Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Luck is Not Broken | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

  1. #1
    But you do need to know what it does before claiming that it's broken.

    First, let's not confuse Luck with Critical Hits. Criticals are in red and usually trigger a cut scene action. Not seeing those things is not an indication that luck is broken. Only that luck does not equal critical hit.

    Since luck is very important to Inferno, if it was too overpowering, it would make a strong faction overpowering. So it can't be nearly as good as the rarer critical hit.

    What do you think it should do? Since it's not a critical hit, so 50% more then the max damage (as expressed on a different thread) is clearly not a reasonable expectation.

    My theory is, it adds a percentage of bonus damage to what you would have done. For example, if it adds 25% then a projected damage range of 100-200 becomes 125-250. I frequently see damage above the max when getting a lucky indicator, but not always. And I don't expect to.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Well, if luck adds 25% damage, it sure sucks compared to morale, since you get a second attack at 50 % damage + another movement action.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Overpowering? You kidding me? 1 luck gives you a 1% chance to do 50% more damage. On average, per point of luck, you're getting 0.5% more damage. If you increase your physical attack by one, you're getting at least 2% more damage on physical attacks, usually more due to its exponential nature.

    You could argue that luck affects both troops that do might, and magic damage, but even then, it's still outclassed. The stats are also clearly equal in difficulty to get, as you don't get more of it from using your skill points, or leveling up than you would your physical stats.

    Not to mention a 50% bonus still makes morale better with the extra movement.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    11
    Wrong, here is the quote from the manual:


    The Luck attribute determines a creature’s chance to inflict +50% damage at each regular
    strike. The heroes’ Destiny attribute is directly added to their creatures’ Luck. The Luck value of
    a creature can also possess negative values. In this case the creatures’ damage is decreased
    by 50%.


    Luck = Destiny = Crit = chance for +50% damage

    Now stop spreading misinformation.

    And yes, the Destiny hero talent is garbage. It needs to be tripled in effectiveness to even match Assailant, and Assailant is fairly mediocre itself.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Luck is definitely and hopelessly broken.

    It appears to trigger with the right frequency (inasmuch as I can guesstimate) but the additional damage does not appear to be working correctly. Without Flawless Assault on a unit, Luck hits seem to always deliver the minimal amount of damage, plus the Luck bonus (sometimes, dependant on the unit and/or faction in question), rather than delivering damage in the minimum to maximum range plus bonus damage, which is the way it should be working.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13
    Originally posted by Mist_Weaver:
    Luck is definitely and hopelessly broken.

    It appears to trigger with the right frequency (inasmuch as I can guesstimate) but the additional damage does not appear to be working correctly. Without Flawless Assault on a unit, Luck hits seem to always deliver the minimal amount of damage, plus the Luck bonus (sometimes, dependant on the unit and/or faction in question), rather than delivering damage in the minimum to maximum range plus bonus damage, which is the way it should be working.
    I have also noticed that when "luck" triggers the attack would result in minimal damage inflicted. One other thing I noticed however is that the horseshoe is upside down. The right side up horseshoe with the ends pointing up is found over barn doors in the United States and all over the world and symbolizes capturing luck to give you good luck. The upside down horseshoe means just the opposite, luck is spilling out and you have bad luck.

    The horseshoe symbol is upside down and the damage is minimal when "luck" is triggered so I thought that maybe it was depicting a trigger of bad luck.

    I think Ubisoft needs to fix the "luck" effect on combat and the symbol used to depict luck.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Originally posted by Dasher3:
    But you do need to know what it does before claiming that it's broken.

    First, let's not confuse Luck with Critical Hits. Criticals are in red and usually trigger a cut scene action. Not seeing those things is not an indication that luck is broken. Only that luck does not equal critical hit.


    Since luck is very important to Inferno, if it was too overpowering, it would make a strong faction overpowering. So it can't be nearly as good as the rarer critical hit.



    What do you think it should do? Since it's not a critical hit, so 50% more then the max damage (as expressed on a different thread) is clearly not a reasonable expectation.



    My theory is, it adds a percentage of bonus damage to what you would have done. For example, if it adds 25% then a projected damage range of 100-200 becomes 125-250. I frequently see damage above the max when getting a lucky indicator, but not always. And I don't expect to.
    Nonsense. The joke is inferno has no single creature where luck works correctly. When using blood rep might hero special ability where all hits against target should be critical there is no damage bonus ever.

    The luck is the same as critical hit. It adds 50% dmg to the damage done within range. It is easy to test with vanizame because it is creature that has wide range of dmg and working luck. Even when critcal hit does not reach max. dmg it is still shown in red and noted in combat log. No such thing ever happens with majority of creatures. Test your hypothesis before claiming they are valid theorys instead of misleading people on the forums it is not that difficult.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Originally posted by Mist_Weaver:
    Luck is definitely and hopelessly broken.

    It appears to trigger with the right frequency (inasmuch as I can guesstimate) but the additional damage does not appear to be working correctly. Without Flawless Assault on a unit, Luck hits seem to always deliver the minimal amount of damage, plus the Luck bonus (sometimes, dependant on the unit and/or faction in question), rather than delivering damage in the minimum to maximum range plus bonus damage, which is the way it should be working.
    That´s right. Almost all times when a unit is lucky you cant even notice if it has actually done the bonus damage.
    I think i have seen just two or three lucky hits that killed more units than a normal hit.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Originally posted by daejenkins:
    I have also noticed that when "luck" triggers the attack would result in minimal damage inflicted. One other thing I noticed however is that the horseshoe is upside down. The right side up horseshoe with the ends pointing up is found over barn doors in the United States and all over the world and symbolizes capturing luck to give you good luck. The upside down horseshoe means just the opposite, luck is spilling out and you have bad luck.

    The horseshoe symbol is upside down and the damage is minimal when "luck" is triggered so I thought that maybe it was depicting a trigger of bad luck.

    I think Ubisoft needs to fix the "luck" effect on combat and the symbol used to depict luck.


    Good point!
    Very good point!

    If the horseshoe symbol that represents luck is upside down, it could also be mistaken as Omega!
    Even the bravest of heroes must rest sometime.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Um... luck does equal critical hits. And yes, it is broken.

    <span class="ev_code_RED">Moderator edit & warning > Please do not insult people if they post information or comments you do not agree with.</span>
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •