006 (along with some other stuff on installing and configuring joysticks).

Thanks Tully that should help.
    Now to get the add ons working.