Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Myst V work on DVD+R? | Forums

I was just wondering if Myst V is going to work on DVD+R drives, because I know Myst IV didn't due to the anit-piracy thing.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Worked fine (eventually) in my DVD-RW/DVD+RW drive.

I had to disable my "region free" program first, though, which irritated me no end. (Because region locking is illegal.)

I was just wondering if Myst V is going to work on DVD+R drives, because I know Myst IV didn't due to the anit-piracy thing.
    Actually, Myst IV did work on DVD+R drives, just not all of them (worked on mine). Myst V has "the anti-piracy thing", too, I'm sure.

Myst IV worked on my DVD-RW/DVD+RW drive, but Myst V says it can't find or authenticate original disk even though it is in the drive. Anything I can do without having to buy another drive?

Sarge

Precisely the same thing here.

As per my previous post, "the anti-piracy thing" is definitely on Myst V, as it was on Myst IV, but Myst IV recognized a legitimate disk.

Apparently, it was just not meant to be, me playing this game. After having to pay $10 extra for items I didn't want (Limited Edition) just because I'm a Mac user, now this. I've had it.

esarge, are you also a mac user?

Which OSX?
    ---
    Consider this a disclaimer, unless otherwise stated.

Mac OS X 10.4 (or 10.4.2, whatever is the latest update -- I'm not on the offending machine right now...) Thanks.

Just finished reading all the posts about "EoA" crashing on Mac OS X, and the grim outlook for a patch. SO, I'm still thinking I've kissed sixty bucks goodbye even if I get the game to recognize that -- yes -- there IS an original disk in the drive.
    This really, really sucks.

My PC has a sony DVD +-RW drive, and I had zero problems installing Myst V.

Monsieurdavid, I'd try selling the game on Ebay. Maybe then you'll get your money back.

Monsieurdavid, I'd try selling the game on Ebay. Maybe then you'll get your money back.
    Do you think everyone experiencing problems with this game should sell their copies, or discard them? Or do you think UbiSoft is in any way responsible for making the situation right? Just curious.
    Also, have you read any of the previous posts on this thread? The discussion is not an installation problem, but rather a disc authentication problem (original game disc must be in the drive), and from my standpoint, a Mac issue, not a PC issue. But thanks anyway.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast